Author Topic: Gingrich 'actively lobbying' to be Trump's running mate  (Read 344 times)

Wingnut

Gingrich 'actively lobbying' to be Trump's running mate
« on: July 10, 2016, 03:59:30 am »
Newt is on his knees begging the orange god to throw him a bone:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gingrich-actively-lobbying-to-be-trumps-running-mate-report/ar-BBu8dFi?li=BBnb7Kz

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who is reportedly on Donald Trump's shortlist of vice presidential candidates, is "actively lobbying" to be the presumptive nominee's running mate, sources told CNN Saturday.

Gingrich said earlier this week that he would be inclined to accept an offer to be on the ticket if Trump asked him.

"If Trump offers the position and is serious about it, which I think he would be after our conversations, [my wife] Callista and I would feel compelled to serve the country," the former Speaker said on Fox News's "On the Record."

But in an interview published Saturday, Gingrich said "it's not an automatic yes," if Trump asks him to join the ticket.

Trump has hinted at the possibility of picking the Georgia Republican. When the two appeared at a rally together this week, Trump said that Gingrich would be "involved" in his administration in some way.

"We like Newt, and I'll tell you why. Newt has been my friend for a long time, and I'm not saying anything, and I'm not telling even Newt anything," he said. "But I can tell you, in one form or another, Newt Gingrich is going to be involved with our government, that I can tell you."

geronl

Re: Gingrich 'actively lobbying' to be Trump's running mate
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 05:28:29 am »
Noot and Christie are jockeying for position on that butt cheek like remora on a shark