Author Topic: Donald Trump meets with Ted Cruz, Reince Priebus  (Read 2127 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Donald Trump meets with Ted Cruz, Reince Priebus
« on: July 07, 2016, 06:45:37 pm »
SOURCE: CNN

URL: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/politics/donald-trump-meets-with-ted-cruz-reince-priebus/index.html?sr=twCNN070716donald-trump-meets-with-ted-cruz-reince-priebus0428PMStoryLink&linkId=26309561

by: By Jeremy Diamond and Noah Gray, CNN

Donald Trump met Thursday with former GOP presidential rival Sen. Ted Cruz and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus in Washington, a source told CNN.

The meeting is the first time Cruz and Trump have met in person since the Texas senator dropped out of the presidential race after losing the Indiana primary more than two months ago.
The source could not say what the men discussed as they conferred at the National Republican Senatorial Committee headquarters where Trump also met with several dozen Republican senators on Thursday.

The Texas senator has so far refused to endorse Trump, but has not ruled it out.

While Cruz resisted criticizing Trump in the initial months of the GOP primary campaign, Cruz would eventually become one of Trump's fiercest rivals -- and the last remaining legitimate challenge to Trump's campaign to win the Republican presidential nomination.

And the final weeks of Cruz's campaign were dominated by Trump's personal attacks against the Texas senator and his family as the fight between the two men grew increasingly bitter and personal.
In late March, Trump threatened to "spill the beans" on Cruz's wife after an anti-Trump super PAC unaffiliated with Cruz's campaign pushed out a series of digital ads aimed at portraying Trump's wife in a negative light.

And Trump would later also retweet an unflattering picture of the Texans' wife alongside a glamorous shot of his own wife with the caption "the images are worth a thousand words."

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Donald Trump meets with Ted Cruz, Reince Priebus
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 06:49:17 pm »
I would love to know what happens next...

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 06:49:56 pm »

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I hope Ted told the orange Fool...$%^& You!!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 06:53:20 pm »

My guess  just speculation, is that it was about him speaking at the convention.....

(1) Cruz prob. agreed to not to say ill of Trump in his speech.
(2) Cruz will not endorse or support Trump.
(3) Rabid sTrumpets will boo Cruz, and hell will break lose.

This is looking more like 1968 every day.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 06:57:53 pm »
My guess  just speculation, is that it was about him speaking at the convention.....

(1) Cruz prob. agreed to not to say ill of Trump in his speech.
(2) Cruz will not endorse or support Trump.
(3) Rabid sTrumpets will boo Cruz, and hell will break lose.

This is looking more like 1968 every day.

I think Cruz would speak on behalf of conservative values, and how Democrats have no values, etc.
Do something like point out the history where Republicans stood for strong defense, law and order, the constitution, etc.
More of a party stem winder sort of thing.
He may not even mention Trump's name at all.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 07:01:45 pm »
I think Cruz would speak on behalf of conservative values, and how Democrats have no values, etc.
Do something like point out the history where Republicans stood for strong defense, law and order, the constitution, etc.

I hope that is all he would do.  Not even "damning with faint praise", but with no praise.
James 1:20

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 07:02:18 pm »

Good guess too. That's a best case scenario for Trump.  Wonder how Cruz supporter' s whose candidate got second most delegates (560+) are going to like him getting a Wednesday morning slot., just before Mike Tyson.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 07:03:35 pm »
Don't do it, Ted.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 07:09:56 pm »

If it went anything like his meeting with the other GOP Senators the whole conversation consisted of Ted saying he's not endorsing Donald and Orange Jesus threatening to have someone primary Ted when he runs for reelection.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 07:09:56 pm »
Good guess too. That's a best case scenario for Trump.  Wonder how Cruz supporter' s whose candidate got second most delegates (560+) are going to like him getting a Wednesday morning slot., just before Mike Tyson.
Right?
I'd be upset,as a Cruz supporter, seeing him sandwiched between Bobby Knight and Mike Tyson (or Don King).
Is Don King still alive?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:10:50 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 07:13:54 pm »

Katherine Faulders
‏@KFaulders
Cruz says Trump invited him to speak at the convention and he accepted
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 07:14:03 pm »
Right?
I'd be upset,as a Cruz supporter, seeing him sandwiched between Bobby Knight and Mike Tyson (or Don King).
Is Don King still alive?

Are you kidding?  Trump loves his African Americans.  I'll recant, and say they get a prime time spot.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 07:14:36 pm »
GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I hope Ted told the orange Fool...$%^& You!!!!!!!

I wish he'd never agreed to meet with him at all.  After what Trump did to Cruz and to Heidi, he doesn't deserve anything but a kick in the ample rear.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 07:14:50 pm »

Katherine Faulders
‏@KFaulders

Double GRRRRRRRRR   Say it a'int so Ted!!!!!!!!!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 07:15:34 pm »
Are you kidding?  Trump loves his African Americans.  I'll recant, and say they get a prime time spot.

:silly:

I almost forgot that "my African-American" gaffe Trump made.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:15:55 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 07:16:28 pm »
If this "convention" is supposed to be *Trump's Party* as the Militants are exclaiming rather than a Convention of delegates to select a nominee - then Cruz would do well to stay as far away as possible, because he only lends the appearance of endorsement and approval if he speaks.

He stands no chance to be nominated and is more hated than Trump is by the Establishment AND the cabal of Trumpians seig-heiling a stalking horse.

Katherine Faulders
‏@KFaulders

Oh well.  Party politics always trumps principles these days and taking it up the arse by enemies who want to cut your guts out and feed them to their constituents is what Conservatives in the GOP do best.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 07:17:37 pm »

I hope he wouldn't agree to speak unless he got a prestigious spot ... but no matter when he speaks ... if he does .... it will be the most watched segment of the entire Convention.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 07:17:48 pm »

1.  Cruz will give a resounding endorsement of Trump and attack of Hillary at the Convention
2.  Cruz will be given a prime time spot on national television and publicity.
3.  Trump gets a needed endorsement and appearance of unity.  Cruz avoids alienating Trump supporters for his future Presidential campaign and receives positive publicity
4.  Trump and Cruz both win.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 07:19:27 pm »
 :3:
1.  Cruz will give a resounding endorsement of Trump and attack of Hillary at the Convention
3.  Trump gets a needed endorsement and appearance of unity.  Cruz avoids alienating Trump supporters for his future Presidential campaign and receives positive publicity
:3:

geronl

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 07:20:51 pm »
If it went anything like his meeting with the other GOP Senators the whole conversation consisted of Ted saying he's not endorsing Donald and Orange Jesus threatening to have someone primary Ted when he runs for reelection.

You know the GOPe is already going to try that.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 07:24:02 pm »
Considering how this election has gone, MBB's description is probably accurate.  The Republicans will bend over, and Trump will lose and pull the entire party down with him.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 07:26:44 pm »

I hope you're wrong with that scenario.  Trump is not going to win even if Moses comes down from the mountain with a message from God endorsing him.

And Ted Cruz sacrificing his principles and honor to endorse this hapless clown would not be a good move for his political future.

Unlike, Trump who lives in an insulated world, Ted Cruz knows exactly what's going on and I trust him to make the right moves here.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 07:28:13 pm »

No wrong.

Cruz loses all credibility and confirms what some worry in terms of Cruz just being another political hack opportunist with a penchant for creating the appearance of a Televangelist Used Car Salesman.

And he would forever lose any support I would have given him if he ever runs in a national race again.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 07:30:14 pm »
Considering how this election has gone, MBB's description is probably accurate.  The Republicans will bend over, and Trump will lose and pull the entire party down with him.

That was the entire plan from the beginning.

It's what happens after a coup and an oligarchy entrenches itself into permanent power.

Manipulations, fraud and coercions first to obtain total loyalty and compliance.

Disappearances and killings later of those who have refused to bend the knee.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 07:31:19 pm »
Cruz needs Trump's support and his voters for his reelection. He did NOT win a majority in his home state. And as much as you are angry at Trump people for what is alleged Trump did to Cruz -the fact is many Trump people are former Cruz people who were turned off of Cruz by stuff that happened during the Primary. This could be way to help both of them.

Its Time to Move on.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17