Author Topic: After Dallas, conservatives rebel against the Drudge Report  (Read 2062 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: After Dallas, conservatives rebel against the Drudge Report
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 06:59:20 pm »
or Trumpbart for me.

Andrew Brietbart is spinning in his grave as his brilliant work has been orangejacked.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

HonestJohn

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 07:04:23 pm »
It's very noticeable how many supposedly conservative newsites have jumped into the "alt-right" (ie: skinhead, neo-Nazi) pool with both eyes open.

It's lead me to wonder if they were that way all along, just hiding their views with a veil of respectability.

For the people running the show and writing the news didn't change much (outside of 3-4 people at Breitbart).

---

Filed under: things that make one say, "Hmmm."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 07:06:02 pm »
Drudge was and always has been a news aggregate site. A giant mass of click bait that he got paid for by tue click.   

I think the biggest mistake we all made and Drudge took advantage of...was the belief we all had that he was conservative based on the amount of anti-Liberal stuff he links to. 

Turns out he was just playing us to line his own pockets.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:07:01 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 02:30:01 am »
Well, guess Matt Drudge will have to do without all you guys and gals visitin' his site.

Where y'all goin' back to?
The New York Times and Washington Post?

(Then agin', ya can always go back to TOS...)  ;)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 02:38:32 am »
Well, guess Matt Drudge will have to do without all you guys and gals visitin' his site.

What's your point?   Drudge isn't trustworthy so people can go back to TOS?  Not only does that make absolutely no sense, it's a cheap shot and fairly malicious.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 02:43:03 am »
What's your point?   Drudge isn't trustworthy so people can go back to TOS?  Not only does that make absolutely no sense, it's a cheap shot and fairly malicious.
I ditched Drudge in the last election and can manage to find news without the neo fascists at TOS telling me what is and isn't safe to read.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 02:54:15 am »

Yep, he will do without me, and do just fine, as I figure it.
He ain't the only game in town.
Neither is WAPO, NYT, or TOS.
You should get out more

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 05:31:03 am »
Drudge was and always has been a news aggregate site. A giant mass of click bait that he got paid for by tue click.   

I think the biggest mistake we all made and Drudge took advantage of...was the belief we all had that he was conservative based on the amount of anti-Liberal stuff he links to. 

Turns out he was just playing us to line his own pockets.

I had always assumed Drudge was gay and a bit more of an opportunistic entrepreneur than a conservative.  Not trying to smear the guy, I had actually read he was openly gay, or at least, it was an open secret.

For me, it was "if he's not against us, he's for us".  However, I never felt this site was expressly conservative.

He'll be gone within three years.  Like Fox News, he just trashed his core constituency, and deliberately so.  That was a seriously poor business decision.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 09:23:55 am »

www.oann.com
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 11:08:31 am »

Well, we have been assured the National Enquirer and twitter and facebook are the new gold standard.

(Meh.)

I think we can ferret out the news. There's a big web out there, and most of us have had considerable practice at debunking the Liberal crap.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 04:24:25 pm »
It's very noticeable how many supposedly conservative newsites have jumped into the "alt-right" (ie: skinhead, neo-Nazi) pool with both eyes open.

It's lead me to wonder if they were that way all along, just hiding their views with a veil of respectability.

For the people running the show and writing the news didn't change much (outside of 3-4 people at Breitbart).

---

Filed under: things that make one say, "Hmmm."

It could be the following:

1. Their true colors have been shown.
2. They want Hillary to win (I still think she can beat Trump), so they can peddle gloom and doom
3. They wanted Trump cause he is an entertainment figure.. Entertainment figures get the most attention..

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 05:00:45 pm »
And with #3 they can still preach gloom and doom.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline bilo

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 08:07:09 pm »
I still check Drudge at least once a day. It's been frustrating to see his Pro-Trump posting, but he does post a lot of interesting stuff.

Let's not forget he was the one responsible for Clinton's misbehavior becoming public knowledge and I remember he left Fox because he refused to tone down his Pro-Life beliefs. IOW, he's not all bad. He's wrong about Trump, but after this is over we want him to come back to conservatism.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 08:12:04 pm »
Well, we have been assured the National Enquirer and twitter and facebook are the new gold standard.

(Meh.)

I think we can ferret out the news. There's a big web out there, and most of us have had considerable practice at debunking the Liberal crap.

...and don't forget Conservative Outhouse. All the news that is fit to wipe your...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...