Author Topic: GOP lawmakers anticipate unity after colleagues meet the 'real Donald Trump'  (Read 638 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gop-lawmakers-predict-unity-after-meeting-with-real-donald-trump/article/2595815

GOP lawmakers anticipate unity after colleagues meet the 'real Donald Trump'
By Gabby Morrongiello (@gabriellahope_) • 7/7/16 12:51 AM

Donald Trump's most reliable supporters on Capitol Hill believe only good can come from his back-to-back meetings with Republicans in both congressional chambers.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee will address House Republicans on Thursday morning in a meeting organized by Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash., nearly a month ago. A source close to Trump's campaign said members can expect the candidate to field questions about his policy proposals and see how his demeanor "changes" when he's off the campaign trail.

"He obviously has a lot of charisma and charm, but I think people will be surprised at the Donald Trump they'll see," Pennsylvania Congressman Lou Barletta told the Washington Examiner in advance of Trump's meeting.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

After last night, Trump ought to be taken to the woodshed.  That was the most God-awful display in the past year from this buffoon.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Morning Joe
‏@Morning_Joe
.@LukeRussert: Republicans I spoke to this morning are 'livid' that Trump went so far off the rails last night

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

"The Real Donald Trump"???????

Tough job to discern since he has more personalities than Sybil...........
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mechanicos

After last night, Trump ought to be taken to the woodshed.  That was the most God-awful display in the past year from this buffoon.
Funny, but that meme about the speech was in the DNC Talking Point Memo floated on IRC this morning. Amazing.

And outside the left wing its not selling. Many are saying he was on fire last night and it was the 2nd great speech in row.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

Funny, but that meme about the speech was in the DNC Talking Point Memo floated on IRC this morning. Amazing.

And outside the left wing its not selling. Many are saying he was on fire last night and it was the 2nd great speech in row.

Not many are saying that.  A few.  Trump got his ass kicked by Jeff Flake today in the Senate meeting.  And stupid Trump threatened to campaign against him, not realizing that Flake isn't up until 2018.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

You find unfocused rambling, and hawking your kids at a critical campaign juncture (HRC woes) a good speech?

Standards my friend.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

And before you claim, I'm biased........

IF you read back, you will se that i gave Trump props for the presser he did in Scotland the day of the BREXIT vote announcement.  You need to bottle that and do it every time.

Offline Mechanicos

Not many are saying that.  A few.  Trump got his ass kicked by Jeff Flake today in the Senate meeting.  And stupid Trump threatened to campaign against him, not realizing that Flake isn't up until 2018.
Yes many are, Only the anti camp and their democrat leadership is saying what you said. He had a right to be angry at the lies. And most Americans never bought the anti-Semite smear attempt. Nor are they buying this talking point either.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Yes many are, Only the anti camp and their democrat leadership is saying what you said. He had a right to be angry at the lies. And most Americans never bought the anti-Semite smear attempt. Nor are they buying this talking point either.

I am sorry, this meme of calling anyone anti-Trump, pro-Hilary is not working.

You said you  supported Ted Cruz like I did.  Cruz is an utmost principled conservative.  Where are your principles?  I succumbed to shame under this argument in '08 & '12, and have been disgusted by that RINO vote ever since.  Cruz won't support Trump, because he like most conservatives realize that this election is lost.  Our best bet is to save Congress, regroup in '20, and bring this country back to the right like Reagan did in '80.

geronl

Threatening to attack them always works I guess. lol