Author Topic: Pence leaving personal attacks to Trump  (Read 263 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pence leaving personal attacks to Trump
« on: July 17, 2016, 02:26:02 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/288044-trump-running-mate-and-i-are-different-people

July 16, 2016, 06:37 pm
Pence leaving personal attacks to Trump

By Jessie Hellmann

Vice presidential pick Mike Pence seems to be leaving the negative campaigning to Donald Trump.

In their first joint interview together on "60 Minutes," Pence dodged a question about whether Trump has run a negative campaign — Pence once wrote an essay titled "Confessions of a Negative Campaigner" after an ugly congressional race and condemned negative tactics.

"I think this is a good man who's been talking about the issues the American people care about," Pence said in an excerpt of the interview that will air Sunday. "I said campaigns ought to be about something more important that just one candidate's election. And this campaign and Donald Trump's candidacy has been about the issues the American people care about."

Pressed by host Lesley Stahl, Trump cut in to say the two are "different people."

"We're different people. I understand that. I'll give you an example: Hillary Clinton is a liar," Trump said.

"That's negative," Stahl responded.

"You better believe it. Hillary Clinton is a crook," Trump said. "I call her 'Crooked Hillary.' She's Crooked Hillary ... I didn't ask him to do it, but I don't think he should do it because it's different for him."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fantom

Re: Pence leaving personal attacks to Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 03:07:01 am »

Impeachment.....too early maybe. :patriot:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass