Author Topic: Longtime FOXNEWS Host Gretchen Carlson files sex harrassment/retaliation lawsuit against CEO Roger Ailes  (Read 3389 times)

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline thatcher

Mods, sorry if this is not the right place for this --

Fox News host Gretchen Carlson files sexual harassment suit against CEO Roger Ailes alleging she was fired from network after 11 years for refusing to sleep with him

Gretcher Carlson has filed a sexual harassment suit against her Fox News boss Roger Ailes. 

The popular host of The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson alleges that she was let go on June 23 after 11 years with the network for refusing to sleep with Ailes.

Carlson writes in her court filing about a conversation she had with Ailes last September in which he allegedly said to her: 'I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago and then you’d be good and better and I’d be good and better.'

The conversation allegedly came when Carlson went to speak with Ailes about what she believed were discriminatory practices at the network.   

Carlson posted on Facebook Wednesday morning: 'As you may have heard, I am no longer with Fox News. I value your support and friendship, especially now, so please stay in touch with me. I value your support and friendship, especially now, so please stay in touch with me.'

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3677311/Fox-News-host-Gretchen-Carlson-files-sexual-harassment-suit-against-CEO-Roger-Ailes-alleging-fired-network-11-years-refusing-sleep-him.html

Offline mountaineer

If her contract expired, she wasn't exactly fired. Just not renewed.  :shrug:

Is there a link for this story, btw?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Rush Limbaugh, pick up the red phone, please...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline bob434

wondering if tantaros left under similar circumstances now

rangerrebew

BREAKING: Beloved Fox News Host FIRED – Accuses Roger Ailes of Sexual Harassment
06 Jul, 2016 by Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

Just damn. Gretchen Carlson will not be renewing her contract with Fox News and is instead suing Roer Ailes for sexual harassment. She alleges she was let go on June 23rd after 11 years there because she would not stand for demeaning and exploitative sexual comments by Ailes. I tend to believe her here and I am disgusted by this. He called her a ‘man hater’ and accused her of wanting to ‘show up the boys’. The whole thing came about when Gretchen complained about discriminatory practices at Fox News. Sounds like Donald Trump has rubbed off on the entire network. Of course Fox News is not responding to queries from the media, but dude…

http://rightwingnews.com/celebrities/breaking-beloved-fox-news-host-fired-accuses-roger-ailes-sexual-harassment/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:31:05 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline thatcher

LOL.

‏@iowahawkblog

Breaking: Fox News rocked by sexual harassment suit by Donald Trump against Sean Hannity

9:26 AM - 6 Jul 2016

Offline sinkspur

Karma's a bitch, Roger, for going into the tank for Trump.

Online cato potatoe

This year has been a total disaster for Fox News.  I can't watch it anymore - it's just 24 hours of tabloid trash.

Offline sinkspur

This year has been a total disaster for Fox News.  I can't watch it anymore - it's just 24 hours of tabloid trash.

Me either. Trump or one is spawn is on one of the prime time shows EVERY EFFING NIGHT!!

And all the questioning, even from Mr. "I'm lookin' out for the folks" O'Reilly is nothing but big softballs.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Maybe Fox and Ailes is just following Trump's New York values ethos as it pertains to women?  Just saying!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I wouldn't have thought Ailes was close enough to the show to really harass or sexually harass her.

I consider that she seemed to have gotten suddenly canned; so I think she is honest but it does make me wonder some.

geronl

She makes him sound like Donald Trump

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wouldn't have thought Ailes was close enough to the show to really harass or sexually harass her.

I consider that she seemed to have gotten suddenly canned; so I think she is honest but it does make me wonder some.

Yeah, I dunno.  Something is missing.  Doesn't make sense.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
She makes him sound like Donald Trump

Well they are good friends.  :whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LadyLiberty

Reminds me of this:  http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/04/04/trump-claims-info-destroy-ailes-fox-news/

And it also dovetails into Cheri Jacobus' claims in her lawsuit vs Trump and Lewandowski that the campaign told her that they had control over Fox News.  https://www.scribd.com/doc/309618140/2016-04-18-Cheri-Jacobus-Lawsuit-Against-Trump-and-Lewandowski

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
She's going to be a very credible witness.  Ailes is in big trouble.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
One of the male hosts on Fox and Friends morning is accused as well I understand.

Offline LadyLiberty

I have read that ten more women have come forward with statements.  Whether that is true or not, time will tell.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I have been emailing FOX for years to get rid of Gretchen.  The woman is a complete airhead that thinks she has something important to contribute. The C-word fits her perfectly.  Good riddance!  Shame she couldn't have the decency of leaving without pulling the woman card payoff though.

Gretchen Carlson was IMO a horrible co-host on F&F.  She had absolutely no chemistry with her co-hosts and often acted like she had a big pole stuck up her * and an expression on her face as if she was suffering from extreme constipation most of the time. And her afternoon show was unwatchable and had very low ratings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1zd9rgZK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vqfRvcjrs

She’s also anti-2d A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnQdAxmePVw&list=PLnCx1I5O7rHVdmCvXfM5rsWdf8KFX-Nuq

She worked for Fox for over 11 years but never once complained about the alleged sexual harassment until Fox declined to renew her contract.

:pondering:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mountaineer

Greta Van Susteren has posted this on Facebook today:
Greta Van Susteren
1 hr ·

How I became the villain? Huh? The NOW attempt to smear me with the Roger Ailes / Fox scandal by the Washington Post

Let’s first get something straight: I did not sexually harass anyone (of course.). And second, I did not know about any sexual harassment and keep it secret (of course.)

Back on July 6 when Gretchen Carlson’s news broke of sexual harassment – which I must highlight was the only then known allegation of sexual harassment by any woman – at the time, I said, when asked, ‘never happened to me, never heard of it, and that all I knew, and it was from a one time and only one time two hour drink (or coffee?) with Gretchen when we were both in London covering Prince William’s wedding, was that she was deeply, deeply unhappy working at Fox – but there was no mention of sexual harassment. She was unhappy that she was not getting air time – not sexual harassment – and because she bent my ear about it for such a long time is the only reason I know remember it. She was very angry whether justified or not. But for her upset about it, and the length of the conversation, I would not have remembered the conversation. That is really all I ever knew about Gretchen.

Her sexual allegations, as best I can now figure out, occurred after that date of that drink – but I am not sure. If it had occurred before, I wish she had said something to me about sexual harassment because I certainly would have given her guidance.

Gretchen and I have never worked in the same city so that is the only time I think I have ever spoken to her off camera. I only remembered it because she was so mad and she went on and on about it. It made an impression on me. This was not just mild annoyance with one’s work.

Fast forward to this year: what I said I knew when the news broke on July 6 of her surprising sexual harassment lawsuit was true – I had never heard of any sexual harassment, it had not happened to me. I was asked about my experience at Fox and I told it. I included that Roger Ailes had never sexually harassed me. That was true then, and it remains true now. I had never heard of it.

Plus, 200 miles away at the DC Bureau, I had never heard corporate gossip that this was going on with her or with anyone else. Period. People in companies gossip – a lot – and people often come to me and tell me things because I do speak up, but no one did.

This is important: it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen to her, it only meant when asked in early July I was telling what I knew. Period. I was surprised by it all as I am sure others were too.

This is also important: I was not someone who knew about any sexual harassment and didn’t speak up. Period. Fox (like all major corporations) has for years had mandatory sexual harassment classes to tell employees what it is, how to speak up – and speaking up can be done anonymously.

Now – and this is absurd – it has been turned by some – Erik Wemple of the Washington Post – into me being some sort of villain and defender of Roger Ailes. Nothing could be further from the truth. That is absurd.

This goes to a point that I have made many times on this blog – some reporters, with their own personal agendas, write what they want to believe….and even try to smear. It is a disgraceful means to try to advance one’s career. Rather than going out and doing real journalism, smear merchants come up with their own theories and their own bad motives and then 8assign them to someone else, here me.

That is what Erik Wemple of the Washington Post did….even suggesting I was immoral. He says that I behaved as Ailes would have me behave. That is his wild imagination – smear – as he sure doesn’t know me.

My “crime?” Answering questions as to what I knew or didn’t know at the time. Answers that are still true today in that I did not know about it and had never heard about it and Gretchen never told me about it but had made a big impression on me with her unhappiness about another topic – being underutilized at Fox on air.

One last thing, Wimple says I should apologize. I would like an apology from some women who knew about sexual harassment in the workplace years ago but did not slip an anonymous source note under the door of HR (yes anonymous without sufficient data to identify themselves.) That anonymous note might have prevented this from happening to other women, including Gretchen.

And I would like an apology from Wimple who is a smear merchant. He doesn’t have a clue — he is just tying to jump into a hot media topic with a “me, too.”

PS ‘Gretchen, you go girl.’ She KNEW about it and SPOKE up. She had the courage. She did not sit silent. I have no idea what did or did not happen. I have no idea what will happen or not happen with her lawsuit.

People – and that includes my many good women colleagues – who did not know anything about this should not now be demonized for not speaking up about something they had no knowledge of or for answering questions about it with the information they had at the time the news broke.
:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

Hopefully this scandal brings down Trump News Channel

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Greta Van Susteren has posted this on Facebook today: :shrug:

Gretchen has always had a chip on her shoulder.   She was a beauty queen but bitches about men seeing women as sex objects.   I'm glad she's gone. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.