Author Topic: Mike Huckabee to Ted Cruz: If you can’t endorse Trump in your convention speech, get off the stage  (Read 5905 times)

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

FU Huckster.  560 delegates earns you the right to say whatever the hell you want say at the convention.

Note to other Briefers..........

This is the same Huckster that ran Cruz off the stage because he didn't want to share the limelight after the KY County Clerk (Same sex marriage crap) was released.  Cruz graciously bowed out not to make it more the circus that Huckster already created.

Huckster is an inbred looking  slime ball short and sweet
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 05:18:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think we all are scratching our head at that one because the only one acting 'totalitarian' in this example is Huckabee. He is demanding singular thought, he is demanding restriction of speech based on who one supports, and he is demanding devotion and allegiance to a singular person. It isn't his convention yet he is placing classic totalitarian demands on it. 

Good to know you're the group's spokesman @AbaraXas ....

Nevertrumps do not allow anyone to speak of St. Rafael without your seal of approval.  If someone dares to, he or she is thrown under the proverbial bus, ridiculed and maligned.  To me, this is pretty totalitarian and dripping in man worship.

Like it or not, X, this is a political convention with one singular goal ....  elect Donald J. Trump the next POTUS.   If one signs up for the convention, especially as a speaker, one is signing on to the political goal.     :shrug:

Huckabee is simply reminding the sainted one of this truth.

HonestJohn

It is odd how those who attach themselves to Trump seem to take on a whole new personality

I don't view it that way.

What Trump is doing is making it politically acceptable for authoritarians of all stripes to come out of the woodwork, to drop their facades.  (same for the bigots)

Huckabee's always been a vindicative authoritarian, but he had to hide it in the past.  Now he can proudly spew his filth in public.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Good to know you're the group's spokesman @AbaraXas ....

Nevertrumps do not allow anyone to speak of St. Rafael without your seal of approval.  If someone dares to, he or she is thrown under the proverbial bus, ridiculed and maligned.  To me, this is pretty totalitarian and dripping in man worship.

Like it or not, X, this is a political convention with one singular goal ....  elect Donald J. Trump the next POTUS.   If one signs up for the convention, especially as a speaker, one is signing on to the political goal.     :shrug:

Huckabee is simply reminding the sainted one of this truth.

So let me get this straight.  Cruz should keep has mouth shut even after gaining 8 million primary votes and 560 delegates?

(s)Trumpets are the most delusional lot in American political history.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

Seeing chatter that Bruce.....errr Caitlin Jenner has been invited to speak at the convention and looks like a party platform softening on gay marriage is on the table.

Remember, Trumpers claim its their party now.  :silly:

Well, now.   It will be interesting to see exactly how they phrase the new platform.

I can't wait to see the clips of a man in a dress, prancing out with his big knotty calves and size 13 feet shoved into pumps, endorsing the Republican candidate. 

Ted, give your speech, take the standing ovation, and get the hell out of there.

geronl

Last time I checked, this wasn't the Trump National Convention. He is just a guest there too and nominating the Presidential candidate is just one of the activities that take part.

:amen:

Offline Vulcan

Mike Huckabee to Ted Cruz: If you can’t endorse Trump in your convention speech, get off the stage

As usual, Huckabee continues to mistakenly believe he is relevant. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well, now.   It will be interesting to see exactly how they phrase the new platform.

I can't wait to see the clips of a man in a dress, prancing out with his big knotty calves and size 13 feet shoved into pumps, endorsing the Republican candidate. 

Ted, give your speech, take the standing ovation, and get the hell out of there.

The GOP is going sideways and Ted Cruz will be remembered as the guy who stood in the furnace and defiantly opposed the leftward slide. :patriot:

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Or it could have been for some reason or other nobody else saw your post until AbaraXas replied; although your post was indeed quite stunning in it's projection.

...and stupidity.

Conventions nominate. They do not elect.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Seeing chatter that Bruce.....errr Caitlin Jenner has been invited to speak at the convention and looks like a party platform softening on gay marriage is on the table.

Remember, Trumpers claim its their party now.  :silly:

If Trump pulls a stunt like that, the door I cracked open for him on July 5 gets slammed shut, locked and key thrown far away.

Of course, that would be the final proof that he has no intention of actually trying to win. 

Offline CommerceComet

Personally, I think that this is much ado about nothing. I fully expect Cruz to lay out a nice conservative vision, focusing on areas that don't conflict too much with Trump's agenda, and then will endorse Trump (but it might be less than enthusiastic).

In political terms, Ted Cruz is a young man and can be patient. If Trump won two terms and Cruz followed him with two terms, Cruz would be younger leaving office than Trump was when he entered the office. Considering only the political angle, Cruz would be probably be best served by being seen as a loyal although dissenting soldier. If the Republican Party splits in this election, I don't think Cruz would want to be seen as the cause. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 07:46:04 pm by CommerceComet »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As usual, Huckabee continues to mistakenly believe he is relevant.

Well, you're talking about him @Vulcan   :whistle:

Offline Vulcan

Well, you're talking about him @Vulcan   :whistle:

I also sometimes talk about Paris Hilton, and how lifelong liberal Donald Trump is the Paris Hilton of politics.  That doesn't make her relevant, either.

geronl

Personally, I think that this is much ado about nothing. I fully expect Cruz to lay out a nice conservative vision, focusing on areas that don't conflict too much with Trump's agenda, and then will endorse Trump (but it might be less than enthusiastic).

Then he can prepare for life after politics, because endorsing Trump would be the end of it

geronl

Considering only the political angle, Cruz would be probably be best served by being seen as a loyal although dissenting soldier. If the Republican Party splits in this election, I don't think Cruz would want to be seen as the cause.

Loyal to conservatism, not loyal to Trump. Loyal to Trump sounds like something from Adolph Hitler's wet dreams.

Ted is obviously not the cause, it is liberalism in the face of Trump that is the cause

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Loyal to conservatism, not loyal to Trump. Loyal to Trump sounds like something from *******

Ted is obviously not the cause, it is liberalism in the face of Trump that is the cause

Keepin' it classy....

Offline CommerceComet

Then he can prepare for life after politics, because endorsing Trump would be the end of it
Has anyone ever been disqualified by supporting the party's nominee?

Cruz doesn't have to be enthusiastic in his support nor campaign for Trump. Everyone will see his endorsement as anti-Hillary, rather than pro-Trump.

Cruz should follow the example of Ronald Reagan in 1976. Reagan knew that he had a better vision for America and that he would be a better candidate than Ford but played the loyal soldier without compromising his principles after losing in a bitter primary season. 

Silver Pines

Has anyone ever been disqualified by supporting the party's nominee?

Cruz doesn't have to be enthusiastic in his support nor campaign for Trump. Everyone will see his endorsement as anti-Hillary, rather than pro-Trump.

Cruz should follow the example of Ronald Reagan in 1976. Reagan knew that he had a better vision for America and that he would be a better candidate than Ford but played the loyal soldier without compromising his principles after losing in a bitter primary season.

I disagree.  Ford didn't belittle Nancy Reagan's appearance or attempt to tie any of Reagan's family to a murder. 

There are more important things than elections, endorsements, and political parties.  Family is one of those things.  Cruz, being a decent man who loves his wife and his father, no doubt understands this.

Offline HootOwl

Hucka bee is attempting to keep the conservative Republicans divided.  The jerk has been a thorn --always has been.  Remember when he helped McLain get the nomination by just attacking Romney--so Romney withdrew--and huck could come in second in2008.   He and Christie want to be president   sooooo bad.  Huckabee is by far more liberal than most of the candidates were. Trump  invited Cruz to speak  and  it is Trump's convention.  Is  Yuckster jealous  that Trump didn't ask him to speak?http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/Smileys/default/th_seeya.gif

Offline HootOwl

Hucka bee is attempting to keep the conservative Republicans divided.  The jerk has been a thorn --always has been.  Remember when he helped McLain get the nomination by just attacking Romney--so Romney withdrew--and huck could come in second in2008.   He and Christie want to be president   sooooo bad.  Huckabee is by far more liberal than most of the candidates were. Trump  invited Cruz to speak  and  it is Trump's convention.  Is  Yuckster jealous  that Trump didn't ask him to speak?   :seeya:

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Here is the poop on that!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/07/09/caitlyn-jenner-headed-cleveland-during-gop-convention/86897102/

Photo: Kevin Winters, Getty Images
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist