Author Topic: Trump Campaign Denounces John Kasich in Ohio, Where Convention Begins  (Read 380 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: New York Times

URL: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/19/us/politics/john-kasich-rnc.html?_r=0

by: Jonathan Martin

CLEVELAND — Donald J. Trump’s chief adviser used the first day of the Republican National Convention on Monday to excoriate Gov. John R. Kasich for not endorsing Mr. Trump, touching off a remarkably bitter exchange between the campaign of the presumptive Republican nominee and advisers to Ohio’s popular Republican governor.

Addressing reporters at a breakfast on Monday, Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump’s de facto campaign manager, accused Mr. Kasich of acting “petulant” for refusing to support Mr. Trump following the governor’s defeat in the Republicans’ presidential nominating process.

“He’s embarrassing his party in Ohio,” Mr. Manafort said of Mr. Kasich, calling the governor’s chief political strategist the culprit behind Mr. Kasich’s strategy of not endorsing Mr. Trump. “Negotiations broke down because John Weaver thinks that John Kasich will have a better chance to be president by not supporting Donald Trump.”

Such a calculation, Mr. Manafort said, is “a dumb, dumb, dumb thing.”

Asked about the criticism, Mr. Weaver escalated the dispute. He not only mocked Mr. Trump’s rambling and at-times awkward introduction of Mike Pence as his running mate on Saturday, but also pointedly brought up Mr. Manafort’s history of working with contentious foreign leaders.

“Manafort’s problem, after all those years on the lam with thugs and autocrats, is that he can’t recognize principle and integrity,” Mr. Weaver wrote in an email. “I do congratulate him though on a great pivot at the start of the convention after such a successful vice-presidential launch. He has brought great professionalism, direct from Kiev, to Trump world.”

The back-and-forth was the latest extraordinary turn in a campaign that has veered sharply away from political precedent. Mr. Manafort’s blistering attack was the latest reminder that, when it comes to their critics, Mr. Trump and his high command care little for political niceties — in this case the traditional imperative to unify the party as the convention gets underway.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Oh that will serve them well with voters in Ohio who have voted for Kasich as their governor and even gave him the most votes for President.  Team Trump is tone deaf in the area of unity.

Don't get me wrong, I think both Trump and Kasich are liberals.  But this seems dumb.

Yep, so much for Manafort being the smart half of this team.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I continue to be proud that I supported John Kasich for President. 

After November, it will be patriots like him who will be tasked with picking up the pieces for a responsible conservative/center-right party. 

Just a few months to go before Trumpism is repudiated,  once and for all.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Suppressed

Children operating above their level.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

Trump: Still attacking the GOP with intent to destroy it.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Pundits are already pointing at the thin skin of the Trump campaign, and how it will play in keeping them off message.

Trump's doomed.  GOP leadership......   Shift money to House and Senate races ASAP.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Too many refuse to see that when it is patently obvious what Trump was doing all along.

I'm convinced he's Hildabeast's stalking horse.

He continues to attack Republicans and Conservatives, but leaves Hillary virtually unscathed because he says he is 'bored' with attacking her.

But comes a Republican who will not kiss his ring - Trump has no problems showing everyone what his definition of 'unity' is.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:06:54 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

Pence is hated in the red-state of Indiana.  Herr Drumpf picks Pence as VP.

Kasich is liked in the red-state of Ohio.  Herr Drumpf insults and demeans him.

See a pattern?

Offline kevindavis007

Very dumb move..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline BuckeyeTexan

This was a remarkably contentious primary campaign. Everyone is still raw.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle