Author Topic: New Twist in Trump Campaign: Will He Even Serve if He Wins?  (Read 534 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-serve-president/2016/07/07/id/737606/

Newsmax
New Twist in Trump Campaign: Will He Even Serve if He Wins?
Thursday, July 7, 2016 03:46 PM

Donald Trump has his eyes on the prize — but he may not even really want it.

In a new wrinkle in Trump's quest to win the presidency — the billionaire real-estate tycoon revealed he's not even sure he'll serve if elected.

Trump's shock declaration came as The New York Times asked him if he was tapped by Americans to serve four years in the White House, might he then "forgo the office as the ultimate walk-off winner."

Trump, the newspaper said, flashed a mischievous smile, answering, "I'll let you know how I feel about it after it happens."

The Times says presumptive GOP presidential nominee may just be seeking more publicity with that answer.

"But the notion of the intensely competitive Mr. Trump's being more interested in winning the presidency than serving as president is not exactly a foreign concept to close observers of this presidential race," The Times' Jason Horowitz writes.

Stuart Stevens, a senior adviser to Mitt Romney in 2012, told Horowitz that Trump may be looking for an out, adding, "He has no sense of how to govern. He can't even put together a campaign."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Crazieman

Re: New Twist in Trump Campaign: Will He Even Serve if He Wins?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:31:22 pm »
#StalkingHorse
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 10:32:55 pm »
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if he does something nutty like that.  This actually does fit his history a bit. He is the contractor who wins the bid but doesn't follow through (see his Primary run for example- winning the vote but then not setting up offices or even being there to seat delegates- he thinks winning is all that counts, not the job afterwords).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:35:08 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 10:52:24 pm »
I have often wondered if he has really thought about the office itself and what will be expected of him. starting with a very regimental schedule, daily briefs, meetings with staff, secret service smothering not only you but your family. Despite the image Obama gives with his many golf outings, you sacrifice much accepting the job.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 10:54:32 pm »
I've always said that we cannot predict what Nov will bring.

If Trump continues with his current strategy, however, I think it'll be safe to say "Madame President."

All of this, in a tragic way is comical. Remember all the comparisons to 1980 and all those cross over voters in the primary that are now gone that his supporters told us about? Remember the non existent "Reagan Democrats" that were excited to vote Trump?

Reality is a buzzkill
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:55:12 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 10:54:41 pm »
I have often wondered if he has really thought about the office itself and what will be expected of him. starting with a very regimental schedule, daily briefs, meetings with staff, secret service smothering not only you but your family. Despite the image Obama gives with his many golf outings, you sacrifice much accepting the job.

0bama didn't.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:36:04 pm »
he only serves himself

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 11:41:45 pm »
In his Cincinnati speech, he spoke of his hotels, the post office building he's refurbishing, and his beloved golf course in Scotland. These are the things he loves, and he loves to brag about them too. So I can see him calling in sick if he wins POTUS.
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 05:51:55 am »
What has Trump ever said that led you to believe he is capable of running this country?  We can only pray.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 08:48:12 am »
Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if he does something nutty like that.  This actually does fit his history a bit. He is the contractor who wins the bid but doesn't follow through (see his Primary run for example- winning the vote but then not setting up offices or even being there to seat delegates- he thinks winning is all that counts, not the job afterwords).

That's because he's a winning winner that wins!!!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 08:52:50 am »
What has Trump ever said that led you to believe he is capable of running this country?  We can only pray.

Uh, let's see, he's a business man, not a politician!

Um, The Wall.  The terrific wall with the revolving door!

Maybe not.  How bout he'll hire the best and brightest!

Ok, uh, he's self funded and not owned by Wall Street!

Lying Ted! Lying Ted!

Geez, there's gotta be something........................
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 11:39:46 am »
So he might pull a Palin.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org