Author Topic: Donald Trump Trying To Be ‘A Racial Healer,’ Gov. Mary Fallin Says  (Read 903 times)

Offline RedHead

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racial-healer_us_578261cae4b0c590f7e9bfab?section=

Comments Donald Trump issued in the wake of police killings and the murder of five officers in Dallas have made it possible for his supporters to say with a straight face that Trump can help race relations in America.

“I think he is trying to campaign as a racial healer,” Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin (R) said on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday in response to a question from Jake Tapper.

“I think that has been part of his message, if you watch what he said this week, he talked about how devastating it was for Dallas, how we need to respect our law enforcement, to pray for those who are killed and those who are injured,” Fallin continued.

On Friday Trump called for a restoration of law and order after the Dallas killings, but in a statement he also lamented the deaths of black men at the hands of police earlier in the week.

“The senseless, tragic deaths of two people in Louisiana and Minnesota reminds us how much more needs to be done,” Trump said.

The conciliatory tone marked a break from the candidate’s habit of making inflammatory racist statements, such as when he called Mexican immigrants rapists or said an American-born judge of Mexican descent couldn’t possibly be fair because of his heritage. He also once tweeted an image that vastly overstated the percentage of murders in which whites are killed by blacks.

Offline RedHead

Does Trump's supporters honestly believe that the last 12 months haven't happened and that people weren't paying attention as Trump tweeted completely false statistics on murders and attacked a judge merely because he was of Mexican ancestry?

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Does Trump's supporters honestly believe that the last 12 months haven't happened and that people weren't paying attention as Trump tweeted completely false statistics on murders and attacked a judge merely because he was of Mexican ancestry?

They believe his farts don't stink, so they will believe anything...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

HonestJohn

Mexicans are all rapists and killers
Ban all Muslims

...such racial healing.

Saintly... to Herr Drumpf's boys.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:11:50 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Maybe Fallin is vying to be VP.  I think she is trying to show Trump she can be just as inflammatory and senseless as Trump himself.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Good luck with that. I can't wait for the next racial healing tweet.

Offline thatcher

Good luck with that. I can't wait for the next racial healing tweet.

Will go down as one of the classics of this surreal campaign season -- especially like the beauty queen photo of Marla peeking out from underneath the paper.

geronl

How did such a fool become Governor anyways

Wingnut

That right there is one funny headline.   :silly:

Racial Healing?  Wtf...I think mary was thinking about Marvin Gaye not Donald trump.....

Get up, get up, get up, get up!
Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up!
Oh, baby now let's get down tonight
Ooh baby, I'm hot just like an oven
I need some lovin'
And baby, I can't hold it much longer
It's getting stronger and stronger
And when I get that feeling
I want racial healing
Racial healing, oh baby
Makes me feel so fine

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Racial Healing?  Wtf...I think mary was thinking about Marvin Gaye not Donald trump.....

I need some lovin'
I want racial healing
Racial healing, oh baby
Makes me feel so fine
Now, now, he's just going to require everyone be painted orange...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

I need some lovin'
I want racial healing
Racial healing, oh baby
Makes me feel so fine

You bad, Wingnut!  You bad!! 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

You bad, Wingnut!  You bad!!

I try.    :shrug:   But I just can't help myself! :smokin: