Author Topic: Quayle salutes Trump for Pence pick  (Read 477 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Quayle salutes Trump for Pence pick
« on: July 17, 2016, 02:18:58 am »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/dan-quayle-mike-pence-vp-225665

Quayle salutes Trump for Pence pick

"It shows how he’s probably going to govern,” the former Bush 41 VP says in his first public comments since the announcement.

By Darren Samuelsohn

07/16/16 08:12 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS — Former Vice President Dan Quayle praised Donald Trump for making a “great choice” in picking Mike Pence as his running mate, telling POLITICO that the move would help calm a cross section of voters who may have otherwise been nervous about the billionaire real estate mogul atop the ticket.

“It gave a lot of comfort to Republicans, independents and some disenchanted Democrats,” Quayle said by telephone on Saturday in an exclusive interview. “It’s a great choice for Donald Trump and hopefully they’re on the road to victory.”

Quayle had already said in May he would support Trump in the general election, putting him a step ahead of both his former boss, George H.W. Bush, and his boss’s son, George W. Bush. Asked whether the former presidents were any closer to backing Trump, even if they won’t publicly say so, Quayle replied, “Clearly in their heart of hearts I should hope they would want a Republican president, but they can speak for themselves.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Quayle salutes Trump for Pence pick
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 02:20:29 am »

Trump bashers call Dan a dirty name.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 02:23:31 am »
Well, that does it.

Dan Quayle approves of Mike Pence, so what more is to be said?

Potatoe?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 02:32:15 am »
The words of Dan Quayle won't change the public opinion of lifelong New York liberal Donald Trump.

Trump is still a vile liberal and it appears he always will be.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 02:32:55 am »
Now THAT is quite the endorsement!  Something to really brag about Trumpsters!  But all I hear is crickets.  ha ha
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 02:49:12 am »
Now THAT is quite the endorsement!  Something to really brag about Trumpsters!

The fact that it was posted means that not only did someone deem it valuable (which it isn't), but they also failed to understand just how laughable it is.   :silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 06:49:18 am »

I won't call Quayle a dirty name, I always thought he got a lot of undeserved abuse..............well until now, now I'm thinking maybe he really isn't that smart after all. But I won't call him any names, it's cruel to call someone with limitations names.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 07:41:46 am »

The establishment is bringing out the BIG guns now.  Tomorrow Speaker Hastert will endorse Trump from prison.  Bring back Bob Dole.  That will convince me.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 11:30:30 am »
The establishment is bringing out the BIG guns now.  Tomorrow Speaker Hastert will endorse Trump from prison.  Bring back Bob Dole.  That will convince me.

Nothing says bladder protection like endorsements from the Depends crowd.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 05:40:56 am »
I remember when Lloyd Bentsen told Quayle, "You're no Jack Kennedy"; well, Jack Kennedy was no Dan Quayle either. Weak remark by Bentsen, couldn't get over a comparison without a cheap shot.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 06:39:19 am »
I remember when Lloyd Bentsen told Quayle, "You're no Jack Kennedy"; well, Jack Kennedy was no Dan Quayle either. Weak remark by Bentsen, couldn't get over a comparison without a cheap shot.
I would have seen that as a compliment, after all he was saying that Quayle wasn't a lying, whoring, adulterer, drug addict, member of a criminal family who won the presidential election through criminal acts.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 08:14:05 am »

Ask and you shall receive:  http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/288039-bob-dole-disappointed-in-jeb-bush-for-skipping-convention
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 08:17:15 am »

Reagan got him back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEKy47pmsY
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-