Author Topic: Who Speaks for the Party?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Who Speaks for the Party?
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 11:56:05 pm »
It seems to me that the court of public opinion would have been much more harsh in its treatment of Hillary, and of the Obama admin, if he *had* recommended prosecution and that recommendation was rejected, or even had the recommendation been followed but only half-heartedly.

And the results of the half assed prosecution - we'd have got them in January. Better to do it now so it can't be kept quiet.

I think he did it right, given the fact that the DoJ was NOT going to prosecute regardless of evidence.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 11:56:10 pm »
It seems to me that the court of public opinion would have been much more harsh in its treatment of Hillary, and of the Obama admin, if he *had* recommended prosecution and that recommendation was rejected, or even had the recommendation been followed but only half-heartedly.

Yes, but that's because you're a conservative and a thinker.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 01:54:36 am »
What I did not see coming was the litany of crimes recited and then the no go from Comey. It still makes no sense.

I'm not satisfied with the "he's just another corrupt hack" explanation.

He just did the same thing that Roberts did with ObamaCare.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 03:05:40 am »
Maybe read Dr.  Seuss ??
I think you attribute to much to his literary prowess, I think it's only a short time before he starts quoting from the Simpsons. This quote is something that should roll smoothly from his lips
“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man!”
―Jebediah Springfield's famous speech

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 03:10:44 am »
And the results of the half assed prosecution - we'd have got them in January. Better to do it now so it can't be kept quiet.

I think he did it right, given the fact that the DoJ was NOT going to prosecute regardless of evidence.

I agree with you that the ClintonObama [HoustonSam edit : perhaps I was right the first time]/Lynch Justice Dept would not prosecute.  But had they done so half-heartedly the fact of the prosecution, not the final verdict, would have done the damage to Hillary.

But it's all speculative, and your theory is certainly as good as mine.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:12:44 am by HoustonSam »
James 1:20

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2016, 03:24:00 am »
Because he isn't. Which is why he did what he did.

Laid out the case clearly, concisely and with zero possibility of what he said being spun or misinterpreted. Then flat out told everyone - in public - that there would be no prosecution.

He's throwing the case to the only court still available to him - the court of public opinion.

While that is plausible, I think what may be closer to the truth is that he laid out the entire criminal case that the FBI staff uncovered at that conference, so that the agency wouldn't have a mutiny on their hands and find half the investigative staff walk in protest.

That none of them did walk matches what we have seen of the military brass that also stayed on while their entire apparatus is being dismantled and made a joke.

This is what a post-coup looks like folks.

No one willing to rock the boat because they fear what will happen to them if they do.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775