Author Topic: Wah-Hoo!...Ted Cruz to speak at Republican National Convention after all....  (Read 13811 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You might want to consider dropping the snark remarks....I don't respond to posts that begin as the two you've posted, just so you know..So hopefully you'll rise above that "junk".

And you might want to consider turning down the histrionics in your posts. 

It's was a simple straightforward question...that you are choosing to purposely ignore.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WAC

He'll probably dance around it, supporting "all" republicans to stop the democrats, etc., without specifically mentioning Trump by name.
But who knows, I've been wrong before, and reserve the right to be so again!
In a video released afterward, Cruz said "we didn't talk about endorsements", so, it sounds like he is still playing it cool.

That's a reasonable way to look at it...Cruz doesn't make moves unless it's going to matter one way or the other. At this point I'm just grateful the "rift" between them has cooled as well.....

Another thing...Trumps people have been trying to get this meeting with Trump for months....so as usual it will come in Cruz's time and place.  I understand Ivanka and Trumps brothers were there as well.......these two family's are not strangers.....here's Trumps kids with Cruz's daughters early on....

Offline GrouchoTex

That's a reasonable way to look at it...Cruz doesn't make moves unless it's going to matter one way or the other. At this point I'm just grateful the "rift" between them has cooled as well.....

Another thing...Trumps people have been trying to get this meeting with Trump for months....so as usual it will come in Cruz's time and place.  I understand Ivanka and Trumps brothers were there as well.......these two family's are not strangers.....here's Trumps kids with Cruz's daughters early on....

I would have been thrilled if Cruz had won, and I remain a Trump skeptic.
But I can't get on board with abandoning Cruz if he's reached an agreement with Trump, or vise-versa.
We are all trying to stop Hillary, at the end of the day.
If Cruz can have any influence over Trump, it is better than not having any.

Offline musiclady

Hey, they are both Christians, right?
Maybe they were moved to work together?
I don't know, just throwing out there.
Who am I to judge?
Who knows?
We'll see.

There would have to be a lot of genuine repentance on Trump's part for his sins (lies, smears, etc). committed in his filthy attacks on Cruz.   When you think about how vile Trump has been, I would say he ate a lot of crow for Ted to even meet with him.

Of course, there's no reason to believe that Trump meant a word he said, since he's a pathological liar, but Cruz obviously sees some advantage in giving an actual Conservative speech at this faux Republican convention.

Who knows?  I'm still going on the assumption that Cruz is honorable, and my knowledge that Trump is not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There would have to be a lot of genuine repentance on Trump's part for his sins (lies, smears, etc). committed in his filthy attacks on Cruz.   When you think about how vile Trump has been, I would say he ate a lot of crow for Ted to even meet with him.

Of course, there's no reason to believe that Trump meant a word he said, since he's a pathological liar, but Cruz obviously sees some advantage in giving an actual Conservative speech at this faux Republican convention.

Who knows?  I'm still going on the assumption that Cruz is honorable, and my knowledge that Trump is not.

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline WAC

I would have been thrilled if Cruz had won, and I remain a Trump skeptic.
But I can't get on board with abandoning Cruz if he's reached an agreement with Trump, or vise-versa.
We are all trying to stop Hillary, at the end of the day.
If Cruz can have any influence over Trump, it is better than not having any.

Well, you're not alone , many wonder more than anything else how he will conduct himself....as well serve as a President....but I found some relief with Newt working along side Trump in his campaign and he will continue to do so....and hopfully Cruz will down the road as well.....I do believe Trump will give ear to our good guys, especially these two because Trump respects them and knows they are both on board to strangle the hold of the "Washington Cartel"....not just beat Hillary.

If Trump wins this it won't be business as usual......there's no doubt about that.

Offline skeeter

Trump campaign official said Trump and Cruz agreed to no longer work against each other and would work together on policy issues where they share common ground. Trump also asked Cruz to help recommend potential judicial nominees, the official said.

This is great news!!!!

Given Trump's tendency to *ahem* exaggerate I'll wait until I hear from the Cruz people on this.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:56:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, you're not alone , many wonder more than anything else how he will conduct himself....as well serve as a President....but I found some relief with Newt working along side Trump in his campaign and he will continue to do so....and hopfully Cruz will down the road as well.....I do believe Trump will give ear to our good guys, especially these two because Trump respects them and knows they are both on board to strangle the hold of the "Washington Cartel"....not just beat Hillary.

If Trump wins this it won't be business as usual......there's no doubt about that.

Cruz has more Conservative principal in his pinky than Newton has in his entire rotund body.

He won't sell out like other so called Conservatives.

Offline WAC

Given Trump's tendency to *ahem* exaggerate I'll wait until I hear from the Cruz people on this.

It's Cruz himself who has said he'd be happy to speak at convention after Trump asked him........certainly the "ice" has melted between them. I will surely be looking forward to hearing Cruz at convention!....and maybe soon we'll see 'all' is good as it once was.

Offline skeeter

It's Cruz himself who has said he'd be happy to speak at convention after Trump asked him........certainly the "ice" has melted between them. I will surely be looking forward to hearing Cruz at convention!....and maybe soon we'll see 'all' is good as it once was.

There's no doubt Cruz will speak - his office has said so. I'm talking about the Trump team's comments that everything is hunky dory. Of course they would like that. I want to hear the particulars from the meeting from a trustworthy source.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Any kind of Trump endorsement would be the end of his career
That is plain and simple, old "Free Republic" type of talk.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Baby steps, folks, baby steps.  With the amount of bad blood between these two, supporters of both would flee if they started hugging and kissing each other.  How many Cruz people around here have you heard say they're dumping Cruz if he works with Trump at all, or even speaks at the Convention?  How many Trump supporters still don't trust Cruz to stay beaten?

No, this process of rebuilding is going to take some time.  Trump plowed up the vegetable garden pretty well.  Personally, I think it needed plowing, because if that doesn't work we're going to have to start watering the roots of liberty again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Show me the quote from Cruz where he said he is "happy" to speak because Donny asked him.

Offline sinkspur

That miserable sewer rat Trump maligned Cruz's wife, his father, and Cruz himself with those mistress rumors.  The "ice" was on Cruz's part and I'm really surprised to see Cruz bend without forcing some sort of public apology from Trump.  Until people bring this bastard to heel, he'll continue to trash and insult. 

I've lost some respect for Cruz over this.  This is just as much about Trump as it is about Hillary.  Donald Trump does not deserve the presidency; Cruz himself said that Trump was a pathological liar, that he lies all the time. 

I notice there's no endorsement, and there shouldn't be.  He can speak at the Convention and never mention Trump's name, just as Scott Walker has been careful never to mention Trump by name but refer to him as the "nominee."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That is plain and simple, old "Free Republic" type of talk.

*Cough* bullshit *cough*

If that was "Free Republic type of talk" 99% of thr new members here... including myself... wouldn't be here.  We'd still BE at FR.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:16:31 pm by txradioguy »

Offline WAC

There's no doubt Cruz will speak - his office has said so. I'm talking about the Trump team's comments that everything is hunky dory. Of course they would like that. I want to hear the particulars from the meeting from a trustworthy source.

Well, again these two are not strangers....plus Cruz is a "timely" paced individual....when he does makes bold move it matters.  Because of their previous relationship I have no doubts they'll work together, but it will be on Cruz's terms not  Trumps.....additionally Trump knows full well that without powerful men to help him in Washington he'll fail most assuredly, he has got to have those with him who know well how to navigate Washington....Cruz and Newt are well armed for that, and they know where the land minds are.

Another photo as things once were and might be again.....soon

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, again these two are not strangers....plus Cruz is a "timely" paced individual....when he does makes bold move it matters.  Because of their previous relationship I have no doubts they'll work together, but it will be on Cruz's terms not  Trumps.....additionally Trump knows full well that without powerful men to help him in Washington he'll fail most assuredly, he has got to have those with him who know well how to navigate Washington....Cruz and Newt are well armed for that, and they know where the land minds are.

Another photo as things once were and might be again.....soon

Do you ever get tired of being a. Trumpkin propagandist?

Offline WAC

How many Cruz people around here have you heard say they're dumping Cruz if he works with Trump at all, or even speaks at the Convention?  How many Trump supporters still don't trust Cruz to stay beaten?
This process of rebuilding is going to take some time.  Trump plowed up the vegetable garden pretty well.  Personally, I think it needed plowing, because if that doesn't work we're going to have to start watering the roots of liberty again.

That reminds me of what Newt said ......that politicians think they're going to continue to politely address and do a few things here and there in Washington, but Trumps going to kick over the table!

With Cruz and Newt showing Trump where their weak and the tricks of that trade played by demorats....and the old order.....I so believe if Cruz's men in Washington also get behind Trump, and I think we'll see that too, the strangle hold in WAshington is going to get broken!

Offline musiclady

QFT

As I think more about this, it really doesn't change anything.

Trump is still a corrupt, amoral, dishonorable man who does not deserve in any way, shape or form to be in the Oval Office.

Ted Cruz, IF this is a mistake on his part (we don't know that yet), still has time to redeem himself from the error of speaking at a Convention for a liberal Democrat.

My guess is that he will speak on Conservative principles, and leave it at that.  I still believe Cruz is honorable.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That reminds me of what Newt said ......that politicians think they're going to continue to politely address and do a few things here and there in Washington, but Trumps going to kick over the table!

With Cruz and Newt showing Trump where their weak and the tricks of that trade played by demorats....and the old order.....I so believe if Cruz's men in Washington also get behind Trump, and I think we'll see that too, the strangle hold in WAshington is going to get broken!

Where is your proof any of this going to happen anywhere other than in your fertile imagination?

Seriously

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's telling that of all the other candidates, Cruz was considered the most of an "outsider".  Even a non-politician like Carson didn't have the iconoclast sort of appeal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Where is your proof any of this going to happen anywhere other than in your fertile imagination?

Seriously

Speaking just for my own little self, if I didn't hold out even a little bit of hope things will get better I'll go batcrap crazy.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Do you ever get tired of being a. Trumpkin propagandist?

That is Free Republic type of talk, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

That is Free Republic type of talk, too.

At "Free Republic" the vast majority of posters here would be banned after being reamed out by the Trump Gestapo roaming the grounds.

If you're offended by a little word like "Trumpkin" maybe you'd be more comfortable staying at TOS with your kin......

Freedom of thought exists here.  Not there.  Freedom to recognize that Trump is a degenerate liberal is not accepted there.

Vive TBR!  :patriot:

Offline musiclady

Speaking just for my own little self, if I didn't hold out even a little bit of hope things will get better I'll go batcrap crazy.

Things will be better in Heaven.

In the country once known as the United States of America, there's not much reason to hang on to hope.

Trump's victory took care of any vestige of hope we might have had that the country would survive.

I've made peace (sort of) with the fact that more than half the country is now made up of idiots. 

Things won't improve without a revival.  That's our only real hope.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:40:04 pm by musiclady »