Author Topic: There is more to the shooting in Minnesota than I realized.  (Read 993 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Apparently the narrative that a trigger happy cop simply shot an innocent man is not so clear cut as it first appeared. 

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/the-curious-case-of-philando-castile-falcon-heights-mn-police-shooting/

The man has a very strong resemblance to an armed robbery suspect for an armed robbery which occurred in the vicinity,  and for which the cops had been looking for a few days.   

And here is a picture of the shot man which I will not post because it shows blood,  but which the non-squeamish can view Here. 

Eye glasses?   Check.

Short Dreadlocks?  Check.

Mustache and Chin hair?  Check. 

Height,  physique,  and race?  Check. 

Has a gun?   Check.   

Now we know why the cop was so jumpy.   If you compare the two pictures,   they guy looks like a dead ringer for the armed robbery suspect.   Also,  it appears he did not have a Concealed Carry license as claimed by the girlfriend.     

Read more of the background to this story.   It has caused me to have doubts at what I initially thought was a case of overzealous cop.   

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/the-curious-case-of-philando-castile-falcon-heights-mn-police-shooting/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

Re: There is more to the shooting in Minnesota than I realized.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 03:06:12 pm »
Thanks, but I'm not going to give that site any clicks.  I'll wait and see if any reputable sources pick this up.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 03:11:32 pm »
I think we need a more reputable source. Conservative Treehouse (which isn't very reputable) is citing Got News which is even less credible and they are making very thin connections. (and the gang member evidence is pretty laughable- proof, he is wearing plaid and holding booze in some of his photos like a gang member would.. ) A robbery a week earlier MAY explain the jumpy cop, but a jumpy cop doesn't justify the shooting. Also, they apparently pulled the claim he didn't have a concealed carry license (some media already ran the info he did).

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 03:14:09 pm »
Thanks, but I'm not going to give that site any clicks.  I'll wait and see if any reputable sources pick this up.

"Sundance"  went over into crazy land during the primary.    I never saw so much unmitigated kookery from someone I had formerly considered rational.   

He developed some sort of madness during the time he was pushing Trump as his candidate,   but I have come to realize that even kooks can be rational so long as you keep them away from their kookery inducing topics.   

He's still a good researcher,   but we should all apply our own "reasonability filters"  to everything we read on the internet. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 03:20:41 pm »
I think we need a more reputable source. Conservative Treehouse (which isn't very reputable) is citing Got News which is even less credible and they are making very thin connections. (and the gang member evidence is pretty laughable- proof, he is wearing plaid and holding booze in some of his photos like a gang member would.. )

I agree.   I thought that was a completely unsupportable claim based on what "evidence"  he presented in an effort to support it.   That assertion looked to me like it was put forth by someone with no familiarity with black culture.   

No,  showing gang signs and wearing "gang style"  clothing does not make one a gang member.    In certain segments of black culture,  that is just how the "cool people"   dress and act.   

I will point out that my initial post focused on the very close resemblance between the armed robbery suspect and the shooting victim.   

A robbery a week earlier MAY explain the jumpy cop, but a jumpy cop doesn't justify the shooting. Also, they apparently pulled the claim he didn't have a concealed carry license (some media already ran the info he did).

I thought that assertion was also weak.  Claiming two counties had no record of a concealed carry license does not establish it as a fact.    You would have to check every county in the state before you could make such a claim.  (Assuming the license might have been issued in *THAT*  state.)   

"Sundance" does have a tendency to rely too heavily on assumption and innuendo,   but I thought the part about the suspect very strongly resembling the shooting victim was a valid point. 

— Lord Melbourne —