Author Topic: 5 Reasons You'll Avoid the new 'Ghostbusters' Reboot  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: 5 Reasons You'll Avoid the new 'Ghostbusters' Reboot
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 05:57:10 pm »
I think Olympic Women's Hockey is a bit interesting. I'm not sure why.
Do they have their teeth?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 06:04:37 pm »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 06:54:00 pm »
To be honest I didn't much like the original Ghostbusters movies, and I'm a huge Bill Murray fan. The second was a little more interesting than the first, but not something I'd want to see again.
But really irks me is the trend today to place females in roles originated by males, and everybody is supposed to fall in line praising the women actors......none of whom I've ever heard of.
  Sorry, I won't see the movie, (I see very few modern movies anyway), and I certainly won't see something cooked up by the prevailing liberal p.c. SJWs.  What's next...they'll remake all the old war movies and give females the starring roles?  We'll see D-day movies with women soliders jumping out of Higgins boats?
It's like all the comic book characters as well being remade into either feminist or homosexual characters. Thor is a woman? The Green Lantern is  a homo?  Who does these sorts of things? Out of control liberal maniacs that's who.

I am so glad I met someone else who didn't care for the original movie. Everyone I know loved it, I just said "meh"

Now Bill Murray in "Stripes" is. Favorite.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 08:05:52 pm »
I am so glad I met someone else who didn't care for the original movie. Everyone I know loved it, I just said "meh"

Boomshackalackalacka BoomShackalackalacka Boomshackalackalacka Boom! Great, fun, movie!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 09:07:05 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2016, 09:59:51 pm »

Yes...that was a very funny movie.