Author Topic: Mike Lee, tea party senator, may help decide Trump’s fate at convention  (Read 7954 times)

Offline Fantom

Watch and see.

Right... Scam Wowo lied early and often.... many fell for trump lies. Including evangelicals.

Today is not the day trump sold those lies.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What line... a Board moderated by fairness?

...as in 'Fairness Doctrine' kind of "fairness"?

A poster who continuously refutes untrue assertions made in dozens of threads of the months he's been here, by using FACTS.

A determined poster with a spine and the confidence to refute said assertions in multiple threads, many times taking on a half-dozen adversarial challenges at the same time.

Of course, he's going to be repetitive.   And certainly to MODS...."boring".

And since virtually the entire MOD staff don't particularly care for Donald Trump, it's easy to adopt a perception that @Mechanicos is a 'troll' of sorts.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

He's the forum's 'Bob Woodward'.

We all should be glad he's here....if truth is the goal.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

A poster who continuously refutes untrue assertions made in dozens of threads of the months he's been here, by using FACTS.

A determined poster with a spine and the confidence to refute said assertions in multiple threads, many times taking on a half-dozen adversarial challenges at the same time.

And since virtually the entire MOD staff don't particularly care for Donald Trump, it's easy to adopt a perception that @Mechanicos is a 'troll' of sorts.

Oh for God's sake!  The poster you named rarely backs his assertions with facts and "Bob Woodward" is the most ignored poster on this forum.

I'll just leave it at that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

Oh for God's sake!  The poster you named rarely backs his assertions with facts and "Bob Woodward" is the most ignored poster on this forum.

I'll just leave it at that.

I've seen him shoot down lies about Trump almost on a daily basis.   He goes more than one level deep.  He knows his sources.

He's a first class debater and like most of us, responds in a manner of how he's being addressed.

Yeah, and he's not one to back down.  No matter where you find him, somebody's getting into his sh*t.

So it comes across that he's a nuisance.

He's not.  He's a treasure.  Even if it's in the form of a Jack Russell terrier.

And when this 'war' is over, he should...if even begrudgingly...hopefully get the respect he deserves.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

I've seen him shoot down lies about Trump almost on a daily basis.   He goes more than one level deep.  He knows his sources.

He's a first class debater and like most of us, responds in a manner of how he's being addressed.

Yeah, and he's not one to back down.  No matter where you find him, somebody's getting into his sh*t.

So it comes across that he's a nuisance.

He's not.  He's a treasure.  Even if it's in the form of a Jack Russell terrier.

And when this 'war' is over, he should...if even begrudgingly...hopefully get the respect he deserves.

He'll still be on ignore for most posters here a year from now, no matter what happens to Trump. It's just how he is.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Once I got the inside scoop, about which member was on the most "ignore" lists. Wanna know who, or do you already know ??

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

Lol ... DC.  If only I knew who the heck 'Bob Woodward' is.  As far as Mechanic ... yep ... as long as I keep him on 'ignore' I'm good. That is not mean in any way as an insult to the guy, I just don't see eye-to-eye with his "factoids".
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

I'll take "Who is Vanna White" for $200.00, Alex.

Offline musiclady

Besides which, these dopes who keep calling people 10 times more conservative than they are, "Hillary Supporters" are just plain stupid......

Life is much better if we don't have to read their stupidity......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RetBobbyMI

You say you don't want Hillary elected....so quit helping her to do so! The ONLY way to stop her from being president is for her to lose to the GOP nominee. There IS no other way to prevent her being president. So if you really want to prevent that, the only thing you can do is back Mr Trump. Every other action or inaction puts Hillary in the presidency. It's that simple.

So you are saying that Trump is the Savior of the GOP from another trouncing loss at the hands of another liberal?

I don't think he has the gumption or tenacity to out dual the clinton machine.  I may be wrong as the latest polls in battleground states have it a toss up.  BUT, in either case, he doesn't solve the problem of a government too big, a government that fails to follow the constitution and foundational conservative principles.  He is just another liberal wearing an elephant suit made in China.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Mesaclone

So you are saying that Trump is the Savior of the GOP from another trouncing loss at the hands of another liberal?

I don't think he has the gumption or tenacity to out dual the clinton machine.  I may be wrong as the latest polls in battleground states have it a toss up.  BUT, in either case, he doesn't solve the problem of a government too big, a government that fails to follow the constitution and foundational conservative principles.  He is just another liberal wearing an elephant suit made in China.

No doubt he won't solve every problem. But he will build a wall and he will slow the tide of immigration. He will also appoint conservative SCJ's, strengthen the military, go hard after ISIS, and will bring manufacturing jobs back by supporting coal and energy production (and fixing some really poor trade deals).

Hillary, on all of those issues, will do the opposite. And then some. So let's not make the perfect the enemy of the good....or at least better.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline R4 TrumPence

First of all, unless you consider yourself one of the Gang of 5ish here I don't see where I said word one about you personally.

Second of all, when you have these liberals running around using Alynski tactics to smear US for opposing Trump by lying through their teeth and calling us 'HILLARY SUPPORTERS', I think you are a but confused on who needs to clean things up. Because they may as well be calling us pedophiles, rapists, murders or something of the Clinton caliber.

Lastly, as an owner, you can either make THEM clean it up or you can ban those of us defending ourselves from their smears. Either way works fine. But don't expect us to sit here and take their crap.
Stop the personal attacks PERIOD!
If you do it again you will get a 3 day vacation!!!! And I am being kind!!!!!!!!!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well, yeah... as you said:  He'll still be on ignore for most posters here a year from now, no matter what happens to Trump. It's just how he is."

I don't really approve of putting people on ignore and therefore I read many inane posts.

However, I've made an exception for Mechanicos.  He automatically posts to refute anything negative said about Trump and I never saw much in the way of backing up his charges. PLus, he posts relentlessly and constantly and is just plain annoying.

He's on here all the time except when he's on TOS.  Doesn't anybody work?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RetBobbyMI

No doubt he won't solve every problem. But he will build a wall and he will slow the tide of immigration. He will also appoint conservative SCJ's, strengthen the military, go hard after ISIS, and will bring manufacturing jobs back by supporting coal and energy production (and fixing some really poor trade deals).

Hillary, on all of those issues, will do the opposite. And then some. So let's not make the perfect the enemy of the good....or at least better.
The lesser of two evils does not make him the best choice for conservative values.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online DCPatriot

The lesser of two evils does not make him the best choice for conservative values.

No.   But it sure as hell does make him the best choice if you're trying to save the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 10th Amendments.  For a start.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:51:41 am by DCPatriot »

Offline RetBobbyMI

No.   But it sure as hell does make him the best choice if you're trying to save the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 10th Amendments.  For a start.
Nonsense. A president has absolutely no say so on exiting language of the constitution including amendments. Now certainly, as part of his duties to execute the laws and defend the constitution, he can veto legislation passed by congress he feels violates the constitution. But save? He has no such powers.

Online DCPatriot

Nonsense. A president has absolutely no say so on exiting language of the constitution including amendments. Now certainly, as part of his duties to execute the laws and defend the constitution, he can veto legislation passed by congress he feels violates the constitution. But save? He has no such powers.

WTH is wrong with everybody?   Is there something in your water?

Hillary Clinton, with her own personally selected SCOTUS majority makeup will shred the aforementioned Amendments.

Do you even understand the English language?

Offline Mechanicos

Yes he does. Its called Judge picks.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:08:26 pm by Mechanicos »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Really?

What has he said or done so far on the campaign trail to lend credence to your claim?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Hillary Clinton, with her own personally selected SCOTUS majority makeup will shred the aforementioned Amendments.

Do you not understand reality?

Trump has said that he doesn't care if the Congress stays in GOP hands or not.

The reality of that is that he doesn't care if Pelosi and Schumer oppose and outright block every single puff ball false promise you all have bought into.

What about that do you not understand?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Mechanicos

Really?

What has he said or done so far on the campaign trail to lend credence to your claim?
His judges list at minimum.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

Do you not understand reality?

Trump has said that he doesn't care if the Congress stays in GOP hands or not.

The reality of that is that he doesn't care if Pelosi and Schumer oppose and outright block every single puff ball false promise you all have bought into.

What about that do you not understand?
Lets put that lie to bed now. He said he hopes it does not change but will not mind if it does. Now you say that's not caring. Real world is the Senate has shown it acts no different no matter which party is running it. This GOP senate has rubber stamped and bent over for Democrats since we elected them. So how would it make a difference based on this Senate's actions?

Online DCPatriot

Lets put that lie to bed now. He said he hopes it does not change but will not mind if it does. Now you say that's not caring. Real world is the Senate has shown it acts no different no matter which party is running it. This GOP senate has rubber stamped and bent over for Democrats since we elected them. So how would it make a difference based on this Senate's actions?

And THAT'S the "reality" we're looking at.

@txradioguy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And THAT'S the "reality" we're looking at.

@txradioguy

What has Trump said or done to indicate to you that it won't be business as usual?  The GOPe led by McConnell has said Trump is a guy they can work with and Trump has bragged in the past that they've all come running to him.  Nothing is going to change on Capitol Hill if Trump is elected.

That's the reality of the situation we face.

Again I will ask and maybe you can give me an answer...what has Trump affirmatively done to make people...especially Conservatives want to vote for him?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:22:07 pm by txradioguy »

Offline sinkspur

Since Trump said yesterday that he can be a free agent if the GOP doesn't hold the Senate (implying he doesn't really care if the GOP keeps the upper chamber), the Supreme Court argument for Trump goes out the window.