Poll

President Clinton or President Trump?

Author Topic: Which would be worse?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Which would be worse?
« on: July 06, 2016, 02:25:09 pm »
 :pondering:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Which would be worse?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 02:28:15 pm »
I'm scared of both, frankly.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 02:28:35 pm »
Good poll. July 5 changed the calculus for me.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 02:30:15 pm »
They're both awful.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 02:31:18 pm »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 02:35:39 pm »
Grrrrrr.   Trump would be less bad.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 02:35:55 pm »
Trump's alt-right fascism is worse,  not least because, if not repudiated, it will likely destroy conservatism as a political movement in this nation. 

Responsible conservatives from the sixties onward have recognized the necessity of repudiating the racist crapola that infests so much of the nativist right.   Now we as a party are on the verge of embracing it.   It will prove the death of our movement unless we get out front and disassociate ourselves from it.   

The NeverTrumpers need to stick to their principles and kick Trumpism to the curb.   George Will is right - only by defeating Trump will we live to fight another day.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 02:38:06 pm »
I agree they are both awful. The only reason Trumps crimes haven't risen to the level of Hillary's is simply he hasn't been in the position of power to do it, but as for attitude toward the law and constitutuon, they both seem to not respect either.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 02:41:56 pm »
Trump's alt-right fascism is worse,  not least because, if not repudiated, it will likely destroy conservatism as a political movement in this nation. 

Responsible conservatives from the sixties onward have recognized the necessity of repudiating the racist crapola that infests so much of the nativist right.   Now we as a party are on the verge of embracing it.   It will prove the death of our movement unless we get out front and disassociate ourselves from it.   

The NeverTrumpers need to stick to their principles and kick Trumpism to the curb.   George Will is right - only by defeating Trump will we live to fight another day.   

I don't really understand that argument.  Trump is clearly not a conservative, so how will he destroy conservatism?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 02:44:46 pm »
I don't really understand that argument.  Trump is clearly not a conservative, so how will he destroy conservatism?

By being painted and held up as the face of it. He is every leftists parody of Conservatism and they will use him as proof of their false stereotypes.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »
By being painted and held up as the face of it. He is every leftists parody of Conservatism and they will use him as proof of their false stereotypes.

Exactly.  He is, for better or worse, the face of the conservative/Republican brand.   And that new face is ugly and hateful to behold. 

After Trump's defeat, the GOP will either die as the Whigs did, or resurrect itself with the voices of those who had the courage this year to reject alt-right fascism as the face of conservatism.   So long as those voices remain steadfast and strong, conservatism can survive.  But that requires us to reject the stupidity of voting for Trump just because "Hillary's worse".  Evil is evil, folks.   This is a time for standing up for what we believe.  Our sacred honor is all we have left.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 04:38:51 pm »

Already being done.

They are redefining and remaking Conservatism into Trump's NYC liberal image.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 07:14:56 pm »
Needed fourth choice.......

Nauseated at the thought of either.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 04:36:21 am »

Because those that believe that crapola call themselves conservative.

And the rest of America takes their declaration at face value unless someone (like, let's say, Conservatives) actually repudiates their claims.