Author Topic: Trump to GOP senators: You're either with me or you're with Hillary Clinton  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Flag on the field, logic error, offense.

I'm sick and tired of playing prisoners dilemma with these people and will NOT do it anymore!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:20:37 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Don't get all semantic with me.

The original remarks were in context to acting like a united party going into an election.   If you don't publicly support him/her, then you are helping the opponent.  Which in these perilous times, is treasonous on its own merits.

Furthermore, Trump won the plurality of votes and a record number to boot.   So the job of a Senator is to represent HIS/HER VOTERS of his State.

Anything else is virtually insubordination.   Just look at who she will put on the Supreme Court?

And when the people realize they made a huge error by electing Hillary Clinton and history repeats itself and gives the GOP a super majority?

BFD!   They will challenge the thickness of toilet tissue on Capitol Hill...all the way to her Supreme Court.

We're screwed if all you people don't snap the hell out of it.   

I'm waiting for Trump to make his appeal to us.

Not threaten, browbeat or mau-mau.

I want him to give us good, positive reasons to vote for him and ask for our support.

"Who else ya gonna vote for" ain't gonna cut it.

Offline sinkspur

We should give Trump some credit for his quoting of Hamilton today:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm waiting for Trump to make his appeal to us.

Not threaten, browbeat or mau-mau.

I want him to give us good, positive reasons to vote for him and ask for our support.

"Who else ya gonna vote for" ain't gonna cut it.

That's fair enough!    @skeeter

:beer:

I'm hoping his acceptance speech will do the trick.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:21:02 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

.@GovMikeHuckabee: "When @JeffFlake needs something for Arizona, he ain't going to get it" if Trump is president.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If you don't publicly support him/her, then you are helping the opponent.  Which in these perilous times, is treasonous on its own merits.

Which makes you a tyrant, a supporter of tyrants and an enemy of the Constitution and an enemy of liberty minded people like me.

I'll be waiting for you and yours to attempt to punish the likes of us for "treason" for refusing to genuflect your pompous prince.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Don't get all semantic with me.

The original remarks were in context to acting like a united party going into an election.   If you don't publicly support him/her, then you are helping the opponent.  Which in these perilous times, is treasonous on its own merits.

Furthermore, Trump won the plurality of votes and a record number to boot.   So the job of a Senator is to represent HIS/HER VOTERS of his State.

Anything else is virtually insubordination.   Just look at who she will put on the Supreme Court?

And when the people realize they made a huge error by electing Hillary Clinton and history repeats itself and gives the GOP a super majority?

BFD!   They will challenge the thickness of toilet tissue on Capitol Hill...all the way to her Supreme Court.

We're screwed if all you people don't snap the hell out of it.   

You truly are a pompous ass just like your boy Trump!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Jennifer JacobsVerified account
‏@JenniferJJacobs
Trump says it was a chore to rip Clinton. "Doing it cuz I feel I have to do it and it’s sort of boring." Wanted to get on to other subjects.

Offline OldSaltUSN

Oh looky the Open Border, Pro Amnesty Flake and the Liberal Washington Post did not tell the truth....
Tell me again how the conservatives on here back Amnesty Flake over Trump....
- Mechanicos

Of course, ignore the message, mischaracterize the quote, and always, always, always, attack the messenger (i.e. ad hominem logical fallacy).

Offline OldSaltUSN

"Its not false" - Mechanicos

:screaming2:

Offline OldSaltUSN

So you are on the side of Open Borders Pro Amnesty RINO FLake here eh?

"A non sequitur (Latin for "it does not follow"), in formal logic, is an argument with a conclusion that does not follow from its premises.[1] In a non sequitur, the conclusion could be either true or false (because there is a disconnection between the premise and the conclusion), but the argument nonetheless asserts the conclusion to be true, and is thus fallacious. All invalid arguments are special cases of non sequitur."

Illogical:  A.K.A Mechanicos

Offline OldSaltUSN

We should give Trump some credit for his quoting of Hamilton today:

If I believed a single thing Trump said, e.g. things that sound conservative, I'd certainly vote for the man.

However, Trump is unprincipled, and there's no way he'll ever convince me that what he says or has said, he actually means.

I expect Trump to rule, not govern, and rule as a leftist. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No.

If it was expected to publically and fully support their own party's Presidential candidate... then Nixon would never have been impeached.

The job of a Senator is to represent the needs of their state.  All of it.  Not just the members of the party to which he belongs.

That this is now a foreign concept to many is probably one of the biggest reasons behind the disfunction in Washington.
PRECISELY!

The GOP can suck wind, the job of a Senator is to represent his/her State's needs, and that is why the State Legislatures elected the Senators before the 17th Amendment.

The closer we get to Democracy, the farther we get from the Republic and Original Intent.
(Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on the dinner menu).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

Since this is now out there. I will say this:

It is evident that Trump needs Cruz more than Cruz needs Trump.

Offline Suppressed

Trump to GOP senators: You're either with me or you're with Hillary Clinton

@Mechanicos

Your defenses of the indefensible are always good for a laugh. Mind explaining how Trump is right in stating that Sen. Flake will lose election this year ... when he's not even up for re-election?

This oughta be good!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-trip-to-capitol-hill-some-bridges-built-with-gop-some-set-ablaze/2016/07/07/669c4318-446b-11e6-bc99-7d269f8719b1_story.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Mechanicos

Your defenses of the indefensible are always good for a laugh. Mind explaining how Trump is right in stating that Sen. Flake will lose election this year ... when he's not even up for re-election?

This oughta be good!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-trip-to-capitol-hill-some-bridges-built-with-gop-some-set-ablaze/2016/07/07/669c4318-446b-11e6-bc99-7d269f8719b1_story.html

I see last night that Mike Huckabee (Mr non establishment) was warning that Trump will make Arizona pay for Jeff Flake not supporting Trump like some kind of mafia don. Trump WILL lose andn he has nobody to blame for it but himself.