Author Topic: Newt: Deport Everyone Who Agrees With Sharia Law  (Read 6106 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Newt: Deport Everyone Who Agrees With Sharia Law
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 03:22:52 pm »
What the hell? Test everyone with a muslim background? I work with people with a muslim background, I don't need a BIG GOVERNMENT testing them for anything. Every one of them who I work with are good people and  dress like you and I, have pictures of their kids, weddins and vacations on their desk like you and I. Talk sports like you and I. And have never done anything to raise suspicion or question loyalty like you and I.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2016, 05:14:41 pm »
What the hell? Test everyone with a muslim background? I work with people with a muslim background, I don't need a BIG GOVERNMENT testing them for anything. Every one of them who I work with are good people and  dress like you and I, have pictures of their kids, weddins and vacations on their desk like you and I. Talk sports like you and I. And have never done anything to raise suspicion or question loyalty like you and I.

Did you know that following WWII, the allies conducted "Denazification" checking every citizen in Germany/Austria. Same for Japan.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »
Gingrich's point is good but it depends on how Sharia Law is defined I hear.

How "Sharia Law is defined"?  The point would be that sharia law is by definition the supreme law for muslims - as in over and above U. S. law.  If they don't believe in sharia, fine, they're not practicing muslims and that's not the topic of this discussion.

Now, how and whether one would go about determining this sort of this is a whole 'nuther issue. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 06:20:59 pm »
Did you know that following WWII, the allies conducted "Denazification" checking every citizen in Germany/Austria. Same for Japan.

Not sure what your point is.

We don't have religious tests in America.  Islam is a religion, not a nationality.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2016, 06:27:08 pm »
Islam from the start was/is a political system encompassing religion. Full exercise or Quoranic islam means government/religion rolled into one.

Examples include Saudi Arabia, Iran etc. Genital mutilation, amputations, daughter murders are condoned and common.

Don't feed me the "religion" excuse bullshit.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=sharia+law+amputations+stonings&oq=sharia+law+amputations+stonings&gs_l=hp.3...2751.9741.0.10158.33.31.0.2.2.0.642.3764.8j21j5-1.30.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.25.2669.0..0j46j35i39j0i3j0i20j0i131j0i46j0i22i30j33i21.rMf8swWygZc

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2016, 06:30:10 pm »
Islam from the start was/is a political system encompassing religion. Full exercise or Quoranic islam means government/religion rolled into one.

Examples include Saudi Arabia, Iran etc. Genital mutilation, amputations, daughter murders are condoned and common.

Don't feed me the "religion" excuse bullshit.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=sharia+law+amputations+stonings&oq=sharia+law+amputations+stonings&gs_l=hp.3...2751.9741.0.10158.33.31.0.2.2.0.642.3764.8j21j5-1.30.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.25.2669.0..0j46j35i39j0i3j0i20j0i131j0i46j0i22i30j33i21.rMf8swWygZc

Well, I'm glad you don't get to determine what is and is not a "religion."  You might disqualify my Catholicism because we eat flesh and drink blood.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2016, 06:35:40 pm »
Islam is a theocratic death cult that hides behind our religious freedom and allows for the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into the highest levels of our National Government. Its tenets are antithetical to our Founding Principles and those who follow islam have no place in the United States. There are active terrorist investigations in every State. The sleeper cells are here and planning our destruction- yet some apparently buy into the "religious tolerance" argument.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:38:23 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2016, 06:59:38 pm »
I agree with Seeker; islam is much more than a religion and not the sort of thing we think of when we think of Christianity or Judaism. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2016, 07:03:56 pm »
Islam is a theocratic death cult that hides behind our religious freedom and allows for the infiltration of the Muslim Brotherhood into the highest levels of our National Government. Its tenets are antithetical to our Founding Principles and those who follow islam have no place in the United States. There are active terrorist investigations in every State. The sleeper cells are here and planning our destruction- yet some apparently buy into the "religious tolerance" argument.

It's in the Constitution.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 07:04:39 pm »
I agree with Seeker; islam is much more than a religion and not the sort of thing we think of when we think of Christianity or Judaism.

Depends on who the "we" are.

Offline WAC

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 08:24:30 pm »
Newt stated regarding Muslims.........."if they believe in sharia, they should be deported. ..Sharia is incompatible with western civilization."

I agree. .....though Muslims often present Shariah as "A way of life".....to soft sell it....Shariah is far more than  "fear filled"  way of life...it is a means of 'controlling' their people and everything about their life  through severe punishments and violence...and even death.

Offline WAC

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2016, 08:38:13 pm »

But you do not know what they do in their homes....which can often slip out into their workplace and or the streets....

A Muslim  founder of a  New York television station also worked with people as those you describe and had photos lining his desk......  he was convicted  of 'beheading his wife'  in the studio..stabbed her with two knifes over 40 times... the couple had opened the station  to counter negative stereotypes of Muslims..........

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2016, 08:40:33 pm »
Depends on who the "we" are.

Oh, come on, Sink.  It's the general "we". 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »
Oh, come on, Sink.  It's the general "we".

The general "we" disagrees with all this ban Muslim stuff.  It is simply not a workable solution.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2016, 09:25:30 pm »
The general "we" disagrees with all this ban Muslim stuff.  It is simply not a workable solution.

OK, that's what was confusing:  I said "I agree with Seeker; islam is much more than a religion and not the sort of thing we think of when we think of Christianity or Judaism" and you're apparently talking about bans. 

My point was that we can't think of islam as we do religions, because it's not.  I didn't say anything about banning all muslims except to say that I wasn't sure how that would or could work.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »
OK, that's what was confusing:  I said "I agree with Seeker; islam is much more than a religion and not the sort of thing we think of when we think of Christianity or Judaism" and you're apparently talking about bans. 

My point was that we can't think of islam as we do religions, because it's not.  I didn't say anything about banning all muslims except to say that I wasn't sure how that would or could work.

I doubt most people would agree that Islam is not a religion. It is a religion, whatever its political activities.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2016, 09:42:27 pm »
I doubt most people would agree that Islam is not a religion. It is a religion, whatever its political activities.

Sink, do you think the guys who wrote the First Amendment would agree with that?  That they intended islam to be treated the same way as Christianity and Judaism? 

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2016, 09:54:33 pm »
Sink, do you think the guys who wrote the First Amendment would agree with that?  That they intended islam to be treated the same way as Christianity and Judaism?

Insofar as "communism" holds both government and religious meanings and aspects, you could say communism is a religion, and deserves protection.

Surely the same would apply to Japan's religion whereby they held their emperor to be a deity, and they committed awful atrocities, the like of which has not been seen until recent Islamic terror.

But we wisely waged wars. to defeat them. We face a similar situation with islam.

Who wants a muslim family living in the US to invoke "religious freedom" to justify mutilating their daughter's genitals, forcing her to marry, stoning or killing her if she is raped by a brother, father, or outsider?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2016, 10:09:07 pm »
Insofar as "communism" holds both government and religious meanings and aspects, you could say communism is a religion, and deserves protection.

Surely the same would apply to Japan's religion whereby they held their emperor to be a deity, and they committed awful atrocities, the like of which has not been seen until recent Islamic terror.

But we wisely waged wars. to defeat them. We face a similar situation with islam.

Who wants a muslim family living in the US to invoke "religious freedom" to justify mutilating their daughter's genitals, forcing her to marry, stoning or killing her if she is raped by a brother, father, or outsider?

I agree with Newt here.

Islam is a governmental system masquerading as a religion. I seriously doubt that the founders intended for all governmental systems be created equal.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2016, 10:27:57 pm »

The Salem Witch Trials, hangings were conducted under the auspices of "religious freedom," too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2016, 10:41:37 pm »
It's in the Constitution.

The theocratic death cult of islam is in the Constitution?  :thud:
Principles matter. Words matter.

HonestJohn

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2016, 10:47:05 pm »

Judaism has halakha law governing religious and non-religious life.  It covers the same areas as Sharia.

That Islamic law covers the secular is not a valid reason to criticize.

That many Muslims seek to make non-Muslims follow it... is.

But then, we couldn't take the easy way out and blame Islam.

HonestJohn

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2016, 10:55:42 pm »

We already have case law and precedent that cover this.  Religious freedom doesn't cover Christian Scientists who refuse life-saving care for their children.  Nor can snake-handlers give their infants venomous snakes.

That is, until we push through those 'religious freedom' bills designed to grant people the right to do so.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2016, 11:11:52 pm »
We already have case law and precedent that cover this.  Religious freedom doesn't cover Christian Scientists who refuse life-saving care for their children.  Nor can snake-handlers give their infants venomous snakes.

That is, until we push through those 'religious freedom' bills designed to grant people the right to do so.

Alas you and I might be in near agreement, in this area.

The written texts of islam direct them to commit murder in certain instances. The question becomes, do they merit special scrutiny, in light of hundreds of recent cases of international and domestic terrorism in the name of their religion.

I say the danger merits the scrutiny. To me some muslims may be like venomous snakes.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:12:33 pm by truth_seeker »

HonestJohn

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2016, 11:18:10 pm »
Alas you and I might be in near agreement, in this area.

The written texts of islam direct them to commit murder in certain instances. The question becomes, do they merit special scrutiny, in light of hundreds of recent cases of international and domestic terrorism in the name of their religion.

I say the danger merits the scrutiny. To me some muslims may be like venomous snakes.

And that's perfectly acceptable to determine (somehow) if new immigrants desire/adhere to it.  Just make sure to ask all immigrants that question.  Kazakhs, for one, are peaceful.  The Hui Chinese are as well. 

It's not the religion, but the person who interpretes and the person who follows that interpretation... that is the issue.