Author Topic: Possible Trump VP pick flip-flops on abortion comments  (Read 344 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Possible Trump VP pick flip-flops on abortion comments
« on: July 11, 2016, 05:12:27 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/287226-flynn-clarifies-abortion-comments-im-a-pro-life-democrat

July 11, 2016, 12:32 pm
Possible Trump VP pick flip-flops on abortion comments

By Jesse Byrnes

Retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, a possible Donald Trump running mate, is flip-flopping on abortion, saying Monday that he's a "pro-life Democrat" after comments on Sunday that women will have to "make the decision" on the divisive issue.

Jennifer Griffin

@JenGriffinFNC

EXCLUSIVE: LTG Mike Flynn tells me he is "a pro-life Democrat," clarifies abortion comments by phone. "I believe the law should be changed."
10:53 AM - 11 Jul 2016

"This pro-choice issue is a legal issue that should be decided by the courts. If people want to change the law, vote," Flynn said in an interview, according to tweets from Fox News's Jennifer Griffin.

Flynn also recalled his upbringing with a pro-life mother, attending rallies and driving floats. 

"If people are going to decide [the] election on abortion issue they should just stay home," he reportedly told Griffin, saying his priority was national security.
Flynn raised eyebrows on the right Sunday, saying it's a woman's right to choose whether to have an abortion.

"They're the ones that have to make the decision because they're the ones that are going to decide to bring up that child or not," Flynn said on ABC's "This Week."

"But it's a difficult legal decision ... and I think women are so important in that decision-making process," Flynn added.

Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the prominent anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List, said in a statement on Sunday that Flynn "disqualified himself from consideration as Vice President" with his comments.

Trump has faced his own criticism over the issue of abortion, saying earlier this year women should face "some form of punishment" if they seek an abortion after it's been outlawed.

Trump later backtracked and came more in line with traditional Republican views on the issue by saying only doctors who perform illegal abortions should be held accountable.

Flynn is believed to be among two former military officials Trump is considering for VP, with most eyes on Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Speaker Newt Gingrich for the position.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Possible Trump VP pick flip-flops on abortion comments
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 05:14:45 pm »
Flip Flopper?   He will fit in just fine in the Trump campaign.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 05:19:39 pm »

"If people are going to decide [the] election on abortion issue they should just stay home," he reportedly told Griffin, saying his priority was national security.
Flynn raised eyebrows on the right Sunday, saying it's a woman's right to choose whether to have an abortion.

Why does it seem like these people want republicans to stay home?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:20:21 pm by Cripplecreek »

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 05:31:01 pm »
He's already flip-flopping like a Trump fish!

geronl

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 05:32:55 pm »
Why does it seem like these people want republicans to stay home?

Exactly. Abortion is the issue of our age, life vs death, good vs evil, black vs white. If a person can't get this right, everything else is suspect and they have no business asking for my vote.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 05:51:21 pm »
Exactly. Abortion is the issue of our age, life vs death, good vs evil, black vs white. If a person can't get this right, everything else is suspect and they have no business asking for my vote.

There's no easy answer to this issue.  We probably all agree that abortion is wrong.   But is the solution persuasion and support for alternatives, or to make illegal a woman's exercise of dominion over her own body?   

Most of us who come to conservatism from the perspective of the protection of human liberty from encroachment by the state have real problems with the criminalization of abortion, especially in the first trimester.  Most of us who feel that way are certainly against abortion, but view it as matter of personal conscience and advocate persuasion rather than government coercion.   
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:52:29 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 05:53:40 pm »

Abortion is also one of those issues driven by these globalist think tanks that want to manipulate the world into their own utopian vision.