Author Topic: Hoyer: Clinton ‘Had No Intent’ To Be Extremely Careless With Classified Information  (Read 1651 times)

rangerrebew

Hoyer: Clinton ‘Had No Intent’ To Be Extremely Careless With Classified Information
By Penny Starr | July 6, 2016 | 4:06 PM EDT

(D-Md.).  (AP)

(CNSNews.com) – When asked whether persons who are “extremely careless” with classified information should have security clearances, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) would not answer directly and instead said that as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton did not intend to be reckless with classified materials, a point that he said the FBI made clear on Tuesday.

At his weekly briefing with reporters on Wednesday, CNSNews.com asked Hoyer: “FBI Director Comey said yesterday that Secretary Clinton and her colleagues ‘were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.’ Do you believe people who are extremely careless in their handling of highly classified information should have security clearances?”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/hoyer-clinton-had-no-intent-be-extremely-careless-classified-information

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:40:54 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

The INTENT in dropping atomic bombs on Japan wasn't to kill Japanese citizens, it was to end the war.  So we shouldn't hear anymore from liberals on that issue since he didn't INTEND to kill THEM.

Offline uglybiker

Of course she 'Had No Intent' to be careless.

She did it on purpose.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline ScottinVA

I see.

So, perhaps James Earl Ray didn't "intend" to kill Martin Luther King, and Lee Harvey Oswald didn't "intend" to assassinate JFK.  They were just cleaning their weapons when they went off at very unfortunate times.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:41:53 am by ScottinVA »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Last time I got pulled over for speeding, I did not intend to break the law. I intended to get to my destination as quickly as possible.

So many emperors; so few clothes.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I tried to look up the term "intent" on a couple of legal websites to find a case for what the aristocratic elite are saying about Hillary's 'intent' as being an exonerating condition. I was unable to find anything even remotely close to the argument being made in her case. In fact, the question of 'intent' as not being an exonerating condition is so basic in American legal constructs it is more or less assumed that everyone already knows this.

How many times have we all heard a defendant crying and yelling through their tears, "I didn't mean to kill him! Honest I didn't!"

This ruling is so STUPID that I doubt it will have any ramifications for anyone except those in government. But if it did, one of the most common ways the "I didn't mean to" defense theory would be used would be in murder, spousal abuse, and child abuse cases where the defendant almost always claims that there was no specific intent to kill.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So what you're saying Steny is that all those others who got prosecuted and punished for similar crimes were wrongly convicted?
The Republic is lost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

And so the question of "intent" should be invoked at every persecution of white cops who may have carelessly killed a criminal?  Think Ferguson or Baltimore or New Orleans.  COP don't (usually) "intend" on killing criminals, unless they fear deadly harm to themselves or others.  They intend to arrest, if at all possible.  So this argument that Hillary didn't "intend" to be careless is hogwash.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline MajorClay

No intent to be careless, intent was to subvert the law on foia requests.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Perhaps I can be forgiven for citing my own post on this subject in a different thread :

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,214979.msg956569/topicseen.html#msg956569
James 1:20

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hey Rep. Hoyer.....

1974-Richard Nixon deletes 6 minutes of tape during investigation.  Faces certain impeachment, and resigns.

2015- Hilary Clinton deletes 33,000 emails during investigation, compromises national security gets adulation of colleagues, and skits off scot free.

What a country.........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Hey Rep. Hoyer.....

1974-Richard Nixon deletes 6 minutes of tape during investigation.  Faces certain impeachment, and resigns.

2015- Hilary Clinton deletes 33,000 emails during investigation, compromises national security gets adulation of colleagues, and skits off scot free.

What a country.........

As I've said before, these Dems like Hoyer and Cummings, would defend Satan if he was a registered Dem.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

rangerrebew

As I've said before, these Dems like Hoyer and Cummings, would defend Satan if he was a registered Dem.

Only if he was black or a politician.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Expressed intent? Perhaps not if law breaking was not openly discussed in the emails.

Implied intent, based on the level of training she had or should have had regarding handling of sensitive information?  Absolutely.

Implied intent refers to intent in the context of a criminal act that can be implied from the circumstances surrounding the defendant's actions. Intent to commit a crime is an which an inference may be drawn based on the facts in the situation involved.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Didn't know that Steny Hoyer could read minds./s
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline CommerceComet

So, Rep. Hoyer, what you are saying is that Hillary didn't intend to be so stupid? Right?