Author Topic: How Obama Left Us More Racially Divided Than Ever If you think America is a land of oppression instead of a land of freedom, you will sow social discord. That’s President Obama’s legacy.  (Read 181 times)

rangerrebew

How Obama Left Us More Racially Divided Than Ever
If you think America is a land of oppression instead of a land of freedom, you will sow social discord. That’s President Obama’s legacy.
John Gibbs
By John Gibbs
July 13, 2016

My mother is a huge fan of Barack Obama. The house is decked out with portraits of the president and Michelle, including some from his inauguration, which she attended. I’ve never seen her this excited for any president, including Bill Clinton.

This type of sentiment is typical of many black Americans, who have a brimming sense of pride over the first black president. This is not so much because they agree with his policies—in fact, many black Americans, while Democrats, identify as conservative—but rather due to a sense of victory that after so many years of slavery and segregation, we’ve finally arrived at the point where the American people are willing to accept a black president.

Yet all is not well. Under President Obama, many black folks think racial division has increased, not decreased. A family friend, who is a Democrat and an Obama supporter, recently curiously remarked, “I’ll be glad when Obama is out of office.” He said this not as an affront to President Obama, but as an acknowledgement that the state of racial affairs seems to have gotten worse under him.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/13/how-obama-left-us-more-racially-divided-than-ever/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 08:56:45 pm by rangerrebew »