Author Topic: Fox News Suspends Agreement With Newt Gingrich, Further Stoking VP Buzz  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Victoria33

Newt was.. His time in the sun is over.. 20 years ago yes, but in theory we should go with new people.. Not old farts like Newt.

Hmm, are you saying let's kill old people because they are no good anymore?   :nono:    I am 83 and could likely think circles around you.   :bighug:
@CatherineofAragon

geronl

Hmm, are you saying let's kill old people because they are no good anymore?   :nono:    I am 83 and could likely think circles around you.   :bighug:
@CatherineofAragon

I doubt anyone said anything like that.

Offline r9etb

How so?

Newt may be older, but he understands the issues. He is articulate. He is willing to be confrontational. He was speaker when the Pubs actually did most of what they promised to do.

I won't vote for Trump, but Newt doesn't seem so bad.

Newt was highly unpopular even at his best -- you'll recall how he was the poster child for Bill Clinton's reelection campaign; and that was before he became widely known as a three-timing sleazebag.  And, unlike Trump, he has a record that will be twisted by the media in ways that will be much to Hillary Clinton's advantage.

It's not likely that the general electorate will somehow find he's grown better with age.  At best, he'd seem better than Trump.

geronl

It's not likely that the general electorate will somehow find he's grown better with age.  At best, he'd seem better than Trump.

Which Trump will not be able to handle.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Trump/Gingrich 2016

Make the Moon
Great Again
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Is this to what you reference @jmyrlefuller ?

That’s what candidate Gingrich said today.

“By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon and it will be American.”

1-25-12
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Wingnut

Not saying Newt will be the pick... but for Crying out loud, are these the best the GOP can cough up?   What you have here are two fat old white guys whose best days are so far behind them that they marry women their childrens ages in order to remember the good old days.  Those days in the distant past when all the parts worked and they felt good.  Now they are only as good as the women they feel.

Offline sinkspur

It will be Newt.  Trump needs somebody to defend him, since all he has now is Katrina Pierson and Scottie Nell Hughes, and they're both dingbats. 

Newt has a way with words, but he'll have to own everything Trump says and does.  And that's going to test his skill at justifying the unjustifiable. 

My problem with him is he's thrown all his previous beliefs overboard.  Running huge deficits, raising taxes on the poorest Americans, favoring certain businesses over others, cowering in the corner while Iran runs roughshod over the Middle East.

No, Newt's a sellout and I guess he's decided he'll go down in flames with Trump in November.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Not saying Newt will be the pick... but for Crying out loud, are these the best the GOP can cough up?   What you have here are two fat old white guys whose best days are so far behind them that they marry women their childrens ages in order to remember the good old days.  Those days in the distant past when all the parts worked and they felt good.  Now they are only as good as the women they feel.

"Not saying Newt will be the pick... but for Crying out loud, are these the best the GOP can cough up?   What you have here are two fat old white guys whose best days are"

Wrong orifice.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
At the cost of repelling pretty much everybody else.   IMO, Newt Gingrich is electoral poison: one of those guys who would make a Trump candidacy even worse than it already is.

Agreed. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
"Not saying Newt will be the pick... but for Crying out loud, are these the best the GOP can cough up?   What you have here are two fat old white guys whose best days are"

Wrong orifice.

Thinking about it for a minute, I'm going to make a prediction. It won't be any of the major people being speculated about right now.

Offline Fantom

Newt was highly unpopular even at his best -- you'll recall how he was the poster child for Bill Clinton's reelection campaign; and that was before he became widely known as a three-timing sleazebag.  And, unlike Trump, he has a record that will be twisted by the media in ways that will be much to Hillary Clinton's advantage.

Not sure 1990's progressive media portrayal of Newt, is a winner in Conservative circles.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

No, Newt WAS a conservative heavyweight. No longer.

Well as of 2012... he was the best Conservative in the Presidential field. Now that may not be saying much... and Newt is a loose cannon.

However... far better than a Chris Christie.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline roamer_1

Well as of 2012... he was the best Conservative in the Presidential field. Now that may not be saying much... and Newt is a loose cannon.

However... far better than a Chris Christie.

Not saying much there...
I made the mistake of trusting Newt back in 94... Won't do that again.

Offline Fantom

Not saying much there...
I made the mistake of trusting Newt back in 94... Won't do that again.

Why?

Newt passed most of the Contract With America. Fought Slick Willie to a standstill... where do you think Newt failed you on this?

Welfare reform.....Newt...

P.S.  Not to mention taking control of the House for the first time in 40 years...Newt.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:20:23 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline r9etb

Why?

Newt passed most of the Contract With America. Fought Slick Willie to a standstill... where do you think Newt failed you on this?

Welfare reform.....Newt...

P.S.  Not to mention taking control of the House for the first time in 40 years...Newt.

And getting stomped on by Bill Clinton.  Newt thought he was a politician, but he wasn't close to Clinton, who left his footprints on Newt's back.  Medicare reform and the government shutdown were Newt's two big stands, and he got killed on both, to the point of pretty much guaranteeing Clinton's re-election.

Offline Fantom

And getting stomped on by Bill Clinton.  Newt thought he was a politician, but he wasn't close to Clinton, who left his footprints on Newt's back.  Medicare reform and the government shutdown were Newt's two big stands, and he got killed on both, to the point of pretty much guaranteeing Clinton's re-election.

Really, Slick Willie twice vetoed workfare(welfare reform) before having to sign it before election 1996...have not seen any House leader force obama to sign off on a Conservative position...yet.

Newt cut spending, no Repubs in the House and Senate have done that to obama.

I am sorry r9ebt that you think progressive media control in the 90's=Newt Bad. But that just ain't so.

Frederick Douglass

Offline r9etb

I am sorry r9ebt that you think progressive media control in the 90's=Newt Bad. But that just ain't so.

I am sorry, Fantom, that you cannot accept political reality, but the media portrayal of Gingrich stuck, and guaranteed Clinton's re-election.  And they'd kill him even worse today.

As for Gingrich ... well, he turned out to be something less than honorable, in many different ways. 

Offline Fantom

I am sorry, Fantom, that you cannot accept political reality, but the media portrayal of Gingrich stuck, and guaranteed Clinton's re-election.  And they'd kill him even worse today.

As for Gingrich ... well, he turned out to be something less than honorable, in many different ways.

Well, you certainly can accept the enemy's position and abandon one who did so much for you.

I will not.

Frederick Douglass

Offline r9etb

Well, you certainly can accept the enemy's position and abandon one who did so much for you.

I will not.

<Rolls eyes....>

Offline Fantom

<Rolls eyes....>

Whatever, you accept that the progresive media defines Conservatives. 

Fortunately...Conservatives do not accept that.. and vote ...well Conservative.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:23:28 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Guys, you've already determined where you disagree.  What's the point of keeping on puffing out your chests and poking at each other? 

Offline Fantom

Guys, you've already determined where you disagree.  What's the point of keeping on puffing out your chests and poking at each other?

Probably the same point made in any given back and forth post of yours.

Now, would you like to add any real value to the conversation?

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Probably the same point made in any given back and forth post of yours.

Now, would you like to add any real value to the conversation?

Nope, at this point, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't recognize value. 

Carry on with the silly pointless chest-puffing. 

Offline Fantom

Nope, at this point, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't recognize value. 

How childish.

Better that you can actually elucidate instead of just being a mindless bully.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:41:09 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass