Author Topic: Obama Encourages Americans to Fast on Ramadan  (Read 2709 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Obama Encourages Americans to Fast on Ramadan
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2016, 03:07:36 am »
OK but I'm going to break my fast right.

And don't forget to send the right gift to any muslims you know.

There are boned versions of pork rectums???  I mean, the label had "boneless" on it to differentiate, so...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:07:55 am by HonestJohn »

Offline WAC

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 03:35:00 am »
WHAT!!!! The many hundreds of millions of dollars given by Muslim tyrants to the Democrats are so soon forgotten?

Well Here's Obamas REAL Legacy......Americans killed In Jihadists attacks in the US 'SINCE 9/11'
He's got a lot of explaining to do under his watch!

2016 Orlando Night Club Shooting.............................49
2015 San Bernardino Shooting...................................14
2015 Chattanooga, TN Military Shooting......................5
2014 Washington and New Jersey Killing Spree...........4
2014 Oklahoma Beheading ..........................................1
2013 Boston Marathon Bombing...................................4
2009 Little Rock Shooting .............................................1
2009 Fort Hood Shooting ...........................................13
2006 Seattle Jewish Federation Shooting.....................1
2002 Los Angeles Airport Shooting ..............................2

Offline WAC

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2016, 03:50:50 am »

Greenfields right....                                 "Obama doesn't seem to encourage Americans to adopt

the religious practices of any other religion. Just Islam."[/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2016, 03:24:02 pm »
Easter egg hunt at the White House and the lighting of the White House Christmas tree says that on a yearly basis, the White House does recognize Jesus.

With no ACLU witch hunt.

Are you saying the White House should stop that to better fit your beliefs?

Honest John, you are not being honest, with us or with yourself.

Lighting a Christmas tree and having an Easter egg hunt is a recognition of a holiday. These things are far from observing the religion or "recognizing Jesus" as you wrote. Moreover, Obama already recognizes Ramadan in the W.H., but his statement about fasting is beyond acknowledgement of a holiday. Obama is advocating observing and participating in a specific religious practice of Islam.

Has Obama ever said that it would be good for people to give up a vice for lent? Has Obama ever encouraged all people to fast on Yom Kippur? Has Obama ever encouraged people of all faiths to go to Church on Easter? The answer is obviously 'no', and it is obvious that he never will.

There has never been a case of a President pushing his own particular religion on the entire nation until Hussein was elected. Now, all I hear about is how wonderful and beautiful Islam is, and how evil and horrible Christianity is. I've heard this for 8 years and I am sick of it. I don't care what Obama does to appease his version of God. He can fast for Allah all year long for all I care. But please, leave me out of it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 04:05:25 pm »
Now, all I hear about is how wonderful and beautiful Islam is, and how evil and horrible Christianity is.
Obama will not say anything positive about this nation nor the Christian faith.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 05:24:54 pm »
Honest John, you are not being honest, with us or with yourself.

Lighting a Christmas tree and having an Easter egg hunt is a recognition of a holiday. These things are far from observing the religion or "recognizing Jesus" as you wrote. Moreover, Obama already recognizes Ramadan in the W.H., but his statement about fasting is beyond acknowledgement of a holiday. Obama is advocating observing and participating in a specific religious practice of Islam.

Has Obama ever said that it would be good for people to give up a vice for lent? Has Obama ever encouraged all people to fast on Yom Kippur? Has Obama ever encouraged people of all faiths to go to Church on Easter? The answer is obviously 'no', and it is obvious that he never will.

There has never been a case of a President pushing his own particular religion on the entire nation until Hussein was elected. Now, all I hear about is how wonderful and beautiful Islam is, and how evil and horrible Christianity is. I've heard this for 8 years and I am sick of it. I don't care what Obama does to appease his version of God. He can fast for Allah all year long for all I care. But please, leave me out of it.

I'd say that publicly observing a holiday is far more of a 'recognition' that simply talking about one.  (Actions speak louder than words.)

And he didn't encourage anyone to fast of the holiday, so the examples of 'giving up a vice' isn't really applicable.

What's different is that Clinton, Bush, and Obama simply recognize that there are more religions in America that Protestantism and have just recognized it when a holiday outside of it occurs.

Visit a Buddhist monastary on Buddha's birthday.
Light a Hanukah menorah.
Recognize Eid al-Fitr.
Hold an Easter egg hunt on the White House lawn.