Author Topic: Report: '95 percent probability' of Pence as Trump VP  (Read 3500 times)

Offline unknown

Report: '95 percent probability' of Pence as Trump VP
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:03:04 am »

Jessie Hellmann
July 10, 2016, 03:36 pm

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/287171-trump-pence-vp-campaign-indiana

A Donald Trump campaign stop in Indiana scheduled for Tuesday is raising speculation that the presumptive Republican nominee will announce Gov. Mike Pence as his running mate.

The Washington Times reported Sunday evening that Pence has a “95 percent probability” of being Trump's choice, according to sources close to the campaign and to the governor.

The first-term Indiana governor’s name has surfaced in recent weeks as a contender for the position. Pence tepidly endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas before the state's May primary, but later backed Trump, praising the chance to "take a new direction" in Washington.

"The kind of leadership that I truly do believe, to borrow a phrase, will make America great again," Pence said during a Thursday campaign stop, according to The Associated Press.

Others said to be under consideration for vice president are former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama.

Trump has said he will make an announcement before the Republican National Convention, which begins on July 18. Pence, who is seeking reelection to a second term as governor, would have to withdraw from that contest by noon on July 15 if he’s going to run as Trump’s vice president.

Former Trump adviser Michael Caputo said Sunday he's putting all his chips on an announcement at the event next week.

"Right guy. Right timing. Right place #TrumpPence2016,” he tweeted.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Report: '95 percent probability' of Pence as Trump VP
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 12:10:27 am »
Because of his cave on RFRA, Pence was likely to lose his reelection bid in November.  So, he's leaving town before he gets kicked out. 

This is not a job Pence can resign from if the embarrassment factor gets too great.  He's stuck serving this bastard.

Will change nothing. 

#NeverTrump.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:11:30 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 12:18:13 am »

Beware premature assurances.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:29:04 am »
Because of his cave on RFRA, Pence was likely to lose his reelection bid in November.  So, he's leaving town before he gets kicked out. 

This is not a job Pence can resign from if the embarrassment factor gets too great.  He's stuck serving this bastard.

Will change nothing. 

#NeverTrump.

Pence looks very Conservative.  Hope if he accepts the job he has a big mop.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 12:41:49 am »
Pence looks very Conservative.  Hope if he accepts the job he has a big mop.

Mike Pence endorsed and voted for Ted Cruz in the primary, saying

"I am guided by the principles best espoused by former President Ronald Reagan. I am a Reagan Republican; drawn to his vision of less taxes, less government, traditional values and a strong military," ...

"Ted articulates that same agenda with an unwavering devotion to our Constitution, the sanctity of life, and the freedoms enshrined in the Bill of Rights." ...

"My vote goes to Ted Cruz because he is a principled conservative who will work to protect our constitutional liberties, bring back better-paying jobs, and serve all Americans with the character and judgment needed to revive our national strength."

“I’m not against anybody, but I will be voting for Ted Cruz in the upcoming Republican primary,”

[ http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/mike-pence-cruz-principled-conservative/2016/05/02/id/726819/ May 2, 2016
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/29/indiana-governor-mike-pence-i-will-vote-for-ted-cruz.html May 29, 2016]

The rating group American Conservative Union, 2012 Ratings of Congress, gave Mike Pence 100% rating.
https://votesmart.org/interest-group/1481/rating/6733

Pence won the 2012 presidential straw poll at the Value Voters Summit that was hosted by the The Family Research Council, a social conservative group.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/10/pence-and-the-revolution-five-reasons-he-might-be-the-2016-dark-horse-to-watch/

Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky) is the most conservative Republican with a 10+C ranking, says Crowdpac, ahead of Senator Ted Cruz (R-Tx) who received a 9.7C, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker came in at 7.8C followed by former Indiana Governor Mike Pence 7.6C and Dr. Ben Carson at 7.4 (A “10C” is the highest rating conservative rating one can receive)
http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-ranks-as-most-conservative-2016-candidate-and-the-most-liberal/

His final year in the U.S. House, Pence was rated a "far-right Republican leader" based on an analysis of bill sponsorship by GovTrack.[4] An analysis of Republican governors by Nate Silver of the New York Times in April 2013 ranked Pence as the 2nd most conservative governor in the country.[5]
https://ballotpedia.org/Mike_Pence

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline WAC

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 12:55:45 am »

The article read...

