Author Topic: The Millennial’s Guide to Newt Gingrich  (Read 464 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Millennial’s Guide to Newt Gingrich
« on: July 14, 2016, 01:34:50 pm »
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/07/2016-newt-gingrich-scandals-accomplishments-veepstakes-running-mate-trump-gop-republican-214050

The Millennial’s Guide to Newt Gingrich

Who is Newt Gingrich, and why do people get so worked up about him? Here’s your primer.

By Julia Ioffe

July 14, 2016

If you’re of a certain age, there’s not much you know about Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the House. You might remember his failed 2012 presidential campaign, in which he briefly led the GOP field, and during which he declared, “By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon and it will be American.” If you’re a little bit older, like me, you might remember that he was the man who shut down the government back sometime around the blizzard of 1996. And today, you likely know him mostly as the gadfly circling the yellow-orange head of the presumptive Republican nominee, constantly telling the media that he, the eternally humble public servant, would not say no if called on to be Trump’s running mate. “If Trump offers the position and is serious about it, which I think he would be after our conversations, listen, I would feel compelled to serve the country," Gingrich has said. Others say that, behind the scenes, Gingrich is not so phlegmatic: he has been actively lobbying to get Trump’s VP slot. On Tuesday, Trump told the Times that Gingrich was on his short list (and that he was “excellent”) and Fox News suspended its contract with Gingrich as a commentator in anticipation of such a nomination. By Wednesday, there was word that he was in a plane with Sean Hannity on his way to meet Trump—whatever that means.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: The Millennial’s Guide to Newt Gingrich
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 01:40:25 pm »
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:40:53 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 01:51:06 pm »
I suppose it's possible that Trump wants a running mate even more unpopular than he is.  Or he may think that Newt has come back from his position as the most unpopular politician in the Country a few years ago.  Or Trump may think Georgia is a swing state... :pondering:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 02:32:13 pm »
I suppose it's possible that Trump wants a running mate even more unpopular than he is.  Or he may think that Newt has come back from his position as the most unpopular politician in the Country a few years ago.  Or Trump may think Georgia is a swing state... :pondering:

I don't see why Georgians would be more inclined to vote for the ticket with Nootie

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 02:38:48 pm »

geronl

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 02:51:23 pm »
Oh goodie....  **nononono*   Now we get to hear "Wither on the Vine" another million times....  8888crybaby

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 03:25:43 pm »
I don't see why Georgians would be more inclined to vote for the ticket with Nootie

It was sarcasm.  Georgia is obviously not a swing state.  If Trump can't take Georgia, it could be a 50 state sweep for Hillary.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!