Author Topic: Ted Cruz Grills Snooty Jeh Johnson On Islamic Terrorism at Senate Judiciary Hearing  (Read 581 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: PJ MEDIA

URL: https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/07/01/ted-cruz-grills-snooty-jeh-johnson-at-senate-judiciary-hearing/

by: Debra Heine

Sparks flew between U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson during the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Thursday, as Cruz continued his efforts to expose the Obama administration’s "willful blindness" to radical Islamic terrorism.

Cruz began his line of questioning by noting that DHS didn't attend the hearing he held on Tuesday, "Willful Blindness: Consequences of Agency Efforts To Deemphasize Radical Islam in Combating Terrorism."

He proceeded to fill Johnson in on what he missed, describing evidence and testimony that he said revealed a "systematic effort" to scrub all references of Islam in government documents.

"For example, in the 9/11 Commission report the word 'jihad' appears 126 times, the word Muslim appears in that report 145 times, the word Islam appears in that report 322 times," Cruz said. "And yet since that 9/11 report, new policies have been put into effect and as a matter of systematic policy those terms are no longer allowed to be used in this administration. The FBI counter-terror lexicon uses the word jihad zero times. The national Intelligence Strategy of 2009 uses jihad zero times, the Strategic Implementation Plan to Prevent Violent Extremism of 2011 uses the word zero times. The National Intelligence Strategy of 2014 uses the word zero times."

"We heard testimony from a former employee of the Department of Homeland Security, Phil Haney, that in October of 2009 more than 800 Customs and Border Patrol documents were ordered modified, scrubbed, or deleted to remove references to jihad or the Muslim Brotherhood, or other similar references," Cruz said.

Cruz asked Johnson if Haney's testimony was accurate.

"I have no idea," the DHS chief answered dismissively. "I don't know who Mr. Haney is. I wouldn't know him if he walked in the room."

Haney, of course, is the "DHS whistleblower" who made a huge  splash in the news last December when he spilled the beans on what the Obama administration was doing to restrict law enforcement and intelligence efforts to combat Islamic extremism.

Having quit the department a few months earlier, the San Bernardino massacre prompted him to blow the whistle on the administration because he was convinced that his investigation (which was shut down by the Obama State Department) could have prevented the attack. In February of this year, Haney went public with his claim that DHS ordered him to scrub records of Muslims with terror ties.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline skeeter

Thank God Cruz is still around. Someone has to challenge these b*stards.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Thank God Cruz is still around. Someone has to challenge these b*stards.

If a large number of Trump supporters had their way they would have had Cruz drawn, quartered and then hung in a crows cage. The hatred for Cruz, even now at FR is outright ridiculous. Personally I am with you happy that he is there representing us and still wish he was going to be the nominee. I think there are many people that will find the "Lyin" meme was applied to the wrong candidate

Offline skeeter

If a large number of Trump supporters had their way they would have had Cruz drawn, quartered and then hung in a crows cage. The hatred for Cruz, even now at FR is outright ridiculous. Personally I am with you happy that he is there representing us and still wish he was going to be the nominee. I think there are many people that will find the "Lyin" meme was applied to the wrong candidate

Some will realize they were wrong, others will follow Trump all the way to rock bottom, spitting and flailing all the way down. That was the last lesson I took away from TOS.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Trump is getting the nomination because he smeared a good man's name.  It is for that reason alone it's going to take a lot of persuasion to get me to vote for Trump in November.  He's a rotten, rotten person. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SirLinksALot

Trump is getting the nomination because he smeared a good man's name.  It is for that reason alone it's going to take a lot of persuasion to get me to vote for Trump in November.  He's a rotten, rotten person.

Given that the National Enquirer ( whose Chief is Trump's close friend ) is quite good at unraveling celebrity scandals ( see John Edwards and Jesse Jackson ), I wonder what ever happened to their news of Ted Cruz allegedly having 5 mistresses ( two of who denied it, one in fact is a Trump spokeswoman ). This "news" ( note the quotes ) seem to have vanished from the face of the earth.

And where's the follow up on the alleged link between Ted Cruz's father and Lee Harvey Oswald? Suddenly no one seems to be interested in pursuing this... aren't they concerned that a sitting senator's father is a would be assassin's co-conspirator? /sarc

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Given that the National Enquirer ( whose Chief is Trump's close friend ) is quite good at unraveling celebrity scandals ( see John Edwards and Jesse Jackson ), I wonder what ever happened to their news of Ted Cruz allegedly having 5 mistresses ( two of who denied it, one in fact is a Trump spokeswoman ). This "news" ( note the quotes ) seem to have vanished from the face of the earth.

And where's the follow up on the alleged link between Ted Cruz's father and Lee Harvey Oswald? Suddenly no one seems to be interested in pursuing this... aren't they concerned that a sitting senator's father is a would be assassin's co-conspirator? /sarc

The smear had done its job.  Now Cruz is left with rebuilding his shattered reputation in time to campaign for his reelection.  We need his kind in the Senate no matter who wins the top job.  It's not helping Trump still calls him "Lyin Ted."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Jeh Johnson came off sounding like the smarmy arrogant Liberal he is.

Another member of this Administration that thinks he's above Congress and thinks it's insulting to have to answer to them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!