Author Topic: Donald Trump declines invitation to address NAACP  (Read 6524 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Donald Trump declines invitation to address NAACP
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2016, 01:27:33 am »
Google is your friend:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/16/donald-trump-changed-political-parties-at-least-fi/

The issue was your lie he was a democrat up until 2 years ago and you just proved yourself wrong. I was right.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2016, 01:33:47 am »
Yep! ...good move on his part...that ought to send some signals!

It does send signals to Trump's alt-right  and 8 chan supporters.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2016, 01:46:21 am »
Don't push your "Trump is a Nazi" bullshit on me. Reagan announced his 1980 campaign from Mississippi, an obvious turn  to acknowledge his interest in gaining the traditional Southern votes, who as you and I both know held certain views.

He got criticized by "white guilt" liberal folks like you then, too. And he went on to win their votes, and the election. It was a repeat of Nixon and his Southern Strategy with which he won, twice.

People with words and ideas like you are phony conservatives, espousing mostly liberal positions.

You are calling veterans Nixon, Reagan and truth_seeker "phony Americans."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan%27s_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22states%27_rights%22_speech

I don't support a guy that tells the world that a man, born in the United States of America - to American parents... is a Mexican.  I don't support that, either.

Herr Drumpf does and by extension, so do his supporters.

Citizenship by blood is, by it's very nature, antithetical to the very concept of America.

So...

---

Furthermore, the "traditional Southern voter" (ie: the Klan and their supporters) left the Democrat party in the 1960s over their push for civil rights.  It was Nixon's "Southern strategy" that brought them into the GOP.

So, that kinda reinforces the notion that Herr Drumpf and his sycophants aren't pushing American values, but purely bigotry.

You might want to take a look at yourself in the mirror and ask whether you'd tolerate your own behavior coming from, lets say, a Hispanic.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:51:33 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2016, 08:25:09 am »
Furthermore, the "traditional Southern voter" (ie: the Klan and their supporters) left the Democrat party in the 1960s over their push for civil rights.  It was Nixon's "Southern strategy" that brought them into the GOP.

I am so sick of hearing this.  Nixon won a grand total of five Southern states - Virginia, the Carolinas, Tennessee, and Florida.  Texas would not get it's first Republican governor in over a century until 1979.  Alabama in 1989.  Mississippi in 1992.  Georgia in 2003.  It is pure Democrat propaganda that all the Southern racists joined the GOP.  The entire Dixiecrat movement of the 1950's was welcomed back into the Democrat Party with open arms before Kennedy was elected. 

Kennedy himself as a US Senator refused to vote for the Republican Civil Rights Act of 1957.  It was Republican Everett Dirksen who was able to overcome a Democrat filibuster and get the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed.  The next year, President Johnson would ask Dirksen to write the Voting Rights Act.

From abolition to anti-lynching legislation in the 1930 to the civil rights acts of the 50s and 60s, Republicans led the charge while Democrats opposed.  So ask yourself, with a century long record in support of civil rights, why in the hell would racist Democrats join the Republican Party?  The answer is they wouldn't.  Which is why that whole generation had to die out before Georgia would get a Republican governor.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2016, 09:31:09 am »
It was Nixon's "Southern strategy" that brought them into the GOP.

Only one Dixiecrat...southern Democrat crossed over because of Nixon and this myth of the Southern Strategy.

Strom Thurman.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2016, 10:27:43 am »
Show me a 10 year period in American history where the tariffs and protectionist policies he's proposing have resulted in economic growth for the country. 

Go ahead...I'll wait while you research it.

You DO realize Trump Bernie and Hillary source data almost identical in their trade proposals right?

Trump admitted his position on trade deals were similar but, that Bill and Hillary supported bad agreements that he would rework. The thrests of tariffs sre simply leverage for making this happen.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2016, 10:51:43 am »
It is a mistake.. Trump is running for President to represent all Americans.. Not just President of certain groups.
What makes you think Trump believes that?

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2016, 11:45:26 am »
What makes you think Trump believes that?
What makes you think he doesn't. His family has spread the same message. None of them are wanting for anything.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2016, 12:18:56 pm »
Ditto.  However in this case, Trump doesn't know how to argue for Conservative principles.

Which is probably why he should decline. Besides, even if he could, it wouldn't matter to the NAACP. They're already committed to vote for the Democratic nominee regardless who it is
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2016, 12:23:28 pm »
Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Then why aren't you celebrating it instead of criticizing him?

Encourage him, @Hoodat ....to torpedo his candidacy.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2016, 12:32:36 pm »
It is a mistake.. Trump is running for President to represent all Americans.. Not just President of certain groups.

LOL!

What do you think would happen should Trump go and speak to them?

Do you think BLM would charge the stage?   As they did with Bernie Sanders...grabbing his microphone, etc..?

He should call for the disbanding of the NAACP, based upon their horrendous record, as evidenced by the plight of today's African-Americans.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RedHead

« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2016, 12:40:59 pm »
What makes you think he doesn't. His family has spread the same message. None of them are wanting for anything.

Trump has spread his own message as well concerning blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, etc.  Not at all inclusive.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2016, 08:37:48 pm »
Trump has spread his own message as well concerning blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, etc.  Not at all inclusive.
You mean Thugs, illegals and radical Islamists? That what you mean by inclusive?

HonestJohn

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2016, 09:22:47 pm »
You mean Thugs, illegals and radical Islamists? That what you mean by inclusive?

You make her point perfectly.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2016, 09:32:52 pm »
You make her point perfectly.

Since when do so-call Conservative worry about criminals being included?

HonestJohn

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2016, 09:40:00 pm »
Since when do so-call Conservative worry about criminals being included?

The OP talked about "blacks, Hispanics, Muslims".

And you refer to that as "criminals".

Like I said, you are the perfect example of the problem.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2016, 10:15:38 pm »

Pretty much since that's what Trump believes.  All blacks are thugs.  All Hispanics are drug dealers and rapists.  All Muslims are terrorists.  And yet he has somehow convinced himself he's a uniter and not a divider.  Go figure.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2016, 01:33:51 am »
Pretty much since that's what Trump believes.  All blacks are thugs.  All Hispanics are drug dealers and rapists.  All Muslims are terrorists.  And yet he has somehow convinced himself he's a uniter and not a divider.  Go figure.

I don't think Trump himself believes that at all.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2016, 01:51:31 am »

Trump ....... ..things that make one go Hmmmnnn 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiUdtxe2YnU
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2016, 02:00:55 am »

I agree and also note that he has never said such a thing.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2016, 02:04:02 am »
If Trump is going to position himself as the fearless tough guy he can't run from these kinds of challenges.

Cruz would have relished the opportunity.    Trump needs to take on the Obama/BLM divisive racist nonsense forcefully and courageously.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:05:14 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2016, 02:15:50 am »
If Trump is going to position himself as the fearless tough guy he can't run from these kinds of challenges.

Cruz would have relished the opportunity.    Trump needs to take on the Obama/BLM divisive racist nonsense forcefully and courageously.

Trump can position himself anyway he wants to. It doesn't require courage because he has nothing to lose and he knows it. He is risking nothing. If he doesn't succeed, he can go back to doing what was doing and still retain his wealth.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:17:19 am by Machiavelli »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2016, 02:24:10 am »
Trump can position himself anyway he wants to. It doesn't require courage because he has nothing to lose and he knows it. He is risking nothing. If he doesn't succeed, he can go back to doing what was doing and still retain his wealth.

A couple weeks back, I think I heard some true word from Trump.

He was asked about his business and running for Pres. And he said it was not good..(macys anyone). Trump spoke about how being a politician meant 50% loved you..and 50% hated you... and it cost business..bottom line.

So, this was the first 'honesty" I have seen from the man.

Take it for what you will.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2016, 02:12:41 pm »

Of course he doesn't. Just more made up fantasy by the pro-Hillary contingent.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2016, 02:51:21 pm »
Of course he doesn't. Just more made up fantasy by the pro-Hillary contingent.

If you're a Trump critic, you're pro-Hillary?