Author Topic: A curveball in Trump’s Veep search: He’s seriously considering a retired general  (Read 8377 times)

Offline sinkspur

When asked about his views on abortion, a major topic that divides conservatives and liberals, Flynn shared an opinion that is not likely to go over well with Republicans should Trump appoint him as his running mate.

“I think women have to be able to choose what they … you know, sort of a right of choice,” he said, adding, “but I think that’s a difficult legal decision, and I think that women are so important in that decision-making process. They are the ones that have to make the decision because they are the ones that are going to decide whether to bring up that child or not.”

At 4:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvdAaygkBoU

Flynn rambles incoherently as Trump does.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kevindavis007

Or maybe Melania will set a new trend and dump his sorry fat self and those creepy grandma lips, trading in for a better and newer model.  Sweeter still, a richer model.  That would hurt his ego big time.

Well after this election he might be broke.. So I can see that happening.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I think he should choose Newt.  That way when Trump goes off the rails in the first 100 days, Congress can impeach him and put Mr. Newt in charge...

For the record, in 2008 I voted Rove-Rumsfeld...

:beer:

Offline ArneFufkin

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

He might want to check with Ross Perot on how that strategery worked out last time.

Flynn is nothing like Stockdale.  He's sharp, dialed in, media savvy and a perfect guy to disembowel the Obama/Hillary geopolitical disaster.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Flynn is nothing like Stockdale.  He's sharp, dialed in, media savvy and a perfect guy to disembowel the Obama/Hillary geopolitical disaster.
Give Flynn a tour in the old Hanoi Hilton, and we'll see how he does. Stockdale was not a politician, and did not have good coaches, but is a man who will ever have my respect. The MSM went after him because he 1: was military during the Vietnam War, 2: had been a POW, and defied the communists, and 3: they didn't like Ross Perot then any more than they liked the TEA party groups or other things which challenge their narrative. Some make-up and lighting tricks will make anyone look bad, and enough distractions in the background for someone not used to such will make their commentary seem disjointed.

As for Flynn,  he gets to salute Adm Stockdale whenever, wherever, by virtue of the CMH awarded to the Admiral for his defiance of the North Vietnamese while a guest at the Hanoi Hilton.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

Give Flynn a tour in the old Hanoi Hilton, and we'll see how he does. Stockdale was not a politician, and did not have good coaches, but is a man who will ever have my respect. The MSM went after him because he 1: was military during the Vietnam War, 2: had been a POW, and defied the communists, and 3: they didn't like Ross Perot then any more than they liked the TEA party groups or other things which challenge their narrative. Some make-up and lighting tricks will make anyone look bad, and enough distractions in the background for someone not used to such will make their commentary seem disjointed.

As for Flynn,  he gets to salute Adm Stockdale whenever, wherever, by virtue of the CMH awarded to the Admiral for his defiance of the North Vietnamese while a guest at the Hanoi Hilton.

Trump would think Stockdale  "Was not a War Hero".   Trump only likes heroes  that weren't captured.

Online Smokin Joe

Trump would think Stockdale  "Was not a War Hero".   Trump only likes heroes  that weren't captured.
I'm no fanboy type. I have few "heroes" in my life, not by virtue of knowing few who are or were deserving of that title, but because I have been blessed to know so many.

Some for their military service, my father, who will ever be my hero for many reasons, my grandfathers who carved out their farms with children at their knee, used the timber to build barns and out buildings and a house and prevailed in tough times, others, including my mother, who took on established corruption with little hope of prevailing, but persisted because it was the right thing to do. All had/have the courage to prevail or persist against difficult odds. There have been many I know personally, and few I revere I have not. I have never met Admiral Stockdale, but he is one of the few.

Imho, Trump is not fit to clean the mud off their shoes.  Having been blessed by knowing all of them, makes it easy to see what he isn't.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

I'm no fanboy type. <snip.

Imho, Trump is not fit to clean the mud off their shoes.  Having been blessed by knowing all of them, makes it easy to see what he isn't.

That is the Gods honest truth.  Not only is he not fit.... Trump is the stuff they cleaned off their boots. 

geronl

and he knew how to get the most out of people, delegating authority from the top down.

He was better at that than Trump is.

geronl

Manson was a bad man, a very bad man, BUT he was a good leader who picked the right people for the job and he inspired those people to get the job done!

Ewwww, I just creeped myself out!

I bet!

Offline Hank Rearden

He could choose Newt for his Chief of Staff.  Newt could keep him from falling on his face every minute as regards how this government works.

Newt would be a horrible Chief of Staff. Remember what caused his downfall as Speaker.

Like Trump (and many other extroverts), Newt has a propensity to brainstorm out loud when talking to other people (e.g. giving interviews). What's said is often big picture and contradictory as they work through a particular issue before reaching a conclusion (an introvert does this through internal dialogue before opening his mouth with a conclusion).

Neither Trump nor Newt is detail-oriented and the Chief of Staff must be.  ****sheep****

For Chief of Staff, Trump needs a heavy hitter bureaucrat from Capitol Hill, someone who has run the staff for the Speaker, Senate Majority Leader, or a major committee (e.g. House Ways & Means). This could be a current congressional senior staffer or someone who serves as a Congressman that rose through ranks on Capitol Hill as a staffer before running for Congress.
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans." - Gen. Robert E. Lee

Offline Henry Noel

Manson was a bad man, a very bad man, BUT he was a good leader who picked the right people for the job and he inspired those people to get the job done!

Ewwww, I just creeped myself out!

Trump/Manson in 2016! Make America Great Again!
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Wingnut

Offline ScottinVA

He could choose Newt for his Chief of Staff.  Newt could keep him from falling on his face every minute as regards how this government works.

The problem with Newt is he has too much of a penchant for unforced, mystifying errors.  He's like a pitcher in a baseball game who, midway through a no-hitter, suddenly and inexplicably throw the ball into the outfield.

Online Smokin Joe

Trump/Manson in 2016!!

They're to die for!
I can hear their supporters now: "If you don't like them, fork you!"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:21:54 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I can hear their supporters now: "If you don't like them, fork you!"

Trump/Tyson 2016

They'll be a big hit
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You're assuming that Trump would actually listen to any advice Newt gave him.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

Trump/Tyson 2016

They'll be a big hit

Trump/Tyson 2016
We'll take a bite out of the competition.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
God help us all...if Pribus stands up there in Cleveland and introduces two Liberal East Coast Democrats (Flynn is from Rhode Island) as the Republican ticket for 2016...then the prediction from some here that the Republican Party as we know it is finished will have come to fruition.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bunny Watson

Trump/Tyson 2016
We'll take a bite out of the competition.

Trump/Tyson 2016
Ears to you, America!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Just heard LTG Flynn on Mark Kevin's show on my way home. While I think he would ! make a horrible VP choice...I think he would make an excellent DNI or DHS Secretary. There is certainly no love lost between him Obama, Hillary or Kerry that's for sure. Couple things I found interesting from the interview:

During his time running hr the Defense Intelligence Agency he never met with Obama to discuss intelligence issues or strategies.

Obama's inner circle would alter DIA based reports tontake out any reference to Radical Islam.

Says that in the same way we fought Communism in the 20th Century...the 21st Century fight will be against Islamic Terrorists.