Author Topic: Cruz reveals why he agreed to speak at the GOP convention  (Read 1067 times)

Offline thatcher

Cruz reveals why he agreed to speak at the GOP convention
« on: July 08, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »

Unlike Trump, Cruz respects the 1A -- he doesn't b**ch and moan about how 'unfair' the press is -- he gets his point across in a subtle, accurate way.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said he will speak at the GOP convention this month to defend conservative principles and make a case for how conservatives should move forward.

Cruz told Glenn Beck that he accepted Donald Trump's invitation to speak at the convention, but reiterated that there was "no discussion whatsoever" of any endorsement.

"Our country is facing enormous challenges and I do not believe it is the responsible choice for conservatives to shy away from defending the principles we believe in, from talking about who America is and how we go forward to get on a better path and that's what I intend to do at the convention," Cruz told Beck. "I'm going to be there to say thank you and to do my very best to lay out a vision for what we as Americans, what we as conservatives believe, and where we go forward from here."

Beck asked Cruz about Fox News personality Megyn Kelly's criticism of the Texas senator's decision to go to the convention, which Cruz brushed off saying he had not watched it. He added that Fox News had a right to express its "corporate opinions" and had done so at "great volume" during the primaries.

Whether Cruz will appear sympathetic to Trump at the convention is yet unknown, but the senator insisted his attendance comes as a result of the obligation he felt to his delegates and supporters.

Read more:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cruz-reveals-why-he-agreed-to-speak-at-the-gop-convention/article/2595976?custom_click=rss

Offline kjam22

Re: Cruz reveals why he agreed to speak at the GOP convention
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 05:58:58 pm »
Unlike Trump, Cruz respects the 1A -- he doesn't b**ch and moan about how 'unfair' the press is -- he gets his point across in a subtle, accurate way.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said he will speak at the GOP convention this month to defend conservative principles and make a case for how conservatives should move forward.

Cruz told Glenn Beck that he accepted Donald Trump's invitation to speak at the convention, but reiterated that there was "no discussion whatsoever" of any endorsement.

"Our country is facing enormous challenges and I do not believe it is the responsible choice for conservatives to shy away from defending the principles we believe in, from talking about who America is and how we go forward to get on a better path and that's what I intend to do at the convention," Cruz told Beck. "I'm going to be there to say thank you and to do my very best to lay out a vision for what we as Americans, what we as conservatives believe, and where we go forward from here."

Beck asked Cruz about Fox News personality Megyn Kelly's criticism of the Texas senator's decision to go to the convention, which Cruz brushed off saying he had not watched it. He added that Fox News had a right to express its "corporate opinions" and had done so at "great volume" during the primaries.

Whether Cruz will appear sympathetic to Trump at the convention is yet unknown, but the senator insisted his attendance comes as a result of the obligation he felt to his delegates and supporters.

Read more:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cruz-reveals-why-he-agreed-to-speak-at-the-gop-convention/article/2595976?custom_click=rss

He needs to be there so he can accept the nomination after the Trump delegates #dumptrump    :)
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline thatcher

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 06:01:43 pm »
He needs to be there so he can accept the nomination after the Trump delegates #dumptrump    :)

Yes, it would look really bad if he phoned in his acceptance speech. ;-)

‏@RealBPhil

Cruz is the kind of leader that can put GOP back together after Trump. Wouldn't have cred to do that if he abandoned it at its toughest time

8:58 AM - 8 Jul 2016

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 06:01:56 pm »

I love this man!  ^-^
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 06:04:29 pm »

Love the line about Fox having the right to express its 'corporate opinions.'

Along with the other things and people Trump has destroyed or left in shambles, add Fox News.  I cannot watch them anymore...I never thought I'd turn to CNN first.  And learning about the Gretchen Carlson thing was just another last straw.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 06:07:37 pm »
Ted earned a speaking slot, he doesn't need Trump's permission IMO

Offline kjam22

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 06:16:11 pm »

Along with the other things and people Trump has destroyed or left in shambles, add Fox News.  I cannot watch them anymore...I never thought I'd turn to CNN first.  And learning about the Gretchen Carlson thing was just another last straw.

Agree.... I've been watching CNN for a few months now.   It really is better than Fox..... 
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 06:17:44 pm »
"Beck asked Cruz about Fox News personality Megyn Kelly's criticism of the Texas senator's decision to go to the convention, which Cruz brushed off saying he had not watched it. He added that Fox News had a right to express its "corporate opinions" and had done so at "great volume" during the primaries."

PERFECT!

:amen:

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 07:45:03 pm »

I'm with you. I never thought I would be watching CNN, but now I am. How the world has changed.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline RedHead

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 08:03:37 pm »

Somebody has to.  Trump sure won't.