Author Topic: Now Trump Lied About Rev. Franklin Graham Speaking?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Now Trump Lied About Rev. Franklin Graham Speaking?
« on: July 15, 2016, 12:33:41 pm »
First Donald Trump announced that Tim Tebow would be speaking at the Republican National Convention next week and that turned out to be a blatant lie.

And now, the bloviating billionaire and reality TV actor, a lifelong New York liberal, has been caught lying about Reverend Franklin Graham speaking at the GOP convention?

It certainly looks so.

The Washington Examiner reported about Trump bragging about Franklin Graham’s supposed speaking slot (emphasis added):...

http://politistick.com/now-trump-lied-rev-franklin-graham/

Offline Mom MD

Re: Now Trump Lied About Rev. Franklin Graham Speaking?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:35:39 pm »
The wheels are coming off faster and faster.  If it wasn't going to result in a Hilary white house, watching the disaster in Cleveland would almost be fun.
God is still in control

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 12:38:35 pm »
Trump lies when the truth will do.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:41:27 pm »
Trump lies when the truth will do.
How Clintonesque. I noticed they do it too.

Birds of a feather and all that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RedHead

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 12:55:33 pm »
Trump honestly does not know the difference between the truth and a lie. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 01:20:56 pm »

But look! The vast majority of those wheels are for going down the road!
They don't need that other wheel, they can do just fine without it!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 01:28:14 pm »
First Tebow, and now Graham—who, if ANYONE had paid attention, would have known he wouldn't speak at a party convention because he has a policy of non-endorsement. He may offer to lead an invocation, but he doesn't do political speeches, directly at least.

Anyway…my point is this: if this is the list of convention speakers, and the people on it deny they were ever part of it, what does that say about "his" list of supposed Supreme Court justice frontrunners?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 01:36:01 pm »
Speaker lists to many functions I have been to frequently get changed and revised. It is annoying.

The thing about Trump is, he seems to have a habit of announcing a plan before all the details are confirmed. This is like starting to build your house before the foundation concrete has dried set. You might get away with it, but if you don't, it makes you look very foolish.

I am getting a little tired of the "Lied" word in every headline about Trump. Changing a speaker isn't 'lying', it is a normal part of any event. These anti-Trump fanatics really need to get a grip. Get a life.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:37:38 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 01:51:40 pm »

The thing about Trump is, he seems to have a habit of announcing a plan before all the details are confirmed. This is like starting to build your house before the foundation concrete has dried set. You might get away with it, but if you don't, it makes you look very foolish.

I am getting a little tired of the "Lied" word in every headline about Trump. Changing a speaker isn't 'lying', it is a normal part of any event. These anti-Trump fanatics really need to get a grip. Get a life.
After months of supporting that Ted Cruz fellow (gee, what was his first name again, "lyin'"?), calling the Orange Glorious a "liar" isn't going to go away. He has earned the appellation, and it will get worse as the veil is drawn back. If you don't like that particular crack, blame it on the foundation settling.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:52:32 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 06:12:26 pm »
Speaker lists to many functions I have been to frequently get changed and revised. It is annoying.

I’ve worked on some conventions and high profile speaking events; not big national conventions of the size of the GOP convention mind you but not tiny affairs either.

Yes, things do sometimes change at the last minute but not as a matter of routine.

All I can say is that changing the speakers list (if they were changes and not miss-reporting) has to be a nightmare for the organization staff and the AV folks.   I don’t know if the GOP convention prints “programs” but it would be difficult to wait to the last minute to get them printed.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 06:26:46 pm »

It's not merely a change to the list if the original speaker never agreed to speaking for Trump and they are on the list.  The lie part comes in because when you post such a list, the people on the list know they are going to be speaking and it would only be a change if they had agreed to speak, but Trump decided to let someone else speak.  Even if it's not an outright lie, it sure is ridiculous and disengenious to publish a list of people you want to speak for you without making sure they agree to speak for you.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

geronl

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 06:38:18 pm »
what does that say about "his" list of supposed Supreme Court justice frontrunners?

He walked that back a day later and said his eventual pick probably wasn't on that list.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 06:56:21 pm »

@240B

He made a claim without. apparently, talking to the people involved.  If not a lie, it was at least misleading. 

You're seeming to say that he claimed to have Tim Tebow and Franklin Graham speaking for him..."but just hadn't checked it yet".

He could have claimed to have the Pope endorsing him..."but just hadn't checked it yet".

Or that the Blue Angels were planning to do an airshow in his honor..."but just hadn't checked it yet".

Or, heck, that Hillary Clinton was giving up her run and endorsing him..."but he just hadn't checked it yet".

Etc.

In other words, we can't believe what he says, because he gives bad information.   

How much better is that than just saying "he lies"? 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:56:55 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 07:40:28 pm »
He walked that back a day later and said his eventual pick probably wasn't on that list.
Exactly.

And yet the Trump caucus still thinks he'll appoint a worthy Scalia successor to keep the court in balance.

Everything he says is meaningless, a ploy to get elected—and he will crush any effort to get in his way. That is the making of a tyrant.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 07:44:13 pm »
apparently the list of speakers was a suggested list.

Remember that in 2012, we all knew the real speakers 3 weeks before the convention

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 09:18:55 pm »

I am getting a little tired of the "Lied" word in every headline about Trump.
Gosh, kind of like the way Ornery Orange did to Cruz? But I guess that was OK. I know, Trump never lies he just.............exaggerates, implies, speaks in hyperbole,bloviates, yeah that's the ticket, Trump is the king of bloviation.

HonestJohn

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 04:18:06 am »
I'm just tired of Trump... and him lying.