Author Topic: She wasn't a cop and she wasn't white, but she took a bullet in Dallas while protecting her sons  (Read 383 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
She wasn't a cop and she wasn't white, but she took a bullet in Dallas while protecting her sons

When the shooting started at the Black Lives Matter protest here last week, Shetamia Taylor shouted at her four sons to run.

“They started running up the block and I was running behind them and I felt the bullet,” she said Sunday.

Taylor, 38, had been shot from behind, in her right calf. Still standing, she looked to a police officer ahead of her, a heavyset, balding white man.

Then he was shot, too.

“I saw him go down. When he got hit, he slumped over and he said ‘He has a gun, run!’ ” she said, recounting the incident from her wheelchair at Baylor Medical Center. She began to sob, covering her face.

It would take hours for Taylor to learn the fate of her sons – ages 12, 14, 15 and 18 – and of the dozen officers shot, five of them fatally, by 25-year-old Micah Xavier Johnson.

snip

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Quite a story. BTW she is named Shetamia, and her four sons are Andrew, Kavion, Jermar, Jajuan.

No mention of father(s)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln