Author Topic: Trump doubles down with most divisive VP pick in a Generation  (Read 4170 times)

Wingnut

Re: Trump doubles down with most divisive VP pick in a Generation
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 04:55:03 pm »
I can't believe this is the guy the real Trump would pick as VP.    I'm guessing..sometime soon...the voices in Trumps head are going to  to say:

Pence

Online mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 05:03:54 pm »
Trump doubles down with most divisive VP pick in a Generation
And that, kids, is what we call "hyperbole."
Pence isn't divisive. At best, he's an unknown to most LIVs.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 05:06:38 pm »

Also if Trump is still trying to unify the GOP in September he is deep trouble.

Hey, at least now there's a Republican on the ticket.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 05:08:47 pm »
Scott Walker ‏@ScottWalker 2h2 hours ago

Mike Pence would be an outstanding Vice President!  He is a good man and a good friend.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 05:10:29 pm »

Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 05:16:02 pm »
Hey, at least now there's a Republican on the ticket.

I wonder what  the honorable William J. LePetomaine would say about all this?

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 05:23:04 pm »
It's not incompetence, it's intentional....

Yes, and genius.  It allows Trump as much consumption of the airways and internet as possible.  Trump gets more and more publicity.   But, the Hillary lovers have to feign Trump's incompetence.  And, it is not working at all for them.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 05:26:20 pm »
I don't understand this angst over Pence...aside from him being boring I don't know what the problem is.

IMHO the Trump folks wanted Newt.  Hannity doesn't think Pence is Conservative enough.

Yeah I know I scratched my head on that one too. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:26:47 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 05:27:54 pm »
I don't understand this angst over Pence...aside from him being boring I don't know what the problem is.

Pence is a solid pick.   He should please most social conservatives and Cruz supporters.  He has 12 years in Congress in addition to his experience as governor.   He adds some geographical and social conservative balance to the ticket. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 05:30:05 pm »
Trump and team have done fine, so far. It is #nevertrump that has had their pants around their ankles, based on results.

Many #nevertrumps said they wanted a conservative VP nominee. They got one.

The most productive use of one's resources now, would be opposition to Hillary.

Continued criticism of Trump yields zero benefit for anybody. Unless you measure and value the psychic value of engaging in spewing forth conflict.

The guy riding shotgun doesn't get to drive the car.  I don't give a damn who the VP pick is.

It's TRUMP that's the problem. 

#NeverTrump is Never Trump, for any reason.  The criticism will continue................
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 05:30:29 pm »
Can't criticize the orange king now can we?

Joining the Marxist Chorus line?  Those are the ones leading your band.

geronl

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 05:35:05 pm »
Take note that #nevertrump #1 sinkspur, criticizes Pence for taking conservative positions. (and then caves)

If you missed that I will repeat, sinkspur is therefore taking the liberal side. (NOPE)

He is running the democrat video, as his Trump criticism thread. He posted it for the sake of discussion, of course.

Just for the record, here, now. (A broken record apparently)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 05:44:08 pm »
Pence is a solid pick.   He should please most social conservatives and Cruz supporters.  He has 12 years in Congress in addition to his experience as governor.   He adds some geographical and social conservative balance to the ticket.

Intelligent remarks. A breath of fresh air, rare as that has become.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2016, 06:20:46 pm »
Now that the nominee is set for the GOP, there no longer IS a NeverTrump movement. There's just people working to stop the GOP presidential nominee from winning the election. These folks are little more than a remnant of angry establishment Bushites with a sprinkling of bitter Cruzies...who are now in effect #AlwaysHillary folks, or perhaps #AlwaysGary, #AlwaysDavid and/or #AlwaysJill. That's their right, of course...so spare any victimology style responses. You folks are free to support whoever you wish in our Republic. As you are not voting for the nominee of the Republican party, you are now in opposition to the vast majority of principled and determined Republicans and Conservatives.

As Republicans and Conservatives, its now our job ("Our" being the vast majority of GOP voters) to support the party, our nominees (Trump-Pence)  and our platform...and to oppose those who oppose him and it. You are all welcome back to the Conservative/GOP fold at a time of your choosing...if you so choose. If not, best of luck to you with Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Darrell Castle, Hillary Clinton and/or not voting. 

As you folks literally don't want the GOP candidate to win the presidential election...and since you all know full well a 3rd party candidate cannot win...well, you do the math as to who your position helps into the White House. I'd do it for you, but I'm forbidden.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:51:29 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline r9etb

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2016, 06:28:03 pm »
There's just people working to stop the GOP presidential nominee from winning the election.

Party over principle.  Got it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2016, 06:39:31 pm »
Dana Bash
‏@DanaBashCNN
Scoop: @realDonaldTrump was so unsure about @mike_pence that around midnight last night he asked top aides if he could get out of it

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2016, 06:46:05 pm »
Now that the nominee is set for the GOP, there no longer IS a NeverTrump movement. There's just people working to stop the GOP presidential nominee from winning the election. These folks are little more than a remnant of angry establishment Bushites with a sprinkling of bitter Cruzies...who are now in effect #AlwaysHillary folks, or perhaps #AlwaysGary, #AlwaysDavid and/or #AlwaysJill. That's their right, of course...so spare any victimology style responses. You folks are free to support whoever you wish in our Republic. As you are not voting for the nominee of the Republican party, you are not in opposition to the vast majority of principled and determined Republicans and Conservatives.

As Republicans and Conservatives, its now our job ("Our" being the vast majority of GOP voters) to support the party, our nominees (Trump-Pence)  and our platform...and to oppose those who oppose him and it. You are all welcome back to the Conservative/GOP fold at a time of your choosing...if you so choose. If not, best of luck to you with Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Darrell Castle, Hillary Clinton and/or not voting. 

As you folks literally don't want the GOP candidate to win the presidential election...and since you all know full well a 3rd party candidate cannot win...well, you do the math as to who your position helps into the White House. I'd do it for you, but I'm forbidden.

I am a conservative and am in that "fold" whether you like or not.  But I am no longer in the GOP, so you can have whatever's left of it now that the Party has thrown most of its conservative principles overboard:  free trade, pro-life, lower taxes, NATO, and religious freedom. 

Your rigged rules committee fiasco was the height of hypocrisy.  But, I guess turnabout is fair now that Trump controls the levers of power. 

Offline r9etb

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2016, 06:46:18 pm »
Dana Bash
‏@DanaBashCNN
Scoop: @realDonaldTrump was so unsure about @mike_pence that around midnight last night he asked top aides if he could get out of it

Sigh....

Offline r9etb

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2016, 06:47:26 pm »
Your rigged rules committee fiasco was the height of hypocrisy.  But, I guess turnabout is fair now that Trump controls the levers of power.

"It's not hypocrisy when we do it."

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2016, 06:59:51 pm »
I am a conservative and am in that "fold" whether you like or not.  But I am no longer in the GOP, so you can have whatever's left of it now that the Party has thrown most of its conservative principles overboard:  free trade, pro-life, lower taxes, NATO, and religious freedom. 

None of those principles have been thrown out. For example, free trade doesn't mean signing onto deals that allow others access to our markets without reciprocation. So the party and nominee are fully in favor of free trade, just not trade and trade deals that penalize our manufacturers and employees while failing to open up markets in other nations. That's just plain stupid and its what we've been doing under the current administration. Lower taxes...yep, for the middle class and for corporations. The upper 1% may not get a cut...but we're talking a small element of our tax paying public, the vast majority will get a cut or are already not paying taxes NATO isn't going away, but all member MUST pay their fair share to shore up their military strength...its never been the task of the US to be the only militarily ready nation within the alliance. Religious freedom will be protected through conservative justice appointments, strong examples of which Trump has already provided.

So as I stated, conservatives ARE on board the Trump candidacy...as part of the GOP. You are part of a fringe of very bitter folks...not at all representative of conservatives in general.  You have every right to your dissent and to go vote Stein-Clinton-Castle-Johnson...have at it. But you are now part of the problem that Republicans and Conservatives must overcome to put our nominee in the White House.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2016, 07:03:02 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2016, 07:04:07 pm »
None of those principles have been thrown out. For example, free trade doesn't mean signing onto deals that allow others access to our markets without reciprocation. So the party and nominee are fully in favor of free trade, just not trade and trade deals that penalize our manufacturers and employees while failing to open up markets in other nations. That's just plain stupid and its what we've been doing under the current administration. Lower taxes...yep, for the middle class and for corporations. The upper 1% may not get a cut...but we're talking a small element of our tax paying public, the vast majority will get a cut or are already not paying taxes NATO isn't going away, but all member MUST pay their fair share to shore up their military strength...its never been the task of the US to be the only militarily ready nation within the alliance. Religious freedom will be protected through conservative justice appointments, strong examples of which Trump has already provided.

So as I stated, conservatives ARE on board the Trump candidacy...as part of the GOP. You are part of a fringe of very bitter folks...not at all representative of conservatives in general.  You have every right to your dissent and to go vote Stein-Clinton-Castle-Johnson...have at it. But you are now part of the problem that Republicans and Conservatives must overcome to put our nominee in the White House.

Ok, for the last time, I don't vote for people who gave money to the Clintons..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2016, 07:18:08 pm »
I don't know enough about Pence to make a judgment on his conservative credentials of how divisive he is - but I would safely say Palin was a very "divisive" VP choice.   As much as I liked her at the time, the negative reaction to her being McCain's choice was felt far and wide. People either loved the pick or hated it.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Idiot

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2016, 07:25:32 pm »
You're free to spout such stuff, but you've missed the point.

This is the video from which most voters are going to get their first impression of Pence, while Trump and team are once again caught on the pot with their pants around their ankles.

The VP pick doesn't mean a hill of beans.  He'll be forgotten in a week.  Heck I have to rack my brain to remember Biden's name...lol.