Author Topic: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee  (Read 8873 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: #NeverTrump Delegate Rebels ‘Defeated’ at the RNC Rules Committee
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2016, 02:00:59 pm »
@mystery-ak

@Repub4Trump

This guy needs to go!

YESTERDAY!

No one gets banned for an opinion here, DC.

Seems like you've been around long enough to understand that.    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2016, 02:03:48 pm »
Deep dark secret revealed here:  I've used the porta-potty at the new home building sites when out walking my dog.  They are nicer than they used to be.  :silly:  When you gotta go you gotta go.
The ones with the tank in the base are usually pretty nice, so long as they stay upright. The nicest one was on a Grace Drilling rig in ND. Thirty five below out, but the steel outhouse had six inch styrofoam insulation in the walls and formica over that, and an electric heater. Ahhhhh.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2016, 02:04:21 pm »

IMHO DC has become an insufferable ASS just like his buddy JimRob!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2016, 02:05:45 pm »
IMHO DC has become an insufferable ASS just like his buddy JimRob!

Well, he clearly wants control of what other people think and say.

(And he really is a tattle tale......  sad......... ).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2016, 02:06:25 pm »
Trumpies love their fascist pig. What does that make them???

That means you are violating the directions of both the owners, in two ways

--making Nazi complaints

--Name calling other members here

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2016, 02:06:42 pm »

He does love to try.  You've seen his bullying on the "FR refugee" thread... and how often he tried in the primaries.

I wouldn't tolerate that sort of behavior.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2016, 02:06:51 pm »
Deep dark secret revealed here:  I've used the porta-potty at the new home building sites when out walking my dog.  They are nicer than they used to be.  :silly:  When you gotta go you gotta go.

My bucket list is so full, but I'll keep this in mind!  (I've used a lot of "em, tho!) 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2016, 02:08:49 pm »
To clarify - I will not be a good German.  That's how it is, brownshirt.

Counselor, that is a direct instance of name calling, which has been deemed not acceptable

HonestJohn

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »

--making Nazi complaints

Fascist is only Nazi?

Who was name called?  Generics aren't name-calling.  You know that, as it's been discussed ad-nausem here for the last <insert number of months here>.

This looks like a deceptive self-justification to call for a purge.

It's happened before, so there are past examples to compare to.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2016, 02:12:36 pm »
Both comments are inappropriate:
To clarify.Since voting 3rd party will not defeat him are are you supporting voting for Hillary to defeat Trump?
and
To clarify - I will not be a good German.  That's how it is, brownshirt. 
To the pro-Trumps: stop accusing those who don't support Trump of supporting Clinton.
To the anti-Trumps: stop it with the Nazi references.
Right now. There will be no more warnings. Both sides are in the wrong. Both sides will face consequences.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2016, 02:13:35 pm »
I will not stand by quietly while people of good conscience argue for supporting corruption, bigotry and evil in the name of a so-called lesser of two evils reasoning.
You are correct the whole world is watching, but more importantly....it is the right thing to do for me and as I believe for my country and its people.

Well said!  I concur completely!  :patriot:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2016, 02:14:23 pm »

--making Nazi complaints

Fascism is an economic system, controlled by the government. It is not exclusive to a German political party.

"Trumpies". Gee, that's cute compared to a lot of what I have heard. Or is this one of those trick things where there is no correct answer? I have been in those situations, and they don't usually end pleasantly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2016, 02:18:51 pm »

Don't be cute.

It's over, pal.

I won.  You lost.   

:beer:

You haven't won until Trump is sworn in as president. 

And I'm going to do whatever I can (short of voting for Hillary) to stop that from happening.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2016, 02:18:51 pm »

Don't be cute.

It's over, pal.

I won.  You lost.   

fail hockey celebration

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2016, 02:19:10 pm »
It's no longer a "GOP site" because one of the owners isn't fond of Donald Trump.  The site used to be called The GOPBRIEFING ROOM

Nobody here ever had a discussion/thread or notice given them that were were now a "conservative" site and no longer associated or affiliated with the Republican Party.

The suggestion it is not a GOP-related site appeared one evening in a thread where a #nevertrump pack was getting their a$$ handed to them.

It's bogus.   It's sour grapes.

And it's so wrong.

This is all soooooooooo wrong.

TBR has never been associated with the GOP....has always been a conservative site...when you google conservative sites we appear..it has been in our statement since the beginning.

We only used GOP in the title because The Briefing Room was already in use..we changed the title of TBR years ago when we had a new banner made

No I am not fond of Trump..but have said repeatedly I will vote the nominee...I have tried to be fair, in fact I go out of my way to be fair and let slide a lot of things that shouldn't.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I broke my own promise to myself of ever responding to you again.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2016, 02:22:35 pm »
You haven't won until Trump is sworn in as president. 

...at which point, we all lose, really.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2016, 02:23:01 pm »

Don't be cute.

It's over, pal.

I won.  You lost.   

I agree with you in part.

Trump won the nomination.  Attempts to screw with the convention rules so as to unbind delegates and give the nomination to someone else deserve to be defeated.  He won, at the ballot box, under the rules that were in place.  That should be the end of the story with respect to who is the nominee.

But respecting the fact that he won the nomination entitles him to the nomination only.  It does not obligate people who don't like him to support him, or even to refrain from opposing him.  If he wants their support, it is his responsibility to win them over.

I can't stand the guy, though I've decided to vote for him in the general.  I just don't think winning the nomination carries with it a "shut up everyone who doesn't like me" card.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2016, 02:24:04 pm »
Fascism is an economic system, controlled by the government. It is not exclusive to a German political party.

It sure as hell isn't exclusive to a German political party! In fact there is a very good argument to be made that the good ole USA is practicing it at this very moment!

"Trumpies". Gee, that's cute compared to a lot of what I have heard. Or is this one of those trick things where there is no correct answer? I have been in those situations, and they don't usually end pleasantly.

Indeed!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:24:28 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2016, 02:24:20 pm »
I can't stand the guy, though I've decided to vote for him in the general.  I just don't think winning the nomination carries with it a "shut up everyone who doesn't like me" card.

Exactly
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2016, 02:26:33 pm »
...at which point, we all lose, really.

My opinion on the "I won" Trump argument can be summed up in about a million "celebration fail" animated GIFs.  He celebrates, the country fails.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »

This is all soooooooooo wrong.

TBR has never been associated with the GOP....has always been a conservative site...when you google conservative sites we appear..it has been in our statement since the beginning.

We only used GOP in the title because The Briefing Room was already in use..we changed the title of TBR years ago when we had a new banner made

No I am not fond of Trump..but have said repeatedly I will vote the nominee...I have tried to be fair, in fact I go out of my way to be fair and let slide a lot of things that shouldn't.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I broke my own promise to myself of ever responding to you again.

He knows that already!  He just refuses to accept it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:47 pm »

Then where are Carling, and A-Lert ??

Offline musiclady

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »
Then where are Carling, and A-Lert ??

Banned for behavior.  NOT opinions.

But you knew that, didn't you?  Because what you really care about is TRUTH...............  right??

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2016, 02:46:25 pm »
I agree with you in part.

Trump won the nomination.  Attempts to screw with the convention rules so as to unbind delegates and give the nomination to someone else deserve to be defeated.  He won, at the ballot box, under the rules that were in place.  That should be the end of the story with respect to who is the nominee.

But respecting the fact that he won the nomination entitles him to the nomination only.  It does not obligate people who don't like him to support him, or even to refrain from opposing him.  If he wants their support, it is his responsibility to win them over.

Would you kindly point out the national party rule that binds delegates to any candidate? I can't seem to find it!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436428/republican-convention-delegates-not-bound-donald-trump

- J. R. R. Tolkien