Author Topic: BREAKING: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET  (Read 5454 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: BREAKING: FBI Director Comey to deliver statement at 11 a.m. ET
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2016, 03:46:55 pm »
Obama picks the FBI director and Obama picks the attorney general. Anyone who really believed this would turn out any other way is a fool.

If we want to fix this we must fix the way these department heads are chosen. Personally I think our state legislatures should vote on FBI director and Attorney general. (Maybe even federal judges)

Offline flowers

« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2016, 03:52:00 pm »
Well it appears Comfy is saying Hillary isn't a criminal, she's just 'incompetent'.
Wow......just wow. So it is all good she is 'incompetent' for them and yet OK to run the White HOuse.   I don't need a answer, I think I already know it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2016, 03:53:18 pm »
Obama picks the FBI director and Obama picks the attorney general. Anyone who really believed this would turn out any other way is a fool.

If we want to fix this we must fix the way these department heads are chosen. Personally I think our state legislatures should vote on FBI director and Attorney general. (Maybe even federal judges)
  You are correct. This wasn't ever going to end anyother way for her.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2016, 03:53:24 pm »

You'll have to change the Constitution.  It makes no sense (to me) to have state officials voting on federal nominees.   That would be like having customers vote on who the marketing director of a company is.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2016, 03:55:30 pm »
People in that level of power, when their people are in charge, do not get prosecuted. Just how the world works. (not saying it is right).

Offline flowers

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2016, 03:57:03 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2016, 03:57:32 pm »
You'll have to change the Constitution.  It makes no sense (to me) to have state officials voting on federal nominees.   That would be like having customers vote on who the marketing director of a company is.

Yet these federal agencies and appointees are the ones happily stepping all over the states.

The feds need to be under the control of the states.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »
Darrell Issa ‏@DarrellIssa 10m10 minutes ago Washington, DC

The FBI decision shows once again how the Clintons and others at the top get to live by a different set of rules from everyone else.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2016, 03:59:35 pm »
David M. Drucker ‏@DavidMDrucker  12m12 minutes ago
Starring in pro-Clinton attack ads this cycle: Republicans. Starring in pro-Trump attack ads: Comey.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2016, 04:00:42 pm »
Stephen Hayes ‏@stephenfhayes 18m18 minutes ago

Could Hillary Clinton get a basic security clearance based on her past actions? A good Q from @JerylBier.

Offline WAC

« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:51 pm »

Worse....Comfey spelled out that Hillary committed felonies.
FBI declined to recommend indictment, but he outlined crimes!
 So now breaking the law is intent not felonious actions?

Offline flowers

« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2016, 04:08:11 pm »
 So now breaking the law is intent not felonious actions?

It is over....this country has been gone for sometime.  8888crybaby

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2016, 04:12:47 pm »
If Your Name Isn't Hillary, the Hammer for Mishandling Secrets

The double standard is obvious, says a former diplomat pounded by Clinton State Department.

By Steven Nelson | Staff Writer Aug. 14, 2015, at 12:43 p.m.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/08/14/if-your-name-isnt-hillary-the-hammer-for-mishandling-secrets?src=usn_tw

Peter Van Buren can’t wait for the court-ordered release of Hillary Clinton’s work emails from 2011, a nearly ruinous year for him that resulted in a negotiated retirement from the State Department.

The foreign affairs arm of the federal government, then led by Clinton, had accused the longtime foreign service officer of mishandling classified information and unsuccessfully asked the Justice Department to prosecute him.

Van Buren says his travails demonstrate a double standard at the State Department, which now defends Clinton’s use of a private email system that this week was revealed to contain highly classified top secret information.

At the same time Clinton, now the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, was using her private and apparently unsecure email system, Van Buren lost his security clearance and then his job as a result of what he views as false allegations of mishandling information that wasn't secret at all.

The problems began in late 2010 when Van Buren wrote a book titled “We Meant Well: How I Helped Lose the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People.” He submitted it to the department for prepublication review and, after a mandatory waiting period in 2011, it was shipped to bookstores. Just before it hit the shelves, his publisher was urged to hit the brakes.

There were three allegedly classified details, the department claimed about the book poised to sharply criticize U.S. diplomatic efforts. The details including mention that an unnamed CIA officer who had worked in Iraq and Afghanistan had also worked in Somalia, that the CIA controlled the budget of Iraqi intelligence services – a rehash, the author says, of mainstream press reporting – and that the CIA had once worked with Saddam Hussein.

Van Buren's publisher concluded the contested passages “clearly did not contain classified information” and brushed off the threat without legal consequences.

Then a ton of bricks fell on Van Buren. His security clearance was suspended. His access to State Department facilities was restricted. He was essentially unable to work. The reason he was given, he recalls, was that he linked to a WikiLeaks cable on his personal blog.

exc

Offline WAC

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2016, 04:17:27 pm »

Who really is the Demorat running for President????
April23 Billy meets with President of France....

In NYCity ....candidating for Hillary or Himself????

Who are Hillary supporters really supporting for President?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2016, 04:28:55 pm »
zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 7m7 minutes ago

Rudy Giuliani: "This is a grossly negligent decision by James Comey"

IF Trump were smart, he would keep his mouth shut and let his surrogates handle responses. But he's not, so he won'y / can't.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:31:37 pm by don-o »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2016, 09:26:39 pm »
OK, everyone all done being stupid and knee jerking now?

Yes, he did, didn't he. Perfectly, in fact, in soundbites perfectly designed and presented for an attack ad.

The hell's the guy got to do - hold up a flashing neon sign saying "I'm not allowed to prosecute her, so you got to do it?"

No wonder the Repubs are called the stupid party.  :thud:

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2016, 09:33:14 pm »
If Ryan doesn't roll out bills of impeachment against Obama, Lynch, Comey, Kosikin, et al by COB tonight, he is complicit in the government coverup.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2016, 09:34:28 pm »
IF Trump were smart, he would keep his mouth shut and let his surrogates handle responses. But he's not, so he won'y / can't.

Sorry, but unless the remarks come from Trump himself, nobody will cover it.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2016, 09:41:37 pm »
Comey resigns?

He'll be in office to serve the next 2 Presidents. His term is up at the end of 2023

geronl

« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2016, 09:49:59 pm »

Comey is a "Republican"

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2016, 09:59:31 pm »
Comey is a "Republican"
Yup and as stupid as the rest.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »
Sorry, but unless the remarks come from Trump himself, nobody will cover it.

I can't stand Trump one bit.  But this sh@t that they did for Hillary will make me vote for him just to say FU to everyone.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2016, 11:29:59 am »
The hell's the guy got to do - hold up a flashing neon sign saying "I'm not allowed to prosecute her, so you got to do it?"

Well, some of us believed the reports of Comey's impeccable integrity.

I know I know; but I refuse to give in to absolute cynicism

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2016, 01:03:26 pm »
OK, everyone all done being stupid and knee jerking now?

Yes, he did, didn't he. Perfectly, in fact, in soundbites perfectly designed and presented for an attack ad.

How about laying out the case against her, as he did, and wrapping it up with, "we have presented the evidence and information to the AG's office and they will decide whether to proffer charges or not"?   Instead, he goes through the "no reasonable prosecutor would...." crap.  What was that all about?

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2016, 01:23:17 pm »
Unfortunately, in the court of blind DemoRat public opinion, it doesn't matter.  She is the anointed one and it is just a Republican ploy to attack her.  The Director could have said she is guilty as sin, and these blind idiots would defend her.  It doesn't even matter if Hillary's quid pro quo with Lynch to keep her on as AG is true or not.  The Pubbies in congress are true to form with inaction after inaction.  BOTH parties are guilty of public fraud and NOTHING will change until we stop voting party lines and get some NEW fresh blood.  And that doesn't mean Trump either.  He is running as a Pubby so he will be no different.  He is even worse, because he thinks he is above it all and can do whatever he wants.  We need a true constitutional conservative that believes in the constitution as a license to operate from the people of the United States.  That would be Darrel Castle and Scott Bradley of the Constitution Party.  Go ahead and denigrate them as some third party wackos, but you are just inviting more of this same crap sandwich of a government that your getting from the DemRats and Pubbies.  OK, done with my soap box.