Author Topic: After Trump Meeting, Republicans Project Image of Unity......  (Read 796 times)

Offline WAC

(For the record....almost every republican showed up for this meeting)

The meetings near the Capitol were Trump’s first sit-down with the ''full House Republican and Senate conferences.""....

.... many came away saying he can unify their party for the November election,................."It was a great unifying speech," said Representative Tom Price of Georgia, who said the presumptive Republican presidential nominee spoke about issues party members agree on, such as their long-stated desire to repeal Obamacare.

Forty-one of the 54 Republican 'senators' attended the second meeting, said Don Stewart, spokesman for Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. McConnell called the session a "good meeting, good discussion, very good attendance."

I was one of Trump’s most vociferous opponents and I’m now one of his most committed supporters," Representative Trent Franks of Arizona said after the meeting.

"I thought it was a great meeting. It was fantastic," said Representative Tim Huelskamp of Kansas, who said it was his first time hearing Trump in person. "I walked out of there saying this guy’s going to beat Hillary Clinton. That’s the beginning of the end of Hillary."

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-07-07/after-trump-meeting-house-republicans-project-image-of-unity

Trump arriving at meeting....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: After Trump Meeting, Republicans Project Image of Unity......
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:59:16 pm »
@WAC

Thanks so much for posting this.  It's so nice to read really good news for a change!!   :beer:

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:09:09 pm »
Which means that roughly a quarter of the Republican senators and about a fifth of Republican congressmen did not attend the meetings.  Of those who did attend a significant minority came away unsold on their candidate.  And that's good news to you?

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:36:53 pm »
We already know that the establishment are morons.

many came away saying he can unify their party for the November election,

They keep proving it.

Offline WAC

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:40:52 pm »
@WAC

Thanks so much for posting this.  It's so nice to read really good news for a change!!   :beer:

Yep....the mainline news is doing all they can to take down Trump so Hillary can rise....it's the only way she can win because she's got nothing of her own to stand on, so the only thing they have is to slander in their corner against Trump.....

People forget too easily the Media is on board for Hillary for the most part....and alot of what they're saying is a republican revolt against Trump really is pushed by the Clinton and Obama machine to drive people away from Trump to Hillary....

Offline WAC

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:51:07 pm »

I have to say that Trump meeting with the Full House and Senate as he did was a powerful move as they got to hear Trump and ask questions "behind closed doors".....which was a good thing IMO.
This was a good move for all...and of course hearing Ted say he'd be "happy" to speak at Conference and would be working with Trump on that whih they agree was also encouraging...add Newt in the mix out there in Trumps court  is also a plus....I suspect many more will now get behind Trump as the Convention is just a couple weeks off now.

Exciting events ahead to be sure....watch and be ready to celebrate!
Remember these two are not strangers.....

Offline WAC

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 12:01:08 am »
  Of those who did attend a significant minority came away unsold on their candidate.  And that's good news to you?

That would depend on what you mean by 'significant'.....besides there were very few.  Furthermore this is to be expected with the Convention so close now....they certainly aren't going to let Hillary win, and they certainly aren't going to let a GOPe coup hyjack it either so that the good old boys continue to run things....

Like Trump or not....he will shake Washington  and should Cruz endorse him, as I think he will at convention, then it's a good go for us all in the General as they will be in lockstep to the finish line......

As mentioned...Hillary's got nothing to stand on except a full court Press hammering Trump...that's it...so all she's going to do is go after him with their help....we saw this today in their headlines when this was actually a very good meaning that's not what the MSM said.....as they got pants in a knot proclaiming how awful it was....it wasn't.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 12:43:58 am »
I have to say that Trump meeting with the Full House and Senate as he did was a powerful move as they got to hear Trump and ask questions "behind closed doors".....which was a good thing IMO.
This was a good move for all...and of course hearing Ted say he'd be "happy" to speak at Conference and would be working with Trump on that whih they agree was also encouraging...add Newt in the mix out there in Trumps court  is also a plus....I suspect many more will now get behind Trump as the Convention is just a couple weeks off now.

Exciting events ahead to be sure....watch and be ready to celebrate!

WAC, this is a serious request for information.  I'm curious to know what it was like when you fell asleep and the pod took you over.  Did it slide out from under your bed?  Was there a WAC-like dummy inside it?  What sensations did you experience?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 12:55:53 am »
That would depend on what you mean by 'significant'.....besides there were very few.  Furthermore this is to be expected with the Convention so close now....they certainly aren't going to let Hillary win, and they certainly aren't going to let a GOPe coup hyjack it either so that the good old boys continue to run things....

Like Trump or not....he will shake Washington  and should Cruz endorse him, as I think he will at convention, then it's a good go for us all in the General as they will be in lockstep to the finish line......

As mentioned...Hillary's got nothing to stand on except a full court Press hammering Trump...that's it...so all she's going to do is go after him with their help....we saw this today in their headlines when this was actually a very good meaning that's not what the MSM said.....as they got pants in a knot proclaiming how awful it was....it wasn't.

I appreciate that you have been one of the more positive, less condescending Trump supporters around, and I respect your enthusiasm.

HOWEVER - forgetting his boorish behavior and his contemptible treatment of the guy I supported during the primaries. I simply cannot get excited about Trump the presumptive nominee until I see some concrete proposals from him. He does not speak of any. I don't want to hear about Trump U or Scotland golf courses. I want to know what he's going to do the first day, year, term in office.

Honestly, I cannot think of any policy he's been specific about, or one he hasn't walked back.

Believe me, I WANT him t give me a reason to vote for him. He hasn't, and there is only 4.5 months until election day.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:58:17 am by skeeter »

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 01:01:43 am »
Trump and the GOP just like peas and carrots

Offline RedHead

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 01:05:25 am »

They're not friends or admirers either.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 01:10:39 am »
This election is about Trump.  It's been about Trump for the last two months.

If it remains a referendum on Trump, Trump loses.   So, in order for him to win, he has to make it about Hillary.

He had the chance, the last two nights.  Instead, he made it about him, and Saddam, and Stars and sticker books.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 02:30:10 pm »
WAC, this is a serious request for information.  I'm curious to know what it was like when you fell asleep and the pod took you over.  Did it slide out from under your bed?  Was there a WAC-like dummy inside it?  What sensations did you experience?

I don't know how to put a response to your post nicely....so I won't...enough to say that I see you lack the power of conversation at the moment but not the power of speech.

Offline WAC

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 03:19:38 pm »
They're not friends or admirers either.

Trump and  Cruz r stood together up against Iran and Obama on the Iran deal.....at a time they were competing....and they will stand together likewise on other issues that affect this nation.... one with business sense and one with political sense....and they both recognize this in one another. 

Since  Republicans do control both houses, I will do whatever it takes to maintain the good men we have within both houses working for our constitutional freedoms and rights and to establish a Presidency that will enlarge that. Hillary will rapidly change that equation we now have.  Though I've certainly heard the complaints about Congress I will support those who Cruz has ready and willing to move on the issues I care about within Congress.... and that even if it means a Trump Presidency.

Do not underestimate Cruz's ability to go after what he wants for this nation ....he is the only man I know of, and a few others who know how to manage Trump and will.

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 03:23:25 pm »
I don't know how to put a response to your post nicely....so I won't...enough to say that I see you lack the power of conversation at the moment but not the power of speech.

I just wish you could really hear the way you sound.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 03:38:27 pm »
Trump and  Cruz r stood together up against Iran and Obama on the Iran deal

Trump does not oppose the Iran deal.