Author Topic: Trump: No Palin at the convention because she is 'a long ways away'  (Read 2127 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump: No Palin at the convention because she is 'a long ways away'

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-explains-palins-absence-from-gop-convention-speakers/article/2596490#.V4e9FGvyS5s.twitter

Former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin isn't included in the official list of speakers for the Republican National Convention next week, and Donald Trump suggested in an interview that her absence is because she lives too far from the venue.

"She was asked," Trump told the Washington Examiner in a phone interview on Thursday. "It's a little bit difficult because of where she is. We love Sarah. Little bit difficult because of, you know, it's a long ways away."

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Trump: No Palin at the convention because she is 'a long ways away'
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 02:10:43 am »
Train wreck.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 02:12:47 am »

Because Palin is a vapid I:dot... and one Convention does not have room for two..I.E.... Palin/trump.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 02:14:16 am »

Because Palin is a vapid I:dot... and one Convention does not have room for two..I.E.... Palin/trump.

It's never stopped 'em before.

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 04:30:23 am »
Well, this is proof that Palin either doesn't know what an airplane is... or can't figure out how to use an airline/airport/airplane.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 04:37:03 am »
I heard the interview today where Hillary was asked to name 3 books that have influenced her.

She couldn't answer it. She will get away with this; Palin gets stones thrown at her.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 04:40:27 am »
I'm sure Hillary will likewise be called an " I:dot".

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 04:49:12 am »
I heard the interview today where Hillary was asked to name 3 books that have influenced her.

She couldn't answer it. She will get away with this; Palin gets stones thrown at her.
Aha, let's see, Palin went all in for Trump, but won't be at the convention because..............she's too far away? Ya wanna be upset that Palin is getting hammered, blame Trump for that lame A$$ reason. Even Trump should have enough imagination to say family commitments made it impossible, etc., etc.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 04:58:11 am »
Train wreck.

Train wreck taking the GOP nomination, tied or better in polls.

I say conversely the train wreck has been his detractors record to date.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 06:48:00 am »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-explains-palins-absence-from-gop-convention-speakers/article/2596490#.V4e9FGvyS5s.twitter

Former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin isn't included in the official list of speakers for the Republican National Convention next week, and Donald Trump suggested in an interview that her absence is because she lives too far from the venue.

"She was asked," Trump told the Washington Examiner in a phone interview on Thursday. "It's a little bit difficult because of where she is. We love Sarah. Little bit difficult because of, you know, it's a long ways away."

exc

Yeah, baby.  Palin was another one of Trump's bad investments but I hope she got her money (or whatever) up front.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 10:29:45 am »

exc

Uhhh,there is this new thing they have now called "airplanes."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 10:47:31 am »
Train wreck taking the GOP nomination, tied or better in polls.

I say conversely the train wreck has been his detractors record to date.

So since these seems to be the new meme from the Gang of 5...let me ask you..what exactly has Trump won so far?

His record isn't so hot in reality isn't it?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 10:47:59 am »
Train wreck.

The only train wreck we're seeing here is #nevertrump.     :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 11:03:15 am »
Well, this is proof that Palin either doesn't know what an airplane is... or can't figure out how to use an airline/airport/airplane.

Trump's explanation is complete nonsense because Palin never let distance stop her back in the early TEA Party days when she was speaking at rallies and on behalf of her "mamma grizzlies," with Beck at the 9-12 rally in DC, and campaigning for Cruz, Chambliss, McCain, etc.  Ailes also built her a TV studio next door to her house over her garage that she used for her Fox News appearances, with Todd trained on how to run the equipment.

No, I think it's safe to say that Trump has thrown her off his train now that she did some of his dirty work for him.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 11:08:17 am »
Trump's explanation is complete nonsense because Palin never let distance stop her back in the early TEA Party days when she was speaking at rallies and on behalf of her "mamma grizzlies," with Beck at the 9-12 rally in DC, and campaigning for Cruz, Chambliss, McCain, etc.  Ailes also built her a TV studio next door to her house over her garage that she used for her Fox News appearances, with Todd trained on how to run the equipment.

No, I think it's safe to say that Trump has thrown her off his train now that she did some of his dirty work for him.

If they really wanted her to speak, it could be done on location, from Alsaka.
It wouldn't be the first time someone has done that.

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 12:31:09 pm »
Airplanes can't travel to where she resides. I'm afraid they would need Space X or a demothballed a Space Shuttle to pick up Palin. 

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 12:36:37 pm »
Palin was in NYC a few weeks ago (June 29th) filming her appearance on the TV game show The Match Game.  And Palin was in Colorado for the Western Conservative Summit on July 1st.

So the excuse of “it's a long ways away” doesn’t hold water in addition to as others have said, she could do it remotely from her home TV studio.

I do not believe for one minute, that if she had been asked to speak at the convention, that she would have declined because of the distance.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 12:47:26 pm »
Airplanes can't travel to where she resides. I'm afraid they would need Space X or a demothballed a Space Shuttle to pick up Palin.
Maybe she has gone on a Twinkie binge and is now too fat to fly.

One of my favorite albums of all time.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 12:58:00 pm »
If by "long ways away", he means another planet, that would make sense.  Because she's done gone way out there. :whistle: