Author Topic: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg intensifies criticism of Trump: 'He is a faker'  (Read 576 times)

Offline Vulcan

Washington (CNN)Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's well-known candor was on display in her chambers late Monday, when she declined to retreat from her earlier criticism of Donald Trump and even elaborated on it.

"He is a faker," she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that."

More here

Offline montanajoe

I think its evident  the Justice plans to announce her retirement as soon as Hilliary is inaugurated. I heard her speak at legal conference a few years ago and she was fairly careful to remain apolitical so this is a change for her in my view, indicating both she will retire and she is confident Hilliary will appoint her successor.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:16:22 am by montanajoe »

Offline Cowboyway

Washington (CNN)Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's well-known candor was on display in her chambers late Monday, when she declined to retreat from her earlier criticism of Donald Trump and even elaborated on it.

"He is a faker," she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that."

More here

You have to agree with her on that, but, then again, everybody already knows this.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CNN

URL: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-donald-trump-faker/

By Joan Biskupic

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's well-known candor was on display in her chambers late Monday, when she declined to retreat from her earlier criticism of Donald Trump and even elaborated on it.

Ginsburg's comments came in a previously scheduled interview related to my research for a book on Chief Justice John Roberts. I took a detour to raise the reverberations from her criticism of Trump to The Associated Press and New York Times in recent interviews. "I can't imagine what this place would be -- I can't imagine what the country would be -- with Donald Trump as our president," she had said in the Times interview published Monday.

Trump responded Wednesday morning by calling on Ginsburg to resign.

"Justice Ginsburg of the U.S. Supreme Court has embarrassed all by making very dumb political statements about me. Her mind is shot - resign!" Trump tweeted.

It is highly unusual for a justice to make such politically charged remarks, and some critics said she crossed the line. House Speaker Paul Ryan told CNN's Jake Tapper on Tuesday night the comments were "out of place."

"For someone on the Supreme Court who is going to be calling balls and strikes in the future based upon whatever the next president and Congress does, that strikes me as inherently biased and out of the realm."

CLICK THE ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:48:27 am by SirLinksALot »

Offline Just_Victor

A shouting match between Ginsburg and Trump reminds me of two voice activated Furbys triggering each other's auto response.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Keep it up, Ginny baby.  You are handing Trump the election.

Offline r9etb

Incredibly inappropriate behavior for a Supreme Court Justice.