Author Topic: Wah-Hoo!...Ted Cruz to speak at Republican National Convention after all....  (Read 13773 times)

Silver Pines

I am just going to see how this plays out.

That's fair enough.  I suppose I should, too.

geronl

No it won't.......Ted Cruz does what he sees is best for this country and has his eyes always on the bigger picture.  Hillary cannot be given the Presidency.  I think we'll see Cruz's endorsement at convention....

endorsing a vile, vulgar, unhinged lunatic for President should be the end of anyones career

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I have a lot of respect with you and have enjoyed reconnecting on this forum. Blessings to you and your family.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Hey, they are both Christians, right?
Maybe they were moved to work together?
I don't know, just throwing out there.
Who am I to judge?
Who knows?
We'll see.
LOL ~ If Trump is a Christian, he keeps it hidden [way down in a cellar somewhere]; the strongest Christians in the world, however, are the ones who can forgive without being asked. Ted Cruz works hard for his family, God, and country, etc., and because of this strong love, I believe he forgave Trump a long time ago. Without doing so, he'd be stuck in quicksand, or at least mud. Not Cruz's style.

Possibly the only way Ted would endorse Trump is if he was selected as his VP. If that be the case, and he accepts, I'll punch the Trump/Cruz ticket. Trump is not that healthy spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, so anything to get Ted in the White House...........
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 08:33:09 pm by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online Right_in_Virginia

Any kind of Trump endorsement would be the end of his career

Actually I think Cruz has more to lose by not endorsing Trump...he still needs party support for his reelection to the Senate.

Offline WAC

endorsing a vile, vulgar, unhinged lunatic for President should be the end of anyones career

Well there's been plenty long before Trump that have been endorsed......and are doing quite well in their career's......Obama won twice.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Even though there won't be an endorsement, the media will portray it as one...in fact, they already are.    That will be the narrative going forward.

That's really not surprising or much a stretch.  Cruz will be speaking at a convention nominating Donald Trump.   :shrug:

Offline WAC

Actually I think Cruz has more to lose by not endorsing Trump...he still needs party support for his reelection to the Senate.

I agree....especially as we see Republicans get behind him now.....Cruz isn't going to take himself out of the plays ahead..and he still has his delegates if this is a GOPe revolt attempting to derail Trump at convention....and it could be just that. Cruz has got leverage as no other than the delegates themselves.

Offline skeeter

LOL ~ If Trump is a Christian, he keeps it hidden [way down in a cellar somewhere]; the strongest Christians in the world, however, are the ones who can forgive without being asked. Ted Cruz works hard for his family, God, and country, etc., and because of this strong love, I believe he forgave Trump a long time ago. Without doing so, he'd be stuck in quicksand, or at least mud. Not Cruz's style.

http://thatwordsite.com/2012/10/talk-the-hind-legs-off-a-donkey/

That is an excellent point, ML. Although I'm not sure there is an obligation to grant forgiveness if forgiveness isn't sought.

For example as a christian Ben Carson was obligated to forgive Cruz following Cruz's several apologies.

But I believe Cruz would even if no apology was forthcoming.

I would give alot of careful consideration before endorsing Trump, though. I certainly would not endorse him until I saw some evidence he is ready to mount a serious campaign and cut the BS. If he doesn't get serious real soon, it may turn out that endorsing Trump will be the political equivalent of the kiss of death.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:39:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Any kind of Trump endorsement would be the end of his career
Agreed.

Cruz should NEVER EVER EVER endorse Trump.  Not just because the guy is a fraud con man LIBERAL, but because of how much of an absolute @$$hole he was TO Cruz and Cruz' family.

THAT should NEVER be forgotten or allowed to be given a pass.  Not in the political sense. Cruz might say he forgives Trump for all the slander, lies, propaganda and smears, but he should NEVER jump on board with ANYTHING Team Trump.

Not if he truly means to hold onto his integrity and principles. IMO.  I know as a die hard Cruz supporter, I would lose respect for Ted Cruz if he ever did support, or endorse, Trump

Silver Pines

I have a lot of respect with you and have enjoyed reconnecting on this forum. Blessings to you and your family.

That means a lot to me and I truly thank you.  God bless you and yours, my friend.

Silver Pines

That's really not surprising or much a stretch.  Cruz will be speaking at a convention nominating Donald Trump.   :shrug:

Though he (or anyone else) could speak, for example, on Constitutional principles and never mention the candidate's name.

But we expect the media to be underhanded, don't we?

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Who give a flying fig who asked who ....  Trump has the most to gain ... the gold ring... the oval office--- so it make sense that he reach out.

Stop, in the name of all that is rational, with the drama.    **nononono*
Says the person who obviously doesn't give a rats behind about integrity, content of character or being an honorable person.

Because if you did, that stuff you call "drama" WOULD matter.  And it should, after all the crap, slander, sleaze, and absolute trash that Trump threw at Cruz and his family.    He proved he has no class, no integrity, no honor and certainly lacks any semblance of character.

Offline musiclady

It's all we can do.

But no matter what happens (unless Trump isn't nominated) we have the two most foul, corrupt, rotten people in the country running for President representing the two major parties.

NO one with any sense of morality, decency, or patriotism should be happy about this election.

It reveals the depth of degradation to which this country has sunk.

And no matter how stellar Ted Cruz' speech is, the degeneracy of Donald Trump isn't going to change.

I can't vote for him.  My conscience will not allow it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Says the person who obviously doesn't give a rats behind about integrity, content of character or being an honorable person.

Because if you did, that stuff you call "drama" WOULD matter.  And it should, after all the crap, slander, sleaze, and absolute trash that Trump threw at Cruz and his family.    He proved he has no class, no integrity, no honor and certainly lacks any semblance of character.

Amen!

And as I just said, Cruz' speech isn't going to instill integrity or character into Donald Trump's black soul.

We still have the same options with the two major parties.  Evil.  And Evil.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump needs Cruz to speak after he told him he would not allow him to speak unless he endorsed Trump, because Trump knows he runs the risk of not having enough delegates and that is why he met with the GOP Senators.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Gov Bean Counter

That means a lot to me and I truly thank you.  God bless you and yours, my friend.

Thank you.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline RetBobbyMI

Unless Trump were to come out while Cruz is speaking and encourage all his supporters back Cruz as the nominee, I will not vote for the GOP this fall. Putting Cruz at the top of the ticket is the ONLY thing that will change my opinion.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Trump needs Cruz to speak after he told him he would not allow him to speak unless he endorsed Trump, because Trump knows he runs the risk of not having enough delegates and that is why he met with the GOP Senators.

Yes! Someone is advising Trump, and he must be actually listening? :thud:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:19:12 am by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline sinkspur

Trump got rolled by Cruz.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

That's exactly right.....but we can't overlook either that Trump did ask Cruz to assist in cultivating a longer list of conservative judicial appointees, and Cruz obliged him. .....Remember Cruz said  he wants to "ensure"  principled conservatives on the court"......
Further Cruz said he'd be speaking about "Conservatism" in his speech at Convention.

Offline WAC

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/437580/breaking-cruz-accepts-trump-offer-speak-cleveland

Crux getting a speaking slot w/o an endorsement is a good thing. Cruz getting input on court appointments is better. I expect Ted's speech to concern conservative principles. Cruz is a student of history see Reagan's speech in 76.

I was waiting for someone to mention Reagan's speech in 76......certainly set him up for the win later on....remarkably well...

Offline RetBobbyMI

If he is in fact scheduled, the telling story is when? Before or after the nominations.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I was waiting for someone to mention Reagan's speech in 76......certainly set him up for the win later on....remarkably well...

Yes and Reagan gave, not withheld, his endorsement of Gerald Ford in 1976. Very much worth noting.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ArneFufkin

Former Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz will speak at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, the Texas senator's office announced Thursday, after the presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump asked him to.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/politics/donald-trump-meets-with-ted-cruz-reince-priebus/

Paul Ryan was very upbeat after Trump addressed the GOP House Caucus today.   

Maybe things will come together after all.

A Hillary Clinton Presidency cannot happen.