Author Topic: Trump postpones VP announcment  (Read 3404 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump postpones VP announcment
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2016, 01:17:58 pm »
Lemme see if I've got the timeline right here...

1. Dozens of Internet and broadcast journalists declare, "Insiders say it's Pence!"

2. The Donald says, "I haven't decided yet."

3. Gov. Pence says, "I accept!"

4. Terrorists kill dozens in France

5. The Donald says, "I'm gonna put off that announcement."

Have I got it right?   :pondering:

Governance by chaos.....

Yeah that't the trick. :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2016, 01:25:29 pm »
Jennifer Jacobs ‏@JenniferJJacobs  1h1 hour ago
Trump son @DonaldJTrumpJr says on Fox News VP announcement will probably come over weekend. Will gather as a family to discuss. #veepstakes

"Will gather as a family to discuss" ?? LOLOL ...  :silly:

I want to know why this family of democrats gets to pick a GOP VP choice.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2016, 02:30:02 pm »
Well, I'm going to be the contrarian here, but are we going to stop all activity here in America when something happens  somewhere in the world? 

This is nuts.

We're not stopping "all activity" -- just delaying a political speech by one day.  A VP announcement is usually an exciting, "pump up the crowd" -type event for which you want positive vibes.  Today and tonight, the media will probably be focused almost exclusively on what happened in France since most of the details didn't come out until after the evening news programs.  So, the announcement/speech would likely get lost in the shuffle anyway.

I think it's a smart move, both politically and ethically.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2016, 02:56:57 pm »
Trump has said his choice is Pence.  <--- By Twitter ?

I heard Pence had to decide if he'd run again for Governor and that the filing date was today.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:59:09 pm by guitar4jesus »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2016, 03:06:11 pm »
We're not stopping "all activity" -- just delaying a political speech by one day.  A VP announcement is usually an exciting, "pump up the crowd" -type event for which you want positive vibes.  Today and tonight, the media will probably be focused almost exclusively on what happened in France since most of the details didn't come out until after the evening news programs.  So, the announcement/speech would likely get lost in the shuffle anyway.

I think it's a smart move, both politically and ethically.

Ethically?  How do ethics enter into this? 

Maybe it's a smart political move, although it tends to make him look indecisive.  Just announce it and be done with it.

No one believes Trump is torn up about what happened in France.  A man who would ridicule a handicapped reporter is as cold as ice.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2016, 03:09:45 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/753965070003109888

The final act of the VP announcement farce... announcing via Twitter at the time you first said you would announce but then later said you wouldn't announce but would instead delay a day because of the atrocity in France.

Did the carnage in France un-happen overnight?   :shrug:

Truly the Trump Campaign is laughably inept.
Let it burn.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2016, 03:10:56 pm »
The final act of the VP announcement farce... announcing via Twitter at the time you first said you would announce but then later said you wouldn't announce but would instead delay a day because of the atrocity in France.

Did the carnage in France un-happen overnight?   :shrug:

If Pence were to run for reelection to governor, he had to file today. Business must go on. It may not be as simple as one makes it out to be.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2016, 03:14:29 pm »
Josh Barro ‏@jbarro  5m5 minutes ago
Trump needed a runningmate who knows how to flip-flop on a hot-button issue and alienate everybody to his right and left.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2016, 03:17:38 pm »

It's worse than that.  This is just another example of how, for Donald Trump, it's all about him. 

He just couldn't stand it, all those dead Frenchies getting between him and the cameras.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2016, 03:32:26 pm »

(Quickly stole the image off google, so ignore the "a" vs "an")
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:33:05 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2016, 03:44:53 pm »
It's worse than that.  This is just another example of how, for Donald Trump, it's all about him. 

He just couldn't stand it, all those dead Frenchies getting between him and the cameras.

Trump leaves the GOP with zero ground game and begging for money from Sheldon Adelson.

Usually a candidate brings a whole machine with him to make up the bulk of the national campaign apparatus. They bring hundreds of volunteers for many states who work on the presidential campaign and usually help some with downticket campaigns. I don't even know if Trump has volunteers but he does have a handful of high paid yes men who are only interested in praising the boss while angering the folks.

He's going to cost us a lot of seats and seems quite pleased to tell us. Says he's going to swamp the supreme court with conservatives then turns around and says he doesn't care if he loses the senate.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2016, 04:05:55 pm »
Trump leaves the GOP with zero ground game and begging for money from Sheldon Adelson.

Usually a candidate brings a whole machine with him to make up the bulk of the national campaign apparatus. They bring hundreds of volunteers for many states who work on the presidential campaign and usually help some with downticket campaigns. I don't even know if Trump has volunteers but he does have a handful of high paid yes men who are only interested in praising the boss while angering the folks.

He's going to cost us a lot of seats and seems quite pleased to tell us. Says he's going to swamp the supreme court with conservatives then turns around and says he doesn't care if he loses the senate.

Hey, but he is going to make great deals for America. IMO the focus of those great deals will be Trump Enterprises and if by accident America benefits, then so be it.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2016, 05:41:10 pm »

Good question.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2016, 04:48:48 am »

The Kennedy effect.

Many true blue Trump supporters have fond memories of the early 60"s. ..