In some ways, he (Pence) was the “Cruz” of the House years before Cruz ever ran for Senate. As chairman of the conservative Republican Study Committee from 2005-2007, Pence was a source of constant frustration to the Republican leadership team, led by then-Majority Leader Tom DeLay, because of his efforts to push rank-and-file Republicans to fight for a more conservative approach to spending.

888sunglass

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 01:01:03 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 01:19:24 am »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 01:25:28 am »

Let's look back at this article from just over a year ago...

Indiana Is Now The Most Hostile State To Religious Freedom

URL: http://thefederalist.com/2015/04/17/indiana-is-now-the-most-hostile-state-to-religious-freedom/

EXCERPT:

In caving to corporate and elite pressure to “fix” Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Gov. Mike Pence and the rest of the state’s laughingstock Republican leadership have ironically bungled into amending it in a way that now makes Indiana the most hostile state in the country to the conscience rights the original law was designed to protect.

The hastily and stupidly crafted amendment they enacted during Holy Week provides that Indiana’s RFRA can never be used as a defense in any gay rights or other civil rights proceeding by anyone other than a clergyman, church, or religious institution. It’s in the same vein as a DC City Council proposal that would force religious organizations to hire or provide resources to people who diametrically oppose those organizations’ missions, which hundreds of congressional lawmakers are actively opposing, using Congress’s right to decide DC laws. Of course, until the advent of gay marriage there hadn’t ever been a single instance in any of the other 31 states with RFRA statutes or equivalent judicial protections using RFRA as a defense in a gay-rights case, much less in a case involving racial or other alleged discrimination.

[SNIP]

In “fixing” the original RFRA statute, Pence and the Indiana Legislature could have actually both improved it and blunted some of the political fallout by adopting a more straightforward law providing explicit conscientious-objector protections only to creative, intellectual, and religious professionals who do not wish to provide such personal services for or at a same-sex wedding. RFRA legislation is a clumsy and ineffective way to protect these dissenters. (As noted, courts have rejected RFRA defenses in these cases.) Such a law would be less subject to the demagoguery of the last week—the “gays turned away from lunch counters” parade of horribles. Even some anti-RFRA liberals had suggested that they would have grudgingly accepted this more-limited but effective approach.

But that’s not how Pence and his clueless company chose to proceed. Now Indiana—not DC, not California, not Massachusetts, not Vermont—is the most hostile state in the country to freedom of conscience in these cases. The irony would be comical if it weren’t so sad.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 02:31:17 am »
Hey nevertrumps:  Look.... a new shiny object over here!!   :seeya:

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 02:36:57 am »
If the person selected for Trump's VP is a [real] conservative [Mike Pence or otherwise], we will vote for Trump, because under Hillary, my husband believes there will be a 95% chance it's ALL OVER, the End Times will be here. However, with a conservative running with Trump, we might, might at least, have a chance to survive, especially if Trump can't serve out his full term due to a variety of reasons.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 02:43:01 am »
I have no complaints about choosing Pence.

Will not change a thing as far as #nevertrump. trump is the top of the ticket and the one who would be making the decisions.
So that makes the top of the ticket impossible to vote for no matter who is the vp.

That's how I see it.

I cannot vote for a corrupt, liberal, pro-abortion reprobate, no matter who the VP choice is.

Trump has no wisdom, so cannot accept advice from others who know more than he.  He has proven that over and over again.

Unless Trump is ejected, I will not vote R this time around......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2016, 02:43:43 am »
If the person selected for Trump's VP is a [real] conservative [Mike Pence or otherwise], we will vote for Trump

Because you think there is a difference.  :silly: :silly:

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 02:58:27 am »
Because you think there is a difference.  :silly: :silly:

Not sure I understand your response, but it's late, and I live with 24-7 ringing in my [poor deaf] ears. It's time to put them to bed. :laugh:
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2016, 03:03:41 am »
If the person selected for Trump's VP is a [real] conservative [Mike Pence or otherwise], we will vote for Trump, because under Hillary, my husband believes there will be a 95% chance it's ALL OVER, the End Times will be here. However, with a conservative running with Trump, we might, might at least, have a chance to survive, especially if Trump can't serve out his full term due to a variety of reasons.

Well I wouldn't laugh.  End Times are no laughing matter and neither is the election of either of the candidates.  I would ask why you would think that someone who idolizes evil dictators would give you a chance to survive?  I would think the opposite.  Thinking of the evil people who he has admired.

I could never  NEVER.  Because a man like that clearly does not have wisdom or good judgment.  He is frightening in that if his mind finds strength in tyranny he also may fall in the same category with those devils.  We have already seen that Obama used the power of the pen.  So he has set precedence to abuse of power.  Ignoring the separate powers of government.  The next president is bound to do that also if there is no respect for Constitution and law.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 03:08:01 am »
Well I wouldn't laugh.  End Times are no laughing matter and neither is the election of either of the candidates.  I would ask why you would think that someone who idolizes evil dictators would give you a chance to survive?  I would think the opposite.  Thinking of the evil people who he has admired.

I could never  NEVER.  Because a man like that clearly does not have wisdom or good judgment.  He is frightening in that if his mind finds strength in tyranny he also may fall in the same category with those devils.  We have already seen that Obama used the power of the pen.  So he has set precedence to abuse of power.  Ignoring the separate powers of government.  The next president is bound to do that also if there is no respect for Constitution and law.

This.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 03:13:28 am »

I've been thinking about voting for Trump as a way to hurry the rapture along.

Offline unknown

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 03:18:42 am »

Close.

It will be all over for the US.

But End Times? I know that isn't true. Classic, historic, postmil.... No End Times..

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 03:39:49 am »
Things may get bad, but woe unto those who bring it about.

Well as bad as it seems nobody knows the time.  But I believe there are signs of the times.  I am excited!

Christians should be excited about the End Times

I’m sure many people have noticed that a lot of Christians are connecting the current situation in the world to the End Times and the rise of the Antichrist. If you have religious friends or have Christianity as an interest you probably have seen numerous Facebook posts and Tweets that speak about us living just before the End. Many Christians are very excited about what is going on in the world. However, most people, including some Christians, think it is crazy for someone to be excited about the end of the world. Doesn’t the Bible say that it will be a time of horror? How could someone be excited about a time period that it will be full of death and destruction? Shouldn’t Christians just concentrate on the here and now or just converting people to Christ?

I understand why many people think like this. However, I believe that this comes from a misunderstanding of what Scripture teaches about the “end of the world.” The point of Scripture’s teaching on the End Times is not the atrocities or the Antichrist, but what comes afterwards. This age will come to an end with the return of Jesus Christ, and Christians should be excited about this event. Why? Here is a short list of what Christians can expect after “the end of the world”:
1.A purification of our bodies. Christians know this as the resurrection body which we receive at our Lord’s return (1 Corinthians 15:52). Many Christians think we will be spiritual beings floating around on the clouds forever, but this is false. Scripture clearly teaches a physical resurrection and Paul says that these bodies will be like Christ’s. Yes, Paul calls our resurrection bodies “spiritual” and says that “flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 15:44, 50). However, in-depth studies have shown that most readers have misinterpreted these phrases. Spiritual is referring to the fact that our resurrection bodies will be led and filled with the Holy Spirit and “flesh and blood” is speaking about our current sinful bodies under the curse. See my article “What will the Resurrection Body be like” for more on this topic.
2.The animal kingdom will also be renewed when Christ returns. Romans 8:18-23 tells us that all of creation will be liberated from the effects of sin when Christians receive their resurrection bodies. “Creation” in this context clearly refers to the subhuman world including both animals and the environment. For more see my series of articles on the New Earth beginning with part 1.
3.The curse will be removed. This is taught in Romans 8:18-23 and in Revelation 22:3. The curse that was laid down in Genesis 3 is reversed. This means that all of the results of the curse, including disease, wars, famines, family problems, depression, and death (and others) will be removed from God’s creation.

Think about it. A world without disease, wars, divorce, suffering, ISIS, drug lords, Nazis, and death. Who would not be excited about that? To accuse Christians of being crazy because they want a perfect, sinless world where they can live with the Creator for all eternity makes no sense. You either do not understand Christian theology or you hate God.

What do you think? Are you excited about the return of Christ? I am.

http://christianworldviewpress.com/christians-should-be-excited-about-the-end-times/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 03:41:12 am »
Not sure I understand your response, but it's late, and I live with 24-7 ringing in my [poor deaf] ears. It's time to put them to bed. :laugh:

I have had 24/7 ringing in both of my ears, for over 47 years. Tinnitus. Permanent nerve damage. Is that correct?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 02:18:15 pm »
Totally respect your reasoning and your decision. These are extremely disheartening times brought about by the unquestioned evil that is trump. My thoughts.....Even if Pence is on the ticket, make no mistake....your vote and your support is for the person you mark on the ballot. For this reason I cannot not vote for a man with trump's level of corruption, greed, narcissism, perversion, bigotry and lack of integrity to go along with his compulsive lying and scamming. Furthermore, has there ever been a vice-president with real power in an administration? The decisions will be made by trump alone, no question about it. Can you imagine 4 years of a trump in control of the white house?? Hello dark ages.

Again, tough times, desperate times for many conservatives and evangelicals. Reluctant voting for trump I can understand. Cheerleading for a such a man disgusts me.
Yes, thank you! Desperate times, desperate measures.

It is human nature for most people to want to remain alive. If not for themselves, for their sons and daughters. So while a conservative VP only brings a shred of hope [should Trump not be able to serve], it is all we have to cling to [barring a miracle at the convention].

While looking up "desperate times, desperate measures," I found it is a song by Underoath; they billed themselves as a Christian rock group at the time of release, but no longer do.

Here are the lyrics:

I've been crawling around in the dark for a while.
Sprawled out across the floor.
Not collecting dust anymore.
Define me a parasite. Define my host.
Trapped beneath the floor.
I slowly waste away.
Now I pull my frail body into the chair.
And look me in the face.
Oh, disappointments, so disappointing.
This may be my last one.
It's gonna be good and hard.
It might be a touch out of key.

When this thing breaks. I will be you, you will be me.
I'm afraid that this is really happening.
Let's hope this is short lived and riddled with dizzy

Oh, God the noise! Is ringing in my ear.
It's so unclear. I hear them talking.
But can't make out the words.
Speak up. Speak clear.

God, where have I been.
I'm terrible company. With zero apologies.

While I sink to the bottom.
I'll sing out as it fills with water.
I hope I've done enough.

I'm worn out.
I'm worn thin.
I will never break through.

Let me out
Let me out
Let me out

And while most everyone commenting on this song, feels it addresses the former drug addiction of the writer [see the following commentary (which as an aside was penned the day my die-hard Dem mother died)], one could also plug in this nation's sins [instead of just his].

General Comment

Since Underoath is very religious, I'm going to take that route. But for those who dis agree, replace every time I say sin, with "wrongdoing"

I feel this song is about a person constantly struggling with sin. This person is addicted to something. For some people it could be drugs, alcohol, sex. Whatever it is, it's sin. They are constantly sinning, and can see themselves sinning.

The beginning of the song starts out with a person realizing how pathetic he is. He's out of sinning for the moment take a look at himself and truly realize what he is.

The song moves on to himself wanting to escape his addiction. He's desperately trying to regain who he truly is.

The final stanza talks about how it's getting difficult. Either quitting the addiction is difficult, and life has become so difficult because of addiction. He's tired and doesn't know if he can make it. I believe Underoath is trying to relate to how everyone else feels. We all hit hard times in our lives where we feel like just giving up. Where life is just unbearable.

Underoath would not write about suicide though. Just how hard life can get at times. I'm positive they would not promote suicide.

Oh, and it is an amazing song. I cannot wait for the album to come out.
Stevo937on August 08, 2008   Link
http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858732055/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVPooKsLxII

Was Underoath unknowingly foreseeing the Trump/Hillary election? The End Times?
C - R - E - E - P - Y
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:55:28 pm by mlizzy »

Offline unknown

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 04:28:41 pm »
Again, tough times, desperate times for many conservatives and evangelicals. Reluctant voting for trump I can understand. Cheerleading for a such a man disgusts me.

I believe you said it very succinctly. Good job!  blij26

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 09:04:21 pm »
I have had 24/7 ringing in both of my ears, for over 47 years. Tinnitus. Permanent nerve damage. Is that correct?

Yes, nerve damage @truth_seeker ~ I'm sorry you have ringing too. Are you able to live well with the condition? If you have any advice, please let me know. There seems to be a possible connection between gut health and brain health [the ringing], but I'm only getting a slight amount of help in trying different supplements for same. They have a "ring-ping" list over at TOS. That's something I keep my name on.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 09:48:28 pm »
I would ask why you would think that someone who idolizes evil dictators would give you a chance to survive?

I would not suggest that; those are your words, not mine. If Trump, however, selects a conservative VP, and DJT, himself, is unable to perform his duties as president, then there would be some hope [albeit slim] for survival of this [once great] nation.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 02:22:09 am »
Pence will be a good choice.

Running with Trump won't hurt him, and he'll be an asset to the ticket.

The selection of Pence (a halfway-decent conservative) will also demonstrate Mr. Trump's willingness to "choose rightly" when it comes to picking those who will serve with him.

No complaints from me...