Author Topic: In Cleveland, a dazed GOP marches toward a Trump nomination, by Jon Ward  (Read 739 times)

RAT Patrol

In Cleveland, a dazed GOP marches toward a Trump nomination

by Jon Ward

July 16, 2016

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cleveland-dazed-gop-marches-toward-000000623.html

Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee, in 2013. (Photo: Damian Dovarganes/AP)

CLEVELAND – It is hard to settle on a proper metaphor for the last several days of preparations for the Republican convention, which begins here Monday.

A forced march?

Invasion of the body snatchers?

A few thousand members of the Republican Party will gather over the next few days for an event ostensibly devoted to celebrating a man whom large numbers of them don’t like and didn’t support for most of the primary process.

Many of them are taking part in the Republican convention and helping to nominate Donald Trump only out of concern for their party or because they dislike presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton so intensely.

This process began to play out this week, as a rebellion against Trump was put down by the Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign in a meeting to settle on the rules for the convention.

One person who helped Trump crush the uprising admitted that he wasn’t even sure if he’d vote for Trump this fall. Many others in the pro-Trump faction of this week’s fight evinced no enthusiasm for the work, signaling with their body language or with facial expressions — a roll of the eyes here, a shaking of the head there — that they were not happy about their task.

Read more at link.  https://www.yahoo.com/news/cleveland-dazed-gop-marches-toward-000000623.html

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Reince, Fail, Repeat.

When Trump wins it will not be because of the efforts of Reince Priebus.

In fact, the first thing Trump should do is fire Reince and put in a new Chairman of the RNC.  Long, long overdue.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Reince, Fail, Repeat.

When Trump wins it will not be because of the efforts of Reince Priebus.

In fact, the first thing Trump should do is fire Reince and put in a new Chairman of the RNC.  Long, long overdue.
I agree. There has been no fool who has worked more tirelessly to destroy the GOP and the country than Reince.

I hope that bastard is the first to be neutralized at the Great American Trump Show Trials, along with McConnell, and Ryan.  Trump should purge the GOP of the puppets he purchased immediately or there could be trouble before he shuts down the media. 

Perhaps a mock coup. 

There is no sense in leaving anybody who could reveal how the election was bought.  Then let's get Murdock, Hannity, Limbaugh, and the Koch bros.  String them all up until it is only emperors Trump, Soros, and the Clinton's standing triumphant as they board the flight to Jeffrey Epstien's island in celebration of the next 42 months.

I hope you are last against the wall.  I hope you get to watch their faces often.  You deserve it.

geronl

Prince Creepus can go work for Trump as shoe-shine boy after the GOP is obliterated in November

Offline ConstitutionRose

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.