Author Topic: 200 House Republicans show up to meet Trump  (Read 555 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
200 House Republicans show up to meet Trump
« on: July 07, 2016, 01:42:31 pm »

CNBC host introduces the presumptive nominee.

By Rachael Bade, Heather Caygle and John Bresnahan

07/07/16 09:17 AM EDT

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-meets-house-republicans-225205#ixzz4DjJqUc5O

House Republicans came face-to-face Thursday morning for the first time with Donald J. Trump.

The billionaire real estate tycoon met with the full House GOP conference at Republican National Committee headquarters, as Republicans try to suppress their displeasure with his controversial campaign and rally behind Trump before the GOP convention this month.

GOP sources say there was a "full house" for the meeting, with at least 200 lawmakers attending. Conservative CNBC host Larry Kudlow introduced Trump.

A number of members, however, planned to skip the gathering, telling POLITICO they had prior engagements — a doctor’s appointment, a breakfast meeting, committee hearings — that prevented them from seeing their presumptive nominee in person.

"It's going to be more of an introductory meeting for members who are not on board or who are not yet there," Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.), a Trump supporter, said beforehand. "So I'm expecting people to walk away with a much different opinion than they had. They will see a man more business-like, more boardroom-like. A Donald Trump that wants to hear people's opinions and no so much what they see on TV. It's a 'get to know me' session."

But after a bizarre Wednesday evening speech — Trump defended at length his use of a Star of David in an email attacking Hillary Clinton, raising claims of anti-Semitism from Democrats — he needs to reassure rank-and-file Republicans that he is not leading them to electoral disaster in November.

Trump met in early May with Speaker Paul Ryan and House GOP leadership privately at RNC Chairman Reince Priebus’ request. The presumptive nominee wanted to defuse his tense standoff with Ryan; the two differ on everything from policy priorities to style.

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: 200 House Republicans show up to meet Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 01:46:14 pm »

But after a bizarre Wednesday evening speech — Trump defended at length his use of a Star of David in an email attacking Hillary Clinton, raising claims of anti-Semitism from Democrats — he needs to reassure rank-and-file Republicans that he is not leading them to electoral disaster in November.

"Fear and Loathing in Washington, D.C."

I miss Hunter S. Thompson.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 01:49:34 pm »
Another bizarre scene:  Kudlow and Barletta BEGGING House Republicans to support Trump.  When has that ever been necessary?

What a bunch of cowards.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 02:00:22 pm »
These political animals' instinct for self preservation has to be overloading them all. I have the image of a trapped wolf gnawing its own leg off.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 02:16:46 pm »
Already alerted my rep that Trump is toxic.  Any support for him will be remembered.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 05:02:05 pm »
The sole issue was the meeting. But Political's army of Democrats had to get their DNC talking point memo smears in. When all the left wing sources say the exact same things and use the same terms its pretty obvious its scripted.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17