Author Topic: The Second Amendment Is the First Domino in the Toppling of the Bill of Rights  (Read 393 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
July 5, 2016
The Second Amendment Is the First Domino in the Toppling of the Bill of Rights
By Michael N. Mattia

The recent typical Democrat faux hysteria over the shooting in Orlando has nothing to do with “gun control” but rather with “people control.” If they were serious they would address the ongoing situation in Chicago, where the gang murder rate attributed to illegal guns is out of control. The major objective of the Democrats is the elimination of the Second Amendment by extra-constitutional means in order to establish a precedent for eliminating the other 9 Amendments in the Bill of Rights.

This is the time to actually review the Constitution.  This document drawn up over a number of years is basically an organizational plan for the establishment and operation of a federal representative republic form of government.  It lays out the establishment of the three branches of government, Legislative, Executive and Judiciary and specifies the functions of each office and the requirements for individuals to hold an office.  Age, residence location, citizenship, and so forth.

The length of the Constitution and the specific issues and concerns addressed demonstrate the work of highly intelligent people familiar with the faults and foibles of human beings. It lays out very specific methods for changing or amending the Constitution.  These methods are intricate, time consuming and designed to make any changes difficult to achieve.  It recognizes the dangers of changes to the Constitution made in the emotional heat of partisan politics and does everything to eliminate that possibility.  Of course nothing is perfect and the Eighteenth Amendment and Volstead Act, better known as Prohibition, are a glaring example of how good intentions can produce bad results.

When the arduous work of constructing the Constitution was finished the framers recognized one glaring omission.  There was nothing in the document to protect the individual.  Therefore they came up with the first ten Amendments to the Constitution, the Bill of Rights.  And recognizing the tendency of those in power to continually strive to attain more power they placed the Second Amendment regarding weapons in a place of prominence.

The Liberal/Progressive/Democrat cohort are not stupid, for the most part (there are always glaring exceptions) and they recognize that they would never be able to strike the Second Amendment and the right to gun ownership through the established process of actually amending the Constitution.  So they are resorting to extra-constitutional attempts to accomplish that end.  Through judicial activism, legislative bait and switch and executive actions they are striving to reach that ultimate goal: change the Constitution without adhering to the obstructive requirements of the Constitution itself.

If they are successful in negating the Second Amendment, then the other nine amendments will be fair game for elimination by fiat since a precedent has been set.  The guarantees of the Bill of Rights will become null and void and government will be the only controlling power.  The individual will become nothing more than a slave of the powerful.

This what Progressivism is all about.  The blueprint for this type of tyranny is the European Union, where unelected bureaucrats issue orders with the force of law affecting all citizens of member states.  In this country, the Democrat controlled State of California is the Progressives’ dream and the bellwether for the rest of the country.

Couple this effort to eliminate the Second Amendment along with the total, widespread and deep corruption, abuse of power and the complete disdain for the law by the present Democratic Party and its leaders Obama, Lynch and Clintons, puts the future of the United States is in dire peril.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/07/the_second_amendment_is_the_first_domino_in_the_toppling_of_the_bill_of_rights_.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

An unarmed populace is easier to subjugate. But you can't tell the public that's your goal in disarming them so you wrap it in the guise of public safety
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy