Author Topic: New bicycles, just like a new identity  (Read 2894 times)

Offline SquirrelCutter

• Hey Moe, I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens!
    • My homepage over on FR, if things continue as current I may find a new host.
Re: New bicycles, just like a new identity
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 10:05:19 pm »
Roadies...meh!   :tongue2:

And you don't have to worry about any ferals chasing you on the street... :laugh:

I love all God's children; mountain bikes and road bikes, rigid singlespeeds and long-travel all-mountains, enduros and cruisers.

Anything but BMX  :tongue2:
"Do right, and risk the consequences" -- Old Sam Houston

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

I tend to say what I think, sometimes before I think.

And, as always, my opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 10:12:59 pm »
I love all God's children; mountain bikes and road bikes, rigid singlespeeds and long-travel all-mountains, enduros and cruisers.

You sound just like a riding buddy of mine...he's the same way and rides many of those.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Wingnut

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 10:28:23 pm »

Hey with your new toy.....you putting in any seat time on your 1970 Schwinn Paramount "fixed gear", 1980 Ron Cooper Sprint or the 1993 Paramount?

Wingnut

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 12:49:46 pm »
Found a new shirt that sums up this weeks rides....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline SquirrelCutter

• Hey Moe, I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens!
    • My homepage over on FR, if things continue as current I may find a new host.
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2016, 03:01:58 am »
Hey with your new toy.....you putting in any seat time on your 1970 Schwinn Paramount "fixed gear", 1980 Ron Cooper Sprint or the 1993 Paramount?

I like the way your big old brain works brah. No, but I will. I've just gone over 100 miles on the n00b, last night, but tomorry I figure to take that old fixer out and do a lap. I can't ride hard every time, tomorrow will be a goof off ride.

Thank you beddy beddy mooch.

PS -- OOO OOO OOO,  you remind me of a snotty remark you made earlier in this thread  :beer:

I ordered some new handlebars today for the Strangler, and they are NOT carbon fiber. I am allergic to that stuff, it makes me sneeze and yell at my wife  :chairbang:

No good will come from that  :nono:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:09:38 am by SquirrelCutter »
"Do right, and risk the consequences" -- Old Sam Houston

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

I tend to say what I think, sometimes before I think.

And, as always, my opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.

Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 03:25:14 am »
I like the way your big old brain works brah. No, but I will. I've just gone over 100 miles on the n00b, last night, but tomorry I figure to take that old fixer out and do a lap. I can't ride hard every time, tomorrow will be a goof off ride.

Thank you beddy beddy mooch.

PS -- OOO OOO OOO,  you remind me of a snotty remark you made earlier in this thread  :beer:

I ordered some new handlebars today for the Strangler, and they are NOT carbon fiber. I am allergic to that stuff, it makes me sneeze and yell at my wife  :chairbang:

Treat the Strangler well.    I have a particular affection to that name.   It goes back to my college Football days.  Someday I will tell you why.