Author Topic: Is Mike Pence tough enough for Trump?  (Read 1727 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Mike Pence tough enough for Trump?
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:00:49 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/mike-pence-donald-trump-225456

Is Mike Pence tough enough for Trump?

The Indiana governor swore off negative campaigning in the early 1990s.

By Matthew Nussbaum

07/12/16 10:03 PM EDT

Updated 07/14/16 02:11 PM EDT

Donald Trump is looking for a running mate who can not only withstand the attacks of the Democratic machine, but one who can hit back — hard. Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, who is rumored to be on the verge of getting the job, doesn't really fit the bill.

Trump steamrolled his way through the Republican primary with strong attacks on his rivals, and has brought the same intensity to his fight against Hillary Clinton — or “Lying, Crooked Hillary,” as he calls her.

But now he is poised to be joined by Pence, who swore off negative campaign after a bruising loss in a run for Congress in 1990. Pence penned a repentant essay in 1991 titled “Confessions of a Negative Campaigner.”

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Is Mike Pence tough enough for Trump?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:13:44 pm »
Sumthin' tells me that Pence will do just fine as the Veep nominee ...

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »
Trump needed a panty waist.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:21:16 pm »
What a stupid title.

The fact that Pence has run campaigns and has been elected tells anyone that he is light-years tougher than Trump, a pampered billionaire

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:23:26 pm »

If TRUMP picks Pence I sure hope he vetted him. JMO but he is a quite RINO. Remember Reagan picked BUSH to go along and get along with the RINOGOPe at the time and the US Citizen and the Country has paid the price for the last 25 years?  ***suicide***

http://politistick.com/breaking-conservative-indiana-governor-mike-pence-endorse-ted-cruz-today/

http://conservativeamericaonline.blogspot.com/2015/04/breaking-mike-pence-betrays.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2690469/posts?page=47

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 08:28:08 pm »

Robert Costa
‏@costareports
Trump family is torn and they don't really know Pence. Open to him, like him but not all sold. Don Jr., friends say, is for Newt.

Imagine this kind of thing going on when there's an important foreign policy decision to make.

"Gotta hear from Ivanka before we send troops to Iraq."  Sheesh.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 08:36:39 pm »
"Gotta hear from Ivanka before we send troops to Iraq."  Sheesh.

It is sad and insane at the same time.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 09:04:45 pm »
I heard Pence is a big pro-lifer on the talk shows today. I don't know if that is so. That is a major consideration.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 09:05:54 pm »
Pence has a record of working with others.

I understand he has been quite adamantly pro-traditional-marriage.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 09:18:58 pm »
I heard Pence is a big pro-lifer on the talk shows today. I don't know if that is so. That is a major consideration.
It seems he is:

“Gov. Pence is devoted to protecting the unborn and their mothers. Gov. Pence’s pro-life stance is more than a talking point; Gov. Pence has put his pro-life position into action time and time again. Indiana is a better state for the unborn and their mothers because of the Governor’s pro-life leadership..."

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/07/14/mike-pence-is-a-devoted-pro-life-advocate-who-fought-abortion-time-and-time-again/
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 09:25:41 pm »
Trump wants a yes man.   Trump will easily bully him around.

Yeah, that's pretty right- But let's not overlook the good news:

*ALL* that Pence brings to the table are Conservative credz. He is recognized by TEA Party folks, and really, only TEA Party folks. Far less erudite than his fellows, too accommodating,  but recognized nonetheless (or at least was recognized).

That looks to me like Trump is having to court Conservatives -The thing in his way, that he can't overcome IS Conservatives, and Pence is the same sort of 'unity' move that Palin was for McCain't...

Not that I think it will make any difference, but the bellwether is worth noting. Especially with all those TEA Party delegates arrayed against him in Cleveland. It tells me they have far more effective power than they are being given credit for.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 09:40:34 pm »
 Topic: Is Mike Pence tough enough for Trump?

Somewhere, the Fabulous Thunderbirds are smiling.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 09:42:50 pm »
Evaluating Trump, it shows who he wants to snooker.

Right, but more importantly, who he NEEDS to snooker. All the claims of not needing Conservatives to win can be soundly put to rest - and particularly the far right with Constitutional and Christian principles. That's who Pence is supposed to be able to influence - who he is supposed to 'look good' to.

Evaluating Pence, it shows bad judgment that he would align himself with such a man.

Yep... But he is in a hard fight for his governorship, probably at the end of his career - This may well look like a hail mary pass to him. He ain't right about that, but it would explain it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:59 pm »
From a purely politically strategic viewpoint, he is caving with this move because his state rejected his endorsement and chose Trump.  He's following the power source.

YEP.

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 10:00:40 pm »
Topic: Is Mike Pence tough enough for Trump?

Somewhere, the Fabulous Thunderbirds are smiling.

Well, I see your point  ^-^ and like it!   ...but I was thinking more of the Village People singing  Macho Man!

Hey Hey Hey...I gotta be a mucho mucho, macho macho man.....