Author Topic: George W. Bush appears to dance at Dallas shooting memorial  (Read 2902 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Not quite newsworthy and maybe this is being overly critical.

See the video; I think President Bush acted a little bit too lively and animated, dancing? Not really. I don't think this was appropriate for the occasion.

George W. Bush appears to dance at Dallas shooting memorial

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1308219/George-W-Bush-appears-dance-Dallas-shooting-memorial.html

'Even Biden knows better!': George W. Bush is mocked for DANCING to Battle Hymn of the Republic during solemn memorial service for Dallas cops

Former President George W Bush has been mocked on social media for dancing along to the Battle Hymn of the Republic during a memorial service for the five police officers killed in Dallas last week.

As he held hands with his wife, Laura, and first lady Michelle Obama, Bush could be seen swaying and swinging his arms while the choir sang the American Civil War-era song.

At one point, Michelle leaned in to whisper something into his ear as Barack looked over with a smile during the service at the Morton H Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3687798/George-W-Bush-mocked-started-DANCING-Battle-Hymn-Republic-solemn-memorial-service-Dallas-cops-Michelle-laugh.html

geronl

Re: George W. Bush appears to dance at Dallas shooting memorial
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:06:01 pm »
from the quote I have to say this sounds like nothing.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 09:14:27 pm »
Maybe he is drinking again?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 09:18:15 pm »
I voted for Bush for President 2 times; so, I've been a loyal soldier. Again, I'd say perhaps parts of that look inappropriate but let's remember context. Maybe he was somber until this moment of the service. I don't agree with the detracting comments on that page; perhaps anyone should skip over them and just watch the video.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 09:18:42 pm »
Maybe he is drinking again?

Maybe you are.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 09:20:22 pm »
Not quite newsworthy and maybe this is being overly critical.

See the video; I think President Bush acted a little bit too lively and animated, dancing? Not really. I don't think this was appropriate for the occasion.

How silly.  It's an uplifting song and he was reacting to it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 09:29:56 pm »
How silly.  It's an uplifting song and he was reacting to it.

Thanks; a lot of people don't see it that way.  I guess all of their views are silly too.

The Daily Mail also reported on President Bush's somber profound speech as well, another article at that website.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »
Really silly, one person up there is acting in this manner.

Offline Resp3

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 09:45:07 pm »
As he held hands with his wife, Laura, and first lady Michelle Obama, Bush could be seen swaying and swinging his arms while the choir sang the American Civil War-era song.

Dance all you want to. Go to twerking if you feel like it. But holding hands with Mobama? Why not? This is the same guy who used to hang out (and still does) with Slick Willie

But slumming with creeps is prevalent in the GOP. Just look at Ted Cruz and his glomming a free ride on AF1.

(Wait. Did I just hijack this thread?) lol

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 10:02:08 pm »
This is serious biddness.  Bush Dancing.  Get a rope.  Find a Tree.  Lets have a neck stretching party...!

geronl

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 10:13:25 pm »
Dance all you want to. Go to twerking if you feel like it. But holding hands with Mobama? Why not? This is the same guy who used to hang out (and still does) with Slick Willie

But slumming with creeps is prevalent in the GOP. Just look at Ted Cruz and his glomming a free ride on AF1.

The Clinton's and Trump are best of friends, they even visit pedophile island together... friends that do kids together, stay together

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 11:14:55 pm »

(Wait. Did I just hijack this thread?) lol

Yes. And you showed you must be a lot of fun at parties.  Do you ask a person's political preference before shaking hands? 

How silly your post is.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 11:15:55 pm »
Thanks; a lot of people don't see it that way.  I guess all of their views are silly too.

The Daily Mail also reported on President Bush's somber profound speech as well, another article at that website.

Yes they are silly. Can't stand somebody enjoying an uplifting patriotic song.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 11:19:54 pm »
I dunno. I'm not one to criticize Bush too quickly, but he does look a little to lively for the occasion.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

geronl

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 12:20:29 am »
They care about something trivial like this, yet pay no attention to his speech...