Author Topic: Ivanka Trump won’t be VP…but a cabinet post? Yep, that could happen  (Read 3351 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: CNBC

URL: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/07/ivanka-trump-wont-be-vpbut-a-cabinet-post-yep-that-could-happen-commentary.html

by: Jake Novak

Tennessee Senator and now-former Donald Trump Vice Presidential finalist Bob Corker made a bit of news on Wednesday when he withdrew his name from consideration and said that Trump's best choice for a running mate just might be his daughter, Ivanka.

Was Corker half-kidding? You'd have to ask Corker, but even he did add that choosing Ivanka "wouldn't pass muster." Corker is right that Trump really can't pick Ivanka as a running mate for vice president. But for all intents and purposes, she has been acting as a virtual partner on the campaign trail and it would benefit Trump immensely to increase her role and visibility even more. And it's not just because Ivanka is well-spoken and physically attractive. To understand why she is so crucial to the Trump campaign, it's important to first understand the role family members have always played in presidential campaigns.

The biggest reason the voters are usually subjected to endless pictures, videos, and stories about the candidates' wives and children is because they almost always help to humanize the candidate. Politicians are like movie stars, despite all their protestations to the contrary they really aren't "just like us." They operate under a different set of goals, a different set priorities, and as we found out this week as the Hillary Clinton email scandal investigation wrapped up, they pretty much have a different set of rules.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Wingnut

So what Cabinet post would she be best suited for? The department of incestual affairs?

Offline sinkspur

According to US Code 5 #3110, Ivanka could not be appointed to  a Trump cabinet:

(b) A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kjam22

According to US Code 5 #3110, Ivanka could not be appointed to  a Trump cabinet:

Laws are for little people.....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline chae

This law was the main reason why Hilary was never Attorney general.  I believe it was passed because of the Kennedys.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You guyz make me smile.

Donald Trump can create an advisory office right off the Oval Office, and pay Ivanka minimum wage.  Make her his personal secretary.

And she can wield the same level of power as Valerie currently enjoys.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gov Bean Counter

You guyz make me smile.

Donald Trump can create an advisory office right off the Oval Office, and pay Ivanka minimum wage.  Make her his personal secretary.

And she would be equally as unqualified as VJ.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline RedHead

It's CNBC. 

Offline RedHead

You guyz make me smile.

He can certainly appoint her to a non-cabinet position in the Executive branch.  But the claim was that Trump could have her in the cabinet and that's not the case.

Online DCPatriot

He can certainly appoint her to a non-cabinet position in the Executive branch.  But the claim was that Trump could have her in the cabinet and that's not the case.

Ahh.....you're right!   Sorry!     :patriot:

I was responding to the parade of glee from the drone corps, and say he could create a position every bit as powerful as any cabinet position.

In fact...the Cabinet heads will be going thru Ivanka to get to Donald. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RedHead

That presupposes a Trump win which I don't think is likely.  But in the event I'm wrong I think Ivanka and her brothers will still be fully occupied trying to keep the Trump Organization afloat.

Online DCPatriot

That presupposes a Trump win which I don't think is likely.  But in the event I'm wrong I think Ivanka and her brothers will still be fully occupied trying to keep the Trump Organization afloat.

I agree.

But....I predicted last Fall that Ivanka Trump has a better chance of becoming the first female POTUS...than anybody else.

Placing her in the White House would be the way to get there.

geronl

That just makes this all sound worse and worse.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I can see Ivanka being a non-appointed assistant to Trump ... maybe one with ultimate power.

"At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
SOURCE: CNBC

URL: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/07/ivanka-trump-wont-be-vpbut-a-cabinet-post-yep-that-could-happen-commentary.html

by: Jake Novak

Tennessee Senator and now-former Donald Trump Vice Presidential finalist Bob Corker made a bit of news on Wednesday when he withdrew his name from consideration and said that Trump's best choice for a running mate just might be his daughter, Ivanka.

Was Corker half-kidding? You'd have to ask Corker, but even he did add that choosing Ivanka "wouldn't pass muster." Corker is right that Trump really can't pick Ivanka as a running mate for vice president. But for all intents and purposes, she has been acting as a virtual partner on the campaign trail and it would benefit Trump immensely to increase her role and visibility even more. And it's not just because Ivanka is well-spoken and physically attractive. To understand why she is so crucial to the Trump campaign, it's important to first understand the role family members have always played in presidential campaigns.

The biggest reason the voters are usually subjected to endless pictures, videos, and stories about the candidates' wives and children is because they almost always help to humanize the candidate. Politicians are like movie stars, despite all their protestations to the contrary they really aren't "just like us." They operate under a different set of goals, a different set priorities, and as we found out this week as the Hillary Clinton email scandal investigation wrapped up, they pretty much have a different set of rules.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Kenndys, Clintons, Bushes.........  Why we are in this fix.  Please no more political dynasties.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

Kenndys, Clintons, Bushes.........  Why we are in this fix.  Please no more political dynasties.

Trump isn't/won't be a dynasty.  More like travesty.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Right now Ivanka is not 35. She turns 35 in November. I don't know what that means- she would be 35 assuming Trump is elected and takes office in January. But she's not 35 for the Convention.

If anyone here saw the "House of Cards" 4th season on Netflix, both husband and wife ran for President and Vice-President. I don't know if that is actually legal or not, but it made good drama.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

geronl

If anyone here saw the "House of Cards" 4th season on Netflix, both husband and wife ran for President and Vice-President. I don't know if that is actually legal or not, but it made good drama.

Cannot be from the same state

Online DCPatriot

Nepotism really shakes things up.

She's his protege, @Nickname

She's the Good Cop in the routine.

Offline Mechanicos

Oh its very likely Trump will win. LS at TOS did an analysis of real world data and posted this:

Trends are Rapidly Lining up for Big Trump Win
By LS.

Traditional pollsters and polidiot pundits---which by definition includes every GOPe/neverTrump blogger ever to see a birth canal---are about to get another election badly, badly wrong.

As if the Brexit poll (final Independent was off by a mere 14 points) and the seven straight misses by Nate Silver and the stunning 22-point error on the Democrat primary race in Michigan . . . well, you'd think somewhere someone would say, "Hold on. Let's reconsider our assumptions."

Pew has a survey Strong Interest in Campaign showing that more than 70% of Americans are very engaged in this election.(1.)  Of course, Pew shows no one likes either candidate, but that's hogwash. If you don't like any flavor in the ice cream shop, you don't go. You don't read their ads, and you sure don't pay attention.

No, this election is lining up as a very, very big turnout. GOP turnout this season set records, and was up huge over Romney's in 2012---62%---and 36% higher than the previous record turnout against Zero in 2008. All totaled, GOP candidates got 4 million more primary votes than Dems. Meanwhile, according to Breitbart Democrat turnout is down big---almost 20%. (2.)

That's GOP up 36%, Dems down 20%, in a race where 72% of the people are already really, really paying attention.

But wait, it gets better for Trump: Rasmussen today shows Trump holding a shocking 20 point lead (!!) among Independents. That is a whopping 15 points higher than Minion Romney had in 2012, when he supposedly was "doing well" with Indies. (3.)

These three factors: Massive voter interest, monster GOP turnout/much lower Dem turnout, and a gigantic lead among independents all suggest that Conservative Treehouse is correct in its estimates that Trump will get over 70 million votes and win an big electoral college victory. (Technically, you can 't have a "landslide" without NY, CA, and IL, but Trump will carry most of the other states Obama carried in 2012).

Finally, all elections are about hope or fear (or, if you're on Wall Street, greed and fear). In 2008, Obama tapped into the hope angle: millions of white Americans, hoping to "put racism behind us," voted for a black president whom they most likely disagreed with on most issues. After seven years, it's clear Obama had no intention of burying racism. Quite the contrary, he has exploited it and fanned it. The Dallas shootings are just one more indicator that Obama and the Democrats have been a disaster for the country, and their destruction of the nation has been deliberate. Fear of our nation drifting into the toilet will also work to Trump's advantage as it did Nixon's in 1968 and Reagan's in 1980.

Let's pray we survive long enough to have another election.

1. http://www.people-press.org/2016/07/07/2016-campaign-strong-interest-widespread-dissatisfaction%22;

2. http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/04/26/exclusive-data-analysis-democrat-turnout-collapses-4-5-million-nearly-20-percent-2016-versus-2008/

3. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DailyNewsletter

Research performed by LS here http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3447502/posts
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

I agree.

But....I predicted last Fall that Ivanka Trump has a better chance of becoming the first female POTUS...than anybody else.

Placing her in the White House would be the way to get there.

No.  There is simply nothing in her background (as is there is not in Trump's background) to qualify her for the White House.

Cute is not a qualification.

geronl

The fact that some even seriously contemplate this is sad.

Offline sinkspur

Oh its very likely Trump will win. LS at TOS did an analysis of real world data and posted this:

These three factors: Massive voter interest, monster GOP turnout/much lower Dem turnout, and a gigantic lead among independents all suggest that Conservative Treehouse is correct in its estimates that Trump will get over 70 million votes and win an big electoral college victory. (Technically, you can 't have a "landslide" without NY, CA, and IL, but Trump will carry most of the other states Obama carried in 2012).

I once respected Larry, but he's off the rails with this stupidity.  Trump is going to carry most other states Obama carried? Ludicrous.  And if he's using ConservativeTreehouse.com as his source. nobody should pay attention to any of this tripe.

Offline Stosh

There's no way in heck Killary would appoint her to a cabinet post...she has too many supporters (bribes) to pay off.

geronl

I once respected Larry, but he's off the rails with this stupidity.  Trump is going to carry most other states Obama carried? Ludicrous.  And if he's using ConservativeTreehouse.com as his source. nobody should pay attention to any of this tripe.
(Technically, you can 't have a "landslide" without NY, CA, and IL, but Trump will carry most of the other states Obama carried in 2012).

That is the most insane thing I have heard in hours and hours.