Author Topic: The Uncomfortable Reason Why It Came To This In Dallas Yesterday  (Read 4869 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: The Uncomfortable Reason Why It Came To This In Dallas Yesterday
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 04:11:11 pm »
A cop who walks up on a traffic stop with his hand on his gun is sending a message, and it's not a good one.  We know you can use that thing, officer.  Don't be confrontational without a need to be.

Given the event today, and the rhetoric of the BLM movement, I am very happy not to be a policeman, particularly in an urban environment.  I think anytime I entered into an inter-racial situation I'd be very cognizant as to the location of my firearm.  That may sound racist, but it is not without reasonable foundation.

Whether we like it or not, the world operates on stereotypes.  If movements such as BLM are generally embraced within a particular community, the police have to assume hostility in certain situations.  If African-Americans want to see changes in how they are treated by police, including by black policemen, they should vent their anger toward the gangsters and criminals who are ruining the communities rather than the police who are trying to make these communities safer.  If Black Lives really Matter then the movement should go after the perpetrators of black-on-black crime, because they are the ones ruining the cities, not the police.

Is there one black leader, Democrat politician or MSM outlet with the guts to say this?  No, because it would not serve the greater political purpose of legitimizing perceived victimhood and the need for "compassionate" Democrats to run things.

Offline WAC

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 04:29:42 pm »
WIth less cops we'd have more scared cops, and a scared cop is a dangerous cop. More incidents.
Maybe the Trumpsters are right about the NeverTrumps: nothing more than a bunch of pseudointellectual phonies.

If these Black Power thugs think Americans won't stand with the police they have another thing coming.....

Offline RedHead

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2016, 04:46:22 pm »
If these Black Power thugs think Americans won't stand with the police they have another thing coming.....

I will stand with the police when the police deserve the support.  I will not stand by them when they abuse their authority and innocent people die. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2016, 04:51:54 pm »
I will stand with the police when the police deserve the support.  I will not stand by them when they abuse their authority and innocent people die.

So you condone this killing?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2016, 04:59:03 pm »
Maybe the Trumpsters are right about the NeverTrumps: nothing more than a bunch of pseudointellectual phonies.

Remember, the NeverTrumps have to be OK with the PresidentHillary result of their position, and have to be OK with ALL that entails, including Loretta Lynch continuing as Attorney General or even nominated as a Supreme Court Justice.  The natural, negative consequences of their positions do not matter to them.  The accelerating spiral of the US into oblivion and violence does not matter to them.
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2016, 05:31:39 pm »
So you condone this killing?

What part of "I will stand by police when they deserve my support" do you not understand?  No, I don't condone these killing.  There was no justification for them.  Now if it is shown that there was no justification for the shootings in Baton Rouge and Minnesota will you continue to stand by the police officers?

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2016, 05:58:35 pm »

But they are entitled to a presumption of innocence aren't they?

Individual police officers are.

Police Departments are not. They are the government. Conservatives protect against overreaching government.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »
I was annoyed with this column.  It started out okay and then went into convoluted circles ending up with blaming cops for their attitudes in the 40's and 50's.

What a reach.

If Blacks as a whole cannot be blamed for the actions of some, police officers shouldn't be either.

One good option is the police cam.  Film everything you do.  Easy with today's technology and has already proven to exonerate some police officers accused of unfair treatment.

As long as we have leadership that thinks a 'beer summit' is the way to solve problems, we'll get nowhere with this.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline oldno7

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2016, 08:10:47 pm »
I'm troubled that anyone in our country can get pulled over for a busted taillight and ultimately killed.

My friend's partner is paralyzed after stopping a motorist to tell him his taillight was out.

The guy had just committed a robbery and pumped multiple shots into him at close range.  One that went through the arm hole of his vest hit his spine.

At least he survived, after surgical miracles.

One problem is, the cops never know what they are actually facing.

Another problem is that civilians don't know what a cop knows. For example: Is a murder suspect on the loose with that description? The cop might be more firm in commands.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2016, 08:13:08 pm »
http://beta.dallasnews.com/news/news-commentary/2016/07/08/city-let-terrorism-win?_ga=1.239387456.21443080.1468005116

If this is a column by Jacqueline Floyd, it says nothing and means nothing.  She is a self-righteous, bleeding heart liberal who thinks she's all that.

When I lived in the Dallas area and took the paper, I used to get a marks-a-lot and write 'bitch' over her columns.  Stupid but satisfying.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2016, 08:16:30 pm »
If this is a column by Jacqueline Floyd, it says nothing and means nothing.  She is a self-righteous, bleeding heart liberal who thinks she's all that.

When I lived in the Dallas area and took the paper, I used to get a marks-a-lot and write 'bitch' over her columns.  Stupid but satisfying.

It's actually a pretty good column.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2016, 08:18:03 pm »
Nonsense.  Few cops are killed on traffic stops.  Very few.

On average, more than 6 per year. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2016, 08:20:09 pm »
It's actually a pretty good column.

It sounds good but what does it really say and what does it mean?

All pablum, no solutions, no blame.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 08:22:47 pm »
It sounds good but what does it really say and what does it mean?

All pablum, no solutions, no blame.

Well, yeah.   I'm pretty sure the shooter is to blame.

Offline WAC

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »

THIS IS UTTERLY DISGUSTING...WHAT A WITCH HILLARY IS!!!!!.

Listening to Hillary speaking on the Dallas cop shooting...and she's pandering to the black community....what a witch!!!!

She says there's a disconnect between the officers and the public........"too many African- American have been killed by police officers....
There's bias and racism in this country against the black community....I've been working to close the racial divide My whole life....I'm heartbroken we have to do this year after year...I call on 'white people' to put ourselves in their shoes who have to have the talk about how to protect themselves...I'm going to be talking to' white people' to listen to the cries of our african aMerican citizens...

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2016, 08:42:46 pm »
Some people should not be wearing a badge - period.   They are either undertrained - blame the department, or they have some issues that were not caught during screening. But it is a very very small minority, and the numbers of these cases percentage-wise are probably the smallest in history.

You want a taste of reality, police departments from early to mid 20th century were chock full of corruption and lawlessness. And it wasn't just in Chicago and New York where the Mob was a huge influence, Many small towns had their own corrupted cops, including KKK members who wore the badge.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:30:53 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2016, 08:43:21 pm »
In 2012, according to the CDC, 140 blacks were killed by police. That same year 386 whites were killed by police. Over the 13-year period from 1999 to 2011, the CDC reports that 2,151 whites were killed by cops — and 1,130 blacks were killed by cops.

Police shootings, nationwide, are down dramatically from what they were 20 or 30 years ago. The CDC reported that in 1968, shootings by law enforcement — called “legal intervention” by the CDC — was the cause of death for 8.6 out of every million blacks. For whites the rate was was .9 deaths per million

By 2011, law enforcement shootings caused 2.74 deaths for every million blacks, and 1.28 deaths for every million whites. While the death-by-cop rate for whites has held pretty steady over these last 45 years, hovering just above or below the one-in-a-million level, the rate for blacks has fallen. In 1981, black deaths by cop stood at four in a million, but since 2000 has remained just above or below two in a million.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2016, 08:54:37 pm »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2016, 09:01:09 pm »
And now some facts of what really happened. 

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/the-curious-case-of-philando-castile-falcon-heights-mn-police-shooting/

Confirmed, it was a felony stop of a suspected armed robber in the location where the robbery had occurred very recently and where the car and passenger matched the description in videos and witness testimonies.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/the-curious-case-of-philando-castile-falcon-heights-mn-police-shooting/

Confirmed, it was a felony stop of a suspected armed robber in the location where the robbery had occurred very recently and where the car and passenger matched the description in videos and witness testimonies.

Is there a reliable source for the info or just pseudoconservativenuthouse.com?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:32:13 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2016, 10:40:33 pm »
Is there a reliable source for the info or just pseudoconservativenuthouse.com?
Source has links get to surfing

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2016, 10:46:31 pm »

No it was not.  There is no other source for this story but the sewer that is conservativetreehouse.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2016, 10:49:02 pm »
Source has links get to surfing

None of the links are reliable either.