Author Topic: Trump's Saddam praise earns bipartisan scorn  (Read 387 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's Saddam praise earns bipartisan scorn
« on: July 06, 2016, 02:13:18 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-praise-saddam-hussein-225149

Trump's Saddam praise earns bipartisan scorn

By Nick Gass

07/06/16 06:46 AM EDT

Donald Trump has been lamenting the death of Saddam Hussein for months. On Tuesday, in yet another sign that the general election is less hospitable territory than the Republican primary, his repeated praise of the late Iraqi dictator finally caught up with him.

"He was a bad guy — really bad guy," the presumptive Republican nominee told supporters in Raleigh, North Carolina. "But you know what? He did well? He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn't read them the rights. They didn't talk. They were terrorists. Over. Today, Iraq is Harvard for terrorism."

Trump has maintained that he opposed the 2003 invasion of Iraq from the outset, although he offered support in September 2002 during an interview with Howard Stern. (“Are you for invading Iraq?” Stern asked. “Yeah, I guess so," Trump replied.)

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Trump's Saddam praise earns bipartisan scorn
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 02:17:55 pm »
Politicals Army of Democrats omits the material fact the only thing Trump said Saddam did well was kill terrorists without political correct BS.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/21/politicos-army-of-democrats-driving-anti-trump-narrative/
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 02:20:27 pm »
Oh, my goodness.

Now Trump is PRAISING a terrorist.

How utterly stupid is this man???

Oh, that's right, he's a DEMOCRAT, so he keeps spouting their talking points.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 02:20:33 pm »
Politicals Army of Democrats omits the material fact the only thing Trump said Saddam did well was kill terrorists without political correct BS.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/06/21/politicos-army-of-democrats-driving-anti-trump-narrative/

Trumpbart talking point.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 02:23:11 pm »
Trumpbart talking point.

Apparently Trumpbart forgets that Saddam was also shooting innocent people dead, without being PC about that either.

And Trump, as always, knows absolutely nothing about anything, so makes a complete fool of himself.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:23:46 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 02:27:31 pm »
This is like praising the Taliban for restoring order in Afghanistan because they killed their rivals.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 02:31:09 pm »
Apparently Trumpbart forgets that Saddam was also shooting innocent people dead, without being PC about that either.

And Trump, as always, knows absolutely nothing about anything, so makes a complete fool of himself.

Trump's statement could easily be applied to Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, or any other murderous tyrant.  Because murderous tyrants are good at, well, killing people.  I'm not sure it benefits Trump's campaign to be pointing that out.

But what's amazing is that in less than 24 hour of the headlines being about "0bama/Hillary are corrupt," Trump manages to change the headlines to "Trump is a buffoon."
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 02:31:36 pm »
This is like praising the Taliban for restoring order in Afghanistan because they killed their rivals.

That will be Trump's next talking point..

And his minions will defend that too, just as they are defending this (and thus, also defending Saddam).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 02:33:47 pm »
Trump's statement could easily be applied to Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, or any other murderous tyrant.  Because murderous tyrants are good at, well, killing people.  I'm not sure it benefits Trump's campaign to be pointing that out.

But what's amazing is that in less than 24 hour of the headlines being about "0bama/Hillary are corrupt," Trump manages to change the headlines to "Trump is a buffoon."

I've said this before about Trump, but as an educator, I see him as being very like a bad child in school.  If he's not getting attention, he draws it to himself.  He doesn't care whether it's good or bad attention, as long as people are looking at him.

The emotional unbalance this man displays is truly frightening.

But at least he is consistent.....  :smokin:

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 02:47:20 pm »
Let me get this straight.
The Context is Obama warning Terrorists before bombing them so as to ensure their safety, telling them when we would withdraw, etc.

So after acknowledging all the Antis are regurgitating about Saddam by stating clearly Saddam was a bad man, a really bad man, the sole issue the Trump despisers have is the one part where trump said Saddam killed terrorists with no mess or fuss. aka without Liberal PC.

Yet here we are with the antis once again LYING about Trump claiming he approved of all the bad things Saddam did.

People can watch the videos and the full Trump quote is out there.
So keep on damaging yourselves with this crap.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 02:49:41 pm »

Which terrorists was Trump referring to?