Author Topic: I’m going to make you proud,’ Trump tells Republican lawmakers  (Read 277 times)

Offline WAC

Trump faced a tough crowd when he met Republicans in Congress on Thursday but several lawmakers, including past critics, emerged from the closed-door meeting with encouraging words about their presumptive White House nominee.

At the first meeting, with members of the House of Representatives, Trump shared a hug with House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican who has often criticized Trump even while endorsing him, lawmakers said................They joked a bit about some of their past exchanges during an hour-long meeting, and Trump took questions.

Representative Bill Flores said Trump told lawmakers there had been a few times when “I said this, and Paul had to react this way. And I understand it, I get it.” Flores quoted Trump as saying: “I’m going to make you proud.”
 Flores had said he wanted to see “more vision and less trash talk” from the presumptive nominee.

After Thursday’s session, Flores said he felt better about Trump.
... “Based on what I have heard today, I’ve got the confidence that you are going to see a lot more in terms of visionary messaging,” Flores said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/im-going-to-make-you-proud-trump-tells-republican-lawmakers/

geronl

Re: I’m going to make you proud,’ Trump tells Republican lawmakers
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 11:33:14 pm »
No, he isn't. He is going to make himself proud. Himself is all he cares about.

Online Hoodat

Re: I’m going to make you proud,’ Trump tells Republican lawmakers
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:42:11 pm »
I’m going to make you proud,’ Trump tells Republican lawmakers

Starting when?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